318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   traded in the M... (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=27360)

briansol 07-11-2009 06:26 AM

traded in the M...

4 Attachment(s)
As many of you know, I've tried to sell it for a few months now with no solid leads.

So, i decided to trade it in and buy something more affordable.

I was upside down $1000, so it was good enough, and dropped my payments over $300 a month.

what did I get?

I picked up a 2010 2.0T track package Hyundai Genesis.

fun car. I thought i'd be wanting to hang myself for leaving the M behind, but this thing is a blast to drive.
cheaper, can take 87 octane, 10 yr warranty, yadda yadda...
it was a good decision.

I'm still going to try to sell the ti too. seems like every day, something else makes me hate the thing. lol

Xenocide 07-11-2009 06:53 AM

not bad.

I will be picking one of those up in about 6 years as a track rat when they are worth 4 grand. Great cars, unfortunately the hyundai name does not hold any value :( Sucks because they are VERY well engineered cars.

spidertri 07-11-2009 02:41 PM

Awesome buy! I have read nothing but good reviews about em. I saw one on the highway the other day and it really looked good too.

mgbman69 07-11-2009 02:46 PM

Awesome! I finally got to ride in one a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by how nice they are.

I really want one just like yours (2.0 track pack in black)

Well done.

jeff 07-11-2009 04:29 PM

I'd love to autocross that car.

Marv17 07-11-2009 04:46 PM

those koreans are starting to make nice decent cars that get better every year. I've been very impressed on their progress in popularity especially nowadays when they have this deal where if you loose your job they'll take the car back no questions asked and it won't hurt your credit score. sort of like a lease i guess.
looks nice.

Xenocide 07-11-2009 05:06 PM

I haven't looked into that deal where they take the car back, but I would assume you would get no money towards it and loose everything you have paid off towards the car.

roadrash 07-11-2009 05:27 PM

Nice looking car. I especially like the interior, it reminds me of the Millpoint Red sport interior. :smile:

BTW, to whom it may concern.... lose... loose. :biggrin:

tiFreak 07-11-2009 06:21 PM

not a bad replacement, those are nice cars

mgbman69 07-11-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff (Post 236483)
I'd love to autocross that car.

Yeah one was driven it the Peru National Tour about a week ago with some success in G-Stock..

Looks like it some potential. It'll be interesting to see if anyone tries to develop it into and ST/SP car.

briansol 07-11-2009 10:38 PM

i think this one will hold its value pretty good (comparable to jap/german cars VS american cars).

the car is VERY wide. it barely fits in my garage. i litterally have 2 inches on either side mirror before i scrape the garage door. And i have a normal sized garage. i don't think it will make a good autox car at all. it hill be hitting tight gates left and right.

The genesis is not a car offered on the 'buy back' plan. Doesn't matter to me, i don't have a job to lose in the first place :) (i'm self emplyed) That's why i down graded, too. i decided i'd rather work less/less hard and drive a hyundai, then work my ass off and drive an m3. :)

familytruckster 07-12-2009 01:17 AM

you'd be surprised what you can fit through at gate at an autocross! I rarely take any cones out. When I do it's usually with the rear bumper!

I hope the are building them better, the 2001 accent the wife has is a PITA. Impossible to keep the check engine light off and the car actually running decent. Can't wait for that thing to blow up.

briansol 07-12-2009 03:20 AM

sure, but the Ti is seriously 1/2 the size of the genesis. it's on par with an older 5-series in length and cadalac in width. seriously.