318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Cars for Sale (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   KS M3ti needs a good home (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40761)

KSKarl 10-03-2014 11:28 PM

M3ti needs a good home

Time to send my toy affectionately named the M3ti to a good home. Frustrated at my lack of time to track the car.
95 318ti with a fairly fresh S50 engine. I got a valve job about 12K ago and found first oversize pistons, so I guess about 25K on the bottom end. Also found a Schrick cam - the cam plus custom exhaust lets it rev like crazy. Kept the stock chip with rev limiter for safety.
M3 front struts, Bilstein sport, plus 24mm sway bar. Rear shocks are KYB because I couldn't find Bilstein sport.
About 13K on brake rotors and pads, M3 front and 318ti rear.
Ronal wheels with Conti DWS tires. The "S" is clear on the rear tires, just barely worn off the front. Plus a set of staggered M3 contour track wheels currently wearing worn street tires.

Electric stuff like windows, locks, cruise, all work. Interior is in good shape -- I had seat covers on the fronts and minimal wear on driver's seat looks like PO did as well. The car had an aftermarket CD changer in the rear that I removed, but wiring is still in the car and I'll include the changer, loose, plus a few other bits.
In my frustration at not driving the car I tried an open day at the track and laid it into the tire wall. Cosmetic damage, drove home with no issues about hour and an half from the track. Body is repaired and all is well for sale. But I was already talking to a few local contacts about selling the car before that day at the track, it just needs to go to someone who will use it as it deserves.
Negative:
- It’s black/black, and nobody ever bought a BMW for its air conditioner
- The dual exhaust eliminates the spare tire, so spare rides inside
- Air bag light is on for the first minute after starting, then clears. Mechanic says if the light clears the system will work as advertised.

Moderator says not to haggle price in the forum, so email karl67208@yahoo.com
for price, questions, pics.
Will consider delivery if you're an interesting road trip. :-)

M-technik-3 10-04-2014 12:23 AM

Suggest a nice photo storage such as flickr since it's part of yahoo. Put a detailed amount of photos to help your sale

BRADESTAR 10-04-2014 01:03 AM

Sounds nice.

I think that posting asking price is OK. Just the back-and-forth haggling kept to PM. I too am interested in pictures. We all on this site enjoy seeing them.

GLWS.

1996 328ti 10-04-2014 02:44 AM

Posting a price is fine.
It's the bickering that should be avoided.

KSKarl 10-05-2014 02:41 AM

Thanks for the advice. I put some photos into flickr
https://www.flickr.com/photos/196196...7647968537320/
asking $8000

Jakobie1086 10-06-2014 10:12 PM

Let me suggest posting some photo's of the motor, including the top end rebuild and the pistons. Oversize pistons mean the block was out and bored, and I'd also post some pictures of your cams. GLWS

KSKarl 10-07-2014 01:33 AM

I didn't get any pictures while the head was off. Burnt a couple exhaust valves, and replaced them all to make sure. Root cause was the valve speing retainers had pulled up over the keepers, losing spring tension. So the first time I drove it hard I burnt the valves. Replaced all the keepers and retainers--intake and exhaust.
Bottom end rebuild was likely done by the PO as part of the swap--rebuild instead of just putting in a used S50. I got his book of receipts as well as my own, but no reference to mileage so I'm guessing 25K. Maybe less, I don't think more.

KSKarl 10-22-2014 12:18 AM

Damage you see in the autox picture has been repaired. And while we were at it painted out the stone chips on hood and nose piece.
That autox was my first in a long time. Found a second one recently. In both the car ran at the fast end of the group on street tires, even in my feeble hands.