318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Induction (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Anyone have DASC install instructions for an M42? (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31618)

onewhippedpuppy 09-15-2010 02:32 AM

Anyone have DASC install instructions for an M42?

I'm giving my new to me '95 DASC Ti a good once over while its dead in the garage waiting on a new fuel pump. I've found the bypass valve vacuum hose disconnected, which is making me want to give the entire install a good once over. Anyone have an instruction manual so I know how it SHOULD be installed? All of the manuals I found via search had dead links.

Mr. Crow 09-15-2010 08:48 AM

Whipped Pupp,

Call Jim Goodrowe @ Downning Atlanta. He is the man, and he is very helpfull and may even fax or email you a PDF of the install manual.

I was recently in your shoes after I just bought my 95' DASC a while ago. Had some vaccum issues. I replaced every single hose that breaths. Put a new gasket on the blower and ever since runs strong!

You may want to clean your ICV and CCV valves to ensure proper airflow as well.

Good Luck man. Oh BTW just replaced my fuel pump as well. Its such a simple task it will be a breeze.

onewhippedpuppy 09-15-2010 11:35 AM

Thanks for the reply, I'll try Downing. After further searching I plan on connecting the bypass valve to one of the ports on the supercharger intake, there's no open ports anywhere so I suspect it was intentionally disconnected. That has led me to wonder what else has been "modified" on the install, hence my need for a manual.

I've already cleaned the ICV, but I wasn't aware that the CCV could be cleaned so I'll give that a shot. I plan to replace every rubber vacuum hose on this car in the near future, hopefully with black silicone so I won't have to worry about further rot. I already have the intake elbow on order.

Fuel pump is easy......except when it dies on your way home from buying the car, almost 6 hours from home. Sunday was a fun day, thank God for U-Haul trailers.

onewhippedpuppy 09-17-2010 12:45 PM

I got one via email, thanks!

Mr. Crow 09-17-2010 04:49 PM

Nice!

saraphee 11-17-2010 01:40 AM

I'd really like to get hold of these instructions - any chance you could email a copy to me please?

onewhippedpuppy 11-17-2010 02:20 AM

PM me your email address and it's no problem.

roadrash 11-17-2010 03:13 AM

There are a couple of DASC manuals in the Installation Files sub-forum. Check to see if one of those is helpful.

Also, onewhippedpuppy, if you have a different PDF file, check with Downing Atlanta and see if they'd mind if you posted it here. It might save them the hassle of sending it out to a few folks. :-D

saraphee 11-17-2010 04:51 AM

Guys,
This is frustrating - when i try to do a pm to onewhippedpuppy or click on a file posted by roadrash I keep getting messages saying I don't have enough priviledges to access that info.
What is going on here - am I missing something?

RAiMA 11-17-2010 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saraphee (Post 285875)
Guys,
This is frustrating - when i try to do a pm to onewhippedpuppy or click on a file posted by roadrash I keep getting messages saying I don't have enough priviledges to access that info.
What is going on here - am I missing something?

Works for me. Maybe cause it's you're new and you're a junior member.

jcbzr 10-14-2022 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrash (Post 285858)
There are a couple of DASC manuals in the Installation Files sub-forum. Check to see if one of those is helpful.

Also, onewhippedpuppy, if you have a different PDF file, check with Downing Atlanta and see if they'd mind if you posted it here. It might save them the hassle of sending it out to a few folks. :-D

I'm trying to download the manual but I don't seem to have enough permissions to download it?

toc 08-25-2023 10:17 PM

I'm new and also have privileging issues