318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Cars for Sale (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   WA 1996 red sunroof 5-speed w/ 77k orig miles (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39679)

red96ti 12-30-2013 07:19 AM

1996 red sunroof 5-speed w/ 77k orig miles

5 Attachment(s)
Family grew & 2-door no longer cutting it. Bought a wagon...

Low miles for year and great condition for year. No modifications, adult-owned, no smoker. Clean title and no wrecks.

Equipped with 5-speed stick, factory metal sunroof, cloth seats, added a Blaupunkt AM/FM/CD with an iPod adapter. Factory alloys. Hellerot color paint.

Exterior and interior have probably similar issues you'd see in any car for its age: some door dings and rock chips, floormats are not showroom fresh and fluffy (but not cruddy either), and the OEM vinyl shifter boot has a few small tears, and it could use a good clay bar detail.

The three main issues which appear to be common with this model (or E36 in general) are: airbag light just came on (seatbelt harness?), check engine light occasionally comes on (especially with this "winter gas" we have in WA State in winter months), and the driver's side window plastic regulator clips are failing and need replacement. All of these repairs appear to be not too expensive or time consuming. I'm discounting what I am asking for the car to reflect these needs. Also, I anticipate it will be due for routine maintenance soon, and I've also taken this into account in my pricing.

Things I had done maintenance-wise in last few years included tires and brakes.

This is a hard-to-find car in this condition. Thus, it is hard to price as well. I am aware KBB would price this car at about $2k. I am not selling for KBB price. Dealer offered me that.

My preference is to sell to a WA State BMW fanatic. Sorry - time is of the essence and I need to get this off my insurance ASAP. I can't hold it or ship it. Cash in-hand only. No trades.

Asking $4500USD.

jca 12-30-2013 06:58 PM

Cruise control?

red96ti 12-30-2013 07:19 PM

No cruise or sport pkg.

1stbmw318ti 01-05-2014 05:17 PM

great looking car GLWTS

Elderik 01-13-2014 08:14 AM

Hey there Red96ti - I'm new to the forum as I'm shopping for a ti - Is yours still available? I can't seem to PM you, but I'm in Vancouver WA and looking to get started on my dream car. Hope to hear your reply soon
Thanks,
EME

spychic 02-02-2014 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elderik (Post 358624)
Hey there Red96ti - I'm new to the forum as I'm shopping for a ti - Is yours still available? I can't seem to PM you, but I'm in Vancouver WA and looking to get started on my dream car. Hope to hear your reply soon
Thanks,
EME

Did you ever hear back? Are you the new owner of the sweet Helrot red bimmer? Is it as clean in person?

Elderik 02-03-2014 06:09 AM

I bought the red Club Sport from Jason in Vancouver. Took a bus up there, spent the weekend with my sister, and drove it back to Portland the next day. Success! I will introduce myself and the 318 to the group here in more detail soon. Excited to join the family ��

spychic 02-03-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elderik (Post 359479)
I bought the red Club Sport from Jason in Vancouver. Took a bus up there, spent the weekend with my sister, and drove it back to Portland the next day. Success! I will introduce myself and the 318 to the group here in more detail soon. Excited to join the family ��

Good for you! Congrats on taking ownership of what for me was my favorite car of all time. Look forward to seeing her in her new home.