318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Personal bios and Introductions (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PROUD new forum member -Martin (NJ) (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32535)

BeansNJ 01-13-2011 06:58 PM

PROUD new forum member -Martin (NJ)

hey everybody, my name's Martin. I'm 19, from Central NJ (Linden)

I'd like to let everybody know that I don't have a 318ti just yet so I'm probably not going to be posted (a lot) but I WILL be reading up a lot about this car.

I really like this forum and I've been interested in the 318ti for about 2 years now.

my last car was a Mazda MX-3 GS, it was my first, my love.. but she got towed (won't go into much detail)

I'll be using the search button AFTER this post, but I'm the kind of guy who's into engine swaps, and pretty light car's (under 4,000).

I saw a YouTube vid of
a guy who had an M3 engine in a 318, is that common and what's the most you can get your engine to handle before you have to change out a lot of money worth of internals?

I love boosted car's! anybody else in the NJ area? talk to me!

cooljess76 01-13-2011 10:52 PM

Hey there Martin, welcome to the forum. Yeah swaps are becoming more and more popular since forced induction setups for the 4cyl are ridiculously overpriced and not nearly as reliable as a 6cyl swap. There's tons of 6cyl engines floating around with all of the totaled M3's and other 6cyl model e36's. That being said, if you have money to burn, you can boost a 4cyl to make more hp than a NA 6cyl, but be prepared to shell out the dough and become handy with a wrench. There's actually a pretty decent sized group of active members from NJ on the forum. I'm sure they can help you find a nice ti and guide you in the right direction. Again, welcome to the forum and best of luck getting into a ti.

Ji Money 01-14-2011 12:28 AM

What's up dude. I used to live in Jersey but now I'm in upstate NY, but right by the border of northern NJ.

If you plan to boost I suggest getting a 95 for the M42 motor. 96 and up has the M44 motor. The M42 has a forged crank and has better higher RPM performance. 97 and up has traction control standard and it is very very good in the snow from my personal experience. When the snow gets really deep then traction control is useless though.

318_mzk2 01-14-2011 12:47 AM

Welcome to the site neighbor .. I live in linden also by jersey lanes..

lazoh 01-14-2011 02:35 AM

Welcome and hope that you find your ti very soon!!

BeansNJ 01-14-2011 03:50 AM

THANKS EVERYBODY for the warm welcome! I honestly really appreciate it!!

@318_mzk2, hey man, Linden eh? I HAVE seen a silver 318ti that's always parked by the HS here, it was actually IN the parking lot today or yesterday, I'm figuring it's not yours since your is Black? haha I'm def going to PM you and we'll go from there!!

@Ji Money, really? hmm pretty good info man, I appreciate that from you! I'll chat it up with the guy who's in my area about all that and hopefully choose what'll be a good setup for all that! thanks! I'll also PM you and get your info.

@cooljess76, alrighty, I'll keep that in mind! I'm incredibly interested in making it a daily driver AND make a lot of hp at the same time!!:dribble:

@Lazoh, thanks man! hopefully by the spring I'll get 1! I'm in a rush, but then again, I'm a sponge right now man, I just wanna soak up these cars you guys have and know a bunch before I get my own!!

best intro to any Forum I've been on, hands down.

ALSO, I may be donating sometime soon:cool:

318_mzk2 01-14-2011 04:47 PM

Pm me w any?? You have bro.. Also azevedos in st georges ave is selling a black one for 3k.. Mayb knock it down to 2.5

BeansNJ 01-14-2011 05:10 PM

yeah? I'll go check there to at least mess around.

my buddy Mikey Moses works there, you probably know him.

yup, I was gonna PM you yesterday but it said I need 5 posts haha so let me do 1 more post then I'll get your Facebook and all that man.

picabu 01-22-2011 05:34 PM

Hi Martin,

North jersey here....Denville to be exact.

bmwconnect 01-22-2011 06:12 PM

welcome!