318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Exterior (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Daily Base -> Daily wannabe Sport (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21246)

clex2 04-29-2008 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teetime4one (Post 169204)
right on!
you've been an inspiration to both me and my car.
thanks again

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolferj (Post 169209)
both your cars look so sweet... really nice.

ot, did you figure out the electrical drain?

Guys, thanks for the kind words. As far as the electric drain and erratic idle, I have a new ICV, intake /throttle body gaskets, and associated rubber hoses ordered. My guess, and it's only a guess, is that the ICV is not performing as it should or I have a vacuum leak in the intake. I'll report back once the new parts are in.

clex2 07-09-2008 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolferj (Post 169209)
both your cars look so sweet... really nice. ot, did you figure out the electrical drain?

James, turns out the culprit was a bad ICV. I tried my best to clean the ICV per various threads. I thought I did a thorough job, but I think there still are electrical bits to the ICV that can't be cleaned. After the new ICV went in, the idle problem is gone. Recently it's been >100 degress and I know the radiator fan is kicking in while the AC is on full blast and you can sense a slight drop in the idle when all the ancillaries are on, but the tach needle is rock steady. If the rpm does drop, it's not more than 50 rpm. However, the "idle hunt" that happens when coming off the throttle w/ AC on is still there. It only happens when going a certain speed and the rpm drop hits 1500 right after coming off the gas (this is a slushbox so I doubt this will occur in a manual car). If I'm going faster or slower to where the rpm drop off throttle is not near 1500, the idle hunting does not occur. Very weird.

indiejack 08-09-2012 06:24 PM

Look at this guy resurrecting an ooooooooold thread, lol. Did you find the rear bumper on ddmtuning as well? That's the only part I cannot seem to source for my Ti for a reasonable price.

I looked on their site but couldn't find it

clex2 08-09-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indiejack (Post 336251)
Look at this guy resurrecting an ooooooooold thread, lol. Did you find the rear bumper on ddmtuning as well? That's the only part I cannot seem to source for my Ti for a reasonable price.

I looked on their site but couldn't find it

Indiejack,

You're out of luck with the rear sport bumper. There has never been a reproduction rear ti sport bumper. You will have to find one used, if you are lucky, or ante up and buy it new. Even used, they can be pricey. However, for the ti, it is a very worthwhile addition as it really transforms the look of the rear end.

OT, I just did a KBB search of the ti and was shocked to find the current value of my ti to be $2270. Just a fews years ago it was about $4K. Don't know if there is a cheaper, more fun, more reliable, or more unique form of daily transportation. I positive that any average joe on the street could net see the ti as a $2000 car. I'll keep driving mine as long as I can.

Crashaddict 08-12-2012 08:32 PM

indiejack try ebay.co.uk and PM the seller for shipping quote, thts what i did