318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Great Plains & Rocky Mountains - US (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Colorado and/or Rocky Mountain Contacts (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21000)

mfixit 02-28-2008 03:30 PM

Colorado and/or Rocky Mountain Contacts

Sorry if this is a dumb question---I'm new.

Are there any meetings for Colorado coming up?

I badly need some maintenance done and I want to network for mechanic contacts.

teetime4one 02-28-2008 03:37 PM

i am in Denver...
PM me with your concerns.
i also work at a dealership with plenty of contacts for both parts and labor.
let me know...
and welcome to the forum!

Sean

tiFreak 02-28-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfixit (Post 157734)
Are there any meetings for Colorado coming up?

there is this one

PettitWC 02-28-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiFreak (Post 157737)
there is this one

took the words right out of my mouth

elchicano 02-28-2008 04:00 PM

Hello there, is there a goup in Colorado hmmm let me think. Yea its MHTi or Mile High Tis. We do meets about every month. What are you having issues with? Oh and welcome to the site let us know if we can help in any way.

mfixit 02-28-2008 08:19 PM

Wow, you guys/gals are great! I'm just looking for pretty easy stuff to be done (i.e., new shocks, new fog lamps, new hydraulic arms for hatchback, etc.). I've been neglecting my baby while I was out of work and it just needs some attention.

Our go-to mechanic retired and I need someone to trust. Plus, the dealers treat 318ti's like the wanna' be beemer---don't get me started!

:

thesk8nmidget 02-28-2008 08:22 PM

well those all seem pretty simple and i think i can speak for the mhti group when i say they will gladly help. they do tech meets every so often and they would love for all people to join in and help out and they will of course help out in return!

PettitWC 02-28-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfixit (Post 157831)
Wow, you guys/gals are great! I'm just looking for pretty easy stuff to be done (i.e., new shocks, new fog lamps, new hydraulic arms for hatchback, etc.). I've been neglecting my baby while I was out of work and it just needs some attention.

Our go-to mechanic retired and I need someone to trust. Plus, the dealers treat 318ti's like the wanna' be beemer---don't get me started!

:

the only issue would be a spring compressor for the front shocks and if we can use one somewhere it won't be too hard at all. i'd recommend throwing in some bilstein sports and lowering springs at the same time while you're there anyways...if your so inclined

elchicano 02-29-2008 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfixit (Post 157831)

:

i know exactly how you feel about the dealership, i try not to go there unless i have too:biggrin: But fogs aren't hard to do. Like chris said the only problem may be the front springs. Seans gotta do his so ww do yours at the same time i think. Well we have a meet coming up so you should show up so we can meet you and help you out.

teetime4one 02-29-2008 01:46 AM

i'm having a money talk with the wife right now....springs are on hold for a few weeks...
grrrrrr. lol
i'm working it though...watch me now! (steve martin)

PettitWC 02-29-2008 02:03 AM

weak sean, weak

teetime4one 02-29-2008 02:08 AM

naw, you know what i'll do...put Peter on strike...she hates that! lol

PettitWC 02-29-2008 03:32 AM

hahaha, nice

cali-ti 03-05-2008 06:26 AM

most of what you listed would be very easy to do. the hatch struts literally take 5 mins to do.

EDIT: if you need parts from a dealer, Co BMW in loveland gives 15% bmwcca discount. it's like 15 mins north of me and happens to be across the street from Hooters so we could likely work something out there ;)

PettitWC 03-05-2008 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cali-ti (Post 158766)
most of what you listed would be very easy to do. the hatch struts literally take 5 mins to do.

EDIT: if you need parts from a dealer, Co BMW in loveland gives 15% bmwcca discount. it's like 15 mins north of me and happens to be across the street from Hooters so we could likely work something out there ;)

right on...and if you sneak into the service area you can see my shell of a ti...