318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   PA FS: 1996 318ti, Montreal Blue with Cali package (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31156)

hawgwild1 07-23-2010 05:05 PM

FS: 1996 318ti, Montreal Blue with Cali package

okay people, i got this car 10 years ago for wife and she loves this damn thing, but it just turned 200,000 miles and it is time to let go as i bought her a ML500 so i can sleep when it snows and she is going to work @ 3AM. although with the set of blizzaks that go with she never got stuck even in the blizzard we had in march 2010. they are fantastic. i also have a spare Cali top that goes with that just needs a motor, cloth in great shape. car has worn not torn grey leather seats in a two tone gray interior, with ice cold air. the interior door panels(plastic) need repaired with jb weld for mounting studs, just haven't gotten to it, cd changer, REMUS exhaust, hi performance cat conv. BREMBO rotors and RIKEN (German) tires mounted in great condition. cold air intake, and any factory parts accumulated, like rotors, stock intake, et. all together i am seeking $4,400.00 am i crazy? it is registered and inspected and insured though i plan to take it off the road now as i dont need to drive it. also have a Jeep YJ to sell. tell me what you think i will post picks as soon as i figure out how, lol!

rcair3d 07-23-2010 10:23 PM

For the mileage and sound of condition the price seems a little steep. However I like to adopt the cliche quote "its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it" For vehicle sales set your start price a little high and allow offers.

As for adding images; When replying just scroll down to "Additional Options"
There is a bracket for "Attach Files". Click "Manage Attachments", and browse for your saved images.

hawgwild1 07-23-2010 10:48 PM

fresh lubro-moly service

that has to be worth a grand or two, lol. looking for camera, no rust, the cali top replacement costs over $2,000.00 and i got one of the last factory tops available so it is worth a couple of bucks. pics coming ! i guess u r right, $3500.00 will be fair start. i do want it all to go with the car, and since OBAMA put a 37 1/2 % tariff on imported tires in nov 09, we will all be paying more as domestic tires went up as soon as congress passed the tariff, we are just now beginning to feel it. so the blizzaks will cost you over $600.00 bucks now, we have a tire store in the family so i see what is happening. sure glad the union got a raise and voted for him, lol!!.

Inplansight 07-25-2010 02:39 AM

You have a PM

pnosker 07-25-2010 04:09 AM

Not sure if you got one of the last as they made Cali tops till 1999... I have a 1997

hawgwild1 07-25-2010 10:13 PM

i meant one of the last replacement ....

you may have a Cali package Ti but try to find a replacement top for it. that is what i meant not the car equipped with the Cali package, i know they made them after 96. call a dealer and ask for a replacement cassette for your car and you will see what i mean. i had bought a new cassette(complete top) from them and they had trouble finding one and told me i was lucky to get it. i did not mean one of the last production cars with Cali package as you took it. every Ti aficionado knows they were made until the end. this is not constructive, lol. pics coming

pnosker 07-25-2010 11:13 PM

Oh! I understand. If you're interested in selling separately, I may be interested.

synth808 07-26-2010 03:32 AM

can you email pics?

very interested...

hawgwild1 07-27-2010 12:24 AM

finally some pics 4 u

5 Attachment(s)
sorry it took so long but i dont get a cell signal at the house as i live in east jibip , lol. oh yeh, i forgot, it has a new radiator, rear speakers, recent battery i believe, 215/55/16 Riken Raptors on car and as i said a set of blizzaks and a spare top and all parts accumulated over the years, it has a factory stereo and cd changer. some of the switch surround trim pieces have cracked over the miles, not noticeable until u look, they used alot of crappy plastic in these as we all know.

hawgwild1 07-27-2010 12:33 AM

another pic

1 Attachment(s)
engine bay with 200,000 plus miles

rcair3d 07-27-2010 02:05 AM

Does it come with the plant? jk. I too am curious as to if you would want to part with the extra top?

Inplansight 07-27-2010 03:18 AM

Nice car but I will pass .

Paul B

Platanos 07-27-2010 03:32 AM

Woah, are you in Newmanstown?

hawgwild1 07-27-2010 04:03 AM

newmantown, PA baby!

yes i am, where do u live? do u have a Ti? what color, same as mine? i see a cali/montreal like ours running around here and a green one.

not a problem to sell top separately, BUT car buyer gets first shot at package deal.

Plant is Oregano, maybe i will through some in, MAYBE, lol. it does have tinted windows though!

zoner 07-27-2010 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawgwild1 (Post 276753)
i do want it all to go with the car, and since OBAMA put a 37 1/2 % tariff on imported tires in nov 09, we will all be paying more as domestic tires went up as soon as congress passed the tariff, we are just now beginning to feel it. so the blizzaks will cost you over $600.00 bucks now, we have a tire store in the family so i see what is happening. sure glad the union got a raise and voted for him, lol!!.

That tariff was only on CHINESE tires; Chinese tires are quite heavily subsidized, and China had been saturating the market with below-cost tires in an attempt to drive American tire companies out of business. Sure, the price went up some, but the price of MOST things would go up if Chinese industries weren't so heavily subsidized and their currency wasn't kept at artificial levels and other countries had to struggle to compete.

Anyway, GL on the sale! :)