318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Interior and ICE (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Gonna be a big change! (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37127)

Breticus 09-21-2012 09:32 PM

Gonna be a big change!

Swapping my entire crap interior for a nice all black interior. If you're interested stay tuned! Hoping to have this done pretty soon! I've got pretty much everything except carpet.

lazoh 09-22-2012 12:25 AM

:useless:

Breticus 09-22-2012 12:52 AM

It will have pics! :D

teetime4one 09-22-2012 03:16 AM

It took me and another MHti member 7.5 hours to install a complete interior swap in Zippy. Look for it to take a bit of time if you're doing it by yourself.
That's just a heads up in case you have to drive on Monday and try to get it all done on Sunday.

Shellback 09-22-2012 04:21 AM

I can't imagine doing this job. I tore out a carpet out of a totaled e36 sedan and when it came time to get behind the dash, especially behind the heater/evap area, I was using scissors to cut the carpet out.

Breticus 09-22-2012 07:58 AM

Thanks for the input guys. :) ill be sure to make sure I have time!

Breticus 10-06-2012 01:29 AM

Update: So when this finally happens (HOPEFULLY SOON! :D) I am going to go ahead and upgrade the whole cars sound system. So what size speakers go where? It looks like the guy I bought it from already modded the rear speaker cover for the aftermarket speakers? I'll have to check my own, but aside from that one what sizes go where? Thank you! :D

jca 10-06-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breticus (Post 339349)
Update: So when this finally happens (HOPEFULLY SOON! :D) I am going to go ahead and upgrade the whole cars sound system. So what size speakers go where? It looks like the guy I bought it from already modded the rear speaker cover for the aftermarket speakers? I'll have to check my own, but aside from that one what sizes go where? Thank you! :D

You can fit six and a half inch coaxial speakers in the front kick panels if you want to. Just remove the old five a quarter oem speakers, then use a dremel to make several radial cuts out from the opening. Then us a rubber hammer to bend the metal in, enlarging the speaker opening. Larger speakers make a big difference in the sound. The speakers in the door can be replaced with larger ones, too, but that is a more complicated job. The speaker have to be mounted in an offset manner and the oem speaker covers have to be modified. Good luck. John

rich_thor 11-20-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jca (Post 339357)
You can fit six and a half inch coaxial speakers in the front kick panels if you want to. Just remove the old five a quarter oem speakers, then use a dremel to make several radial cuts out from the opening. Then us a rubber hammer to bend the metal in, enlarging the speaker opening. Larger speakers make a big difference in the sound. The speakers in the door can be replaced with larger ones, too, but that is a more complicated job. The speaker have to be mounted in an offset manner and the oem speaker covers have to be modified. Good luck. John

is there a tutorial on this to change the door speakers?