318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Air Filters/Intakes (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   PO111 Intake Air Temp Sensor (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31882)

kdegeorge88 10-18-2010 03:58 PM

PO111 Intake Air Temp Sensor

This is the code that came up. Intake Air Temp Sensor 1 circut range performance. Can someone please let me know how i can get this fixed. is it just one sensor? I found an air sensor on partsgeek for like 25 bucks. but i want to make sure its right before i go and buy it.

What are the side effects from having this problem? I am having other issues with the car such as reving itself, not wanting to start sometimes, when you start up the car in the morning its weezes really loud (was told it was just the air intake) I just want to know if those problems are from the sensor, or maybe from something else.

This was the only code on the car.

Thanks guys.
Kay

xxxJohnBoyxxx 10-18-2010 06:37 PM

When this sensor goes bad it tells the car the outside air temp is too hot or too cold for the actual air temp and then the DME mixes the wrong AFR and causes starting issues and runing issues. I would replace it and it will most likely solve all your issues. It is normally located in the air filter box.

***Edit*** What car are we working with? Year and Model. Thanks...I will look for a better sensor....

Best John Smith
Quote:

Originally Posted by kdegeorge88 (Post 283292)
This is the code that came up. Intake Air Temp Sensor 1 circut range performance. Can someone please let me know how i can get this fixed. is it just one sensor? I found an air sensor on partsgeek for like 25 bucks. but i want to make sure its right before i go and buy it.

What are the side effects from having this problem? I am having other issues with the car such as reving itself, not wanting to start sometimes, when you start up the car in the morning its weezes really loud (was told it was just the air intake) I just want to know if those problems are from the sensor, or maybe from something else.

This was the only code on the car.

Thanks guys.
Kay

kdegeorge88 10-19-2010 01:41 PM

Thank you for the help. It is a 98 318ti.

pdxmotorhead 10-19-2010 04:07 PM

Also,,,
Check all the rubber hoses under the hood, the main air tube between the air meter and the throttle body can get cracks in it and the car turns psycho until its fixed (hose is < 30 bucks from the dealer.,,)

Dave

kdegeorge88 10-20-2010 01:46 PM

ok. great thank you so much. I think there may be a crack in a hose somewhere aswell. i can hear wistling coming from the intake. the part comes in today, so I will do my best to fix it. any advice or do you know where i can find directions so i know i DONT do it wrong. haha I am also going to try and change the air fliter to see if that helps too.

Thank you so much,
Kay

Uptowngurl 11-22-2010 03:55 AM

if you want to change the filter. have it check first before you do it for your self. just want to be sure what your doing is right.

gene275 12-26-2010 02:38 PM

i had a similar noise , it was my vent valve (hose going from valve cover to vent valve ) it also causes starting problems when the valve is broken internaly. i changed and car runs great but that was a couple years ago-now i have a no start in cold weather problem -it never ends