318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Now that BMW is leaving F1...Who Should I follow! (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28129)

redhairpuppy 09-23-2009 09:49 PM

Now that BMW is leaving F1...Who Should I follow!

I know this is old news about BMW leaving F1 but thought I'd throw it out there. I live in WV so I only know of three people here that watch. I guess the right thing to do would be to switch my allegence to one of the new teams since I don't care for some of the others. I would jump to Braun because I like Rubens but who knows if he is going to be there next year and I was already burned by Honda! I guess I'll switch to the USF1 team (tho I don't care to much for Windsor and his love afair with Lewis Hamilton). Anyone care to chime in?

adamud 09-23-2009 10:30 PM

Ill probably be favoring the USF1. I'm with you on the Rubens being my next favorite, but it honestly seems like this may be his last year.

There are quite a few new teams like Lotus and others (can't think of them off the top of my head). But I think the US team will be my go to team.

Do we know the motor they will be going with??

RedDog 09-24-2009 12:38 AM

From my understanding in the original agreement that the FIA set all new teams were going to be forced to use Cosworth engines, however after all the controversy (FIA vs. FOTA) the amendment might have been taken away since it is not fair to the old teams that offer their engines.

I personal favor Ferrari since I was raised on them, yet it might become an one man team for me if they sign Alonso. I just can't cheer him on. Also, Brawn is a genius and is always someone worth rooting on. I have to also show some love for USF1 since we need more F1 in this country. The nice thing is F1 has a lot of great drivers to choose from at the moment.

marko 09-24-2009 01:52 AM

Forza Ferrari forever IMO!
Too much allure for any other team to really matter...

Still have a photo that someone took of me while I was sleeping at 10 years old, & the good old Niki Lauda 70's Ferrari tacked on the wall right above my head.

Love that team... not to mention my favorite, the Red Baron era!

Though, a 2010 Lotus come back may be interesting - wonder if they'll bring the JPS livery from Senna days?! That would be way cool... LOL

adamud 09-24-2009 04:56 PM

http://sport.malaysia.msn.com/formul...mentid=3584975

BMW may not be completely gone..

marko 09-25-2009 01:30 AM

ah ****. no Lotus?

that sucks...

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamud (Post 245217)

adamud 09-25-2009 02:50 AM

No Lotus has the 13th spot. BMW may not be in 010' for sure. But FIA will more than likely let them in. Its more money for them, they would be stupid not to.

I think its funny that a BMW will have a Ferrari engine and gearbox...
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a BMW F1 car....
Now I can wear my BMW shirts and Ferrari shoes and be politically correct!

redhairpuppy 09-25-2009 09:25 PM

The JPS cars...those were the best looking cars ever....but then again I like the Jimmy Clark era cars best, no wings just engine and the guts to drive them as fast as they can!!!

Rubens will have a job next year. He will be the driver they hire to help develp the new car on a new team. He needs to milk this year for all it's worth and beat Button!

marko 09-26-2009 01:19 AM

really? surelly cant be called BMW F1, can it?? LOL

I think it'll go back to being Sauber F1 LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamud (Post 245269)
No Lotus has the 13th spot. BMW may not be in 010' for sure. But FIA will more than likely let them in. Its more money for them, they would be stupid not to.

I think its funny that a BMW will have a Ferrari engine and gearbox...
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a BMW F1 car....
Now I can wear my BMW shirts and Ferrari shoes and be politically correct!