318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Engine (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Midnight Tuning Solutions Site Supporter Discount (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35350)

Earl 02-20-2013 06:39 PM

Darn. I'll have to pull that bulb out of my cluster:) Thank you for the quick response.

bmwconnect 02-21-2013 04:44 PM

Im working on a solution to remove EWS in the M44 OBD2 platforms and I hope to have it ready by April 1

overrev 05-18-2013 08:52 AM

Very happy customer! Unbelievable improved throttle response, great aggressive smooth tune, mpg +/- 2-5%.

OBD1 Standard 91 Octane Performance Tune/Chip: 95 318ti

Thx Barrie!

Update: Passed CA Smog! Thumbs Up!!

bmwconnect 05-18-2013 02:37 PM

Thank you :)

Pinion 09-10-2013 11:14 PM

1.8 blues, looking to kick up what I have 95 obd1, help me please :biggrin:

bmwconnect 11-17-2013 09:21 AM

Midnight Tuning Solutions Pre Christmas Tune Sale

Midnight Tuning Solutions Pre Christmas Tune Sale : Starting November 18th to December 10th I will be offering 20% off all tunes. Any member here who is a supporting member can add a additional 10% off to Treat yourself to some extra horse power this Christmas because everyone loves the gift that keep's on giving

jca 11-26-2013 06:17 AM

This may be a dumb question, but does your tune put any additional stress on the motor? I like the idea of more horse power and torque, but not at the expense of reliability. Thanks, John

Hakentt-MS41.1 11-26-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jca (Post 356918)
This may be a dumb question, but does your tune put any additional stress on the motor? I like the idea of more horse power and torque, but not at the expense of reliability. Thanks, John

yes it advances the timing, this puts the engine in the risk of detonation, that causes the piston to melt. Midnight tuning is one guy working out of his basement, look up his facebook page, he is sitting in the chair and just doing guess work tuning on his laptop. What a joke

xxxJohnBoyxxx 11-26-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakentt-MS41.1 (Post 356920)
yes it advances the timing, this puts the engine in the risk of detonation, that causes the piston to melt. Midnight tuning is one guy working out of his basement, look up his facebook page, he is sitting in the chair and just doing guess work tuning on his laptop. What a joke

Total bull$hit. Barrie was the only tuner out there that took the time to make a perfect tune for my Metric Stroker turbo motor. I worked with Nick G and Mark D before Barrie at Midnight. I have a very well tuned motor running the M5.2 DME. I run 60# injectors, M3 MAF and can scramble boost settings in the middle of a run if I want more power. I am very happy with my tune and many of the tunes I have flashed for Barrie have showed good improvement with happy customers.

Get a life your comment about advancing the timing and causing the engine to detonate is uncalled for and shows you are a true "Douche Bag". Tunes are not only advanced timing sir there are a lot of things that get changed to help bring out the power lost by the standard BMW tune.

Did you know Barrie's tunes are better then Dinan with no reported engine issues, just reports of good results.

So with that said please go put your face in the wall for 6 minutes timeout and in the future play nice with members that have proved themselves to be a asset to the board.

Yea I know you got a bug up your butt about Midnight so keep it in the PM's if you must throw around bashing that is false.

John Smith

bmwconnect 11-26-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakentt-MS41.1 (Post 356920)

It amazes me that you haven't been banned from this forum yet for your stupid remarks that hold no water. In fact one of the race cars I tuned this year on the DYNO won a overall championship this year which was a huge victory for me and his team.

bmwconnect 11-26-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jca (Post 356918)

To answer your question correctly: Yes more HP puts more stress on the motor. When tuned correctly the motor is just as reliable as when it left the factory floor. Also if you run the designated octane per the tune requirements you won't have any issues. The M42/M44 engines are bullet proof and unless your not keeping up with regular maintenance the rest of the car will fall apart before that engine does. All the best JCA

Earl 11-26-2013 01:39 PM

Barries 93 Octane tune made a huge difference with my m42. A tune is one of the only ways to get power out of an m42 without going forced induction or trying to retrofit ITB's. Barries would be the only one I would recommend=)

jca 11-27-2013 12:12 AM

Does your M44 tune up create a rougher idle? Thanks, John

teetime4one 11-27-2013 12:19 AM

I've run my M42 on a Midnight Tuning Solutions 91 octane chip for 12 months without one single problem. The car runs awesome! Love it.
P.S. Basements Rule!!!

jca 11-27-2013 01:34 AM

Does your M44 tune result in a rough idle. Thanks...John