318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Interior and ICE (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Official SRS problem thread (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8698)

DustenT 01-28-2006 08:32 PM

Official SRS problem thread

Post your SRS codes and what you did to resolve the problem. Please only post if you have had an SRS problem and resolved it. Use PMs for off-topic and questions.

I received the 318ti.org SRS tool today. My SRS light has been on for about 1 year, it came on when I had 4 passengers in my car, so I don't really know what caused it to come on in the first place. I also removed my passenger seat when I did my transmission swap, I don't remember if I turned the key on with the seat unhooked, but it's very possible.

This what the SRS tool read:
02 - This means to use table 2 in the manual
19 - Seat occupancy detector, passenger
10 - Seat belt buckle switch, driver
11 - Seat belt buckle switch, passenger

I was concerned about code 19, I think that is a seat mat fault and it's a bear to fix.

I reset the codes and started the car, the light stayed off! I took it for a 30 minute "test run" and the light stayed off. I'm going to assume if was an intermitent problem and wait for the light to come on again before replacing any sensors or parts.

Blackie 02-07-2006 04:56 AM

DustenT,

Got the SRS tool. What I got was error codes 02 & 19. Tried to reset but it did not work the first time, the light was still on. Tried it the second time and it disappeared! Let see if it holds up long term.

By the way, I didnt see any manual in the box. Was there supposed to be one? Whoever need this tool next, please PM Steven.

Thanks!

Coop540iT 06-09-2009 03:46 PM

SRS Code Listing

1 Attachment(s)
I see this is an old thread, but it seems the right place for this post. My SRS light came on recently. A colleauge at work had a BAV Auto SRS scan tool and brough it in for me, but for got the code listing. I was able to locate several code listing and though it may prove helpful :smile:

As for my issue (codes 3/18), the scan showed the system was working properly so we reset it, drove, and rescanned successfuly (no codes).... so far.

Xenocide 06-09-2009 04:03 PM

I have an error in the SRS unit itself, tried to reset it with carsoft tool, but did not seem to go through.

Coop540iT 06-09-2009 04:14 PM

Hmmm... I'm not familar with the carsoft tool. I just did a quick Google search and from frist glance it seems more like an ODB code reader/reset tool and not an SRS tool such as the Peake or BavAuto unit. If that is the case you won't be able to reset the SRS code with that tool.

Xenocide 06-09-2009 05:03 PM

it does reset srs, just doesn't seem to be working.

Coop540iT 06-09-2009 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenocide (Post 232302)
it does reset srs, just doesn't seem to be working.

Bummer :frown: The only other think I can think of is if you know someone who has a different brand SRS scan/reset tool, you could try that and see if it works. Otherwise you'll have to take it to the dealer $$$ :mad: