318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Induction (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   DASC Info (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37906)

BlackBMWs 02-05-2013 08:38 AM

DASC Info

Guys, Does anyone have any original info on the 97+ DASCs they would be willing to forward on or post in the Induction section?

I have an install guide and the 97+ parts kit listing. Didn't know if there was any tuning considerations or "users guide" that came with the original kits or something that was available back in the day.

No luck in multiple searches on multiple forums. :frown:

Thanks! :cool:

m44lee 02-09-2013 01:59 AM

no guides as such but check out technique tunings site they do some good maps! i have the stage 3 myself which is a nice improvement!
i also have a smaller 3.4" pulley from pulleyboys.com

BlackBMWs 02-09-2013 07:24 AM

Nice, Thanks! BTW, I have a message into Drew for a set of pulleys. :cool:

m44lee 02-09-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBMWs (Post 345039)
Nice, Thanks! BTW, I have a message into Drew for a set of pulleys. :cool:

mine are still going strong highly recommended
and drews a top bloke where mine broke on me to quickly get me back on the road he gave me the ones he'd just made for himself!

BlackBMWs 02-09-2013 03:56 PM

Yes, his look fairly bulletproof compared to what I see available and still competitively priced. Aside from looking cool too. I've been reading the threads there as well. Good info on the site you referenced as I'm trying to get up to speed on DASC considerations per se. 😎

Sent from my mobile device

BlackBMWs 02-09-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m44lee (Post 345020)
no guides as such but check out technique tunings site they do some good maps! i have the stage 3 myself which is a nice improvement!
i also have a smaller 3.4" pulley from pulleyboys.com

Are you running a M3 MAF or one from a Porsche? Part#? Im just observing the different configurations. Thx!

Sent from my mobile device

m44lee 02-10-2013 01:05 AM

the uk m3 maf is different to the us one
which i didnt know at 1st and got my info from us sites so when i got the uk m3 maf it was massive!

so from part numbers found out its the uk 325 thats the same so thats what i have!

BlackBMWs 02-21-2013 05:56 PM

so, update on finding additional DASC info:

No other info available from DA, other than the two install manuals and the associated parts list. I will say that while they no longer sell the items, Jim Goodroe has been a great help in locating missing parts for me.

The best info as we know are the install threads in the various forums that augment the install guides.

At the moment, I am collecting the various missing or worn kit parts for my used DASC and will preinstall it on a M44 I have on a stand for fit and confirm I'm not missing anything. I suspect I will have it installed by early April behind a few other projects in line.

Thanks for your feedback! Cheers... :cool: