318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Clever Proposal Ideas (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32514)

BMW_Hatchback 01-11-2011 09:19 AM

Clever Proposal Ideas

tried this on bf.c and of course that was a fail.

Anyone have any cool clever proposal stories, or cool ideas of their own?

here are some from eHow.com

Review your mental home movie for information that would help set the tone. The location where you met or where you went on your first date, special music, any inside jokes you can play off of, etc. We're looking for something that is just between the two of you, something intimate and personal.

If you can sneak out of town, place an ad in the local newspaper, order breakfast up to the room, and read the paper together, when she finds it (or when you help her find it) pull out the ring and do the asking. Keep the newspaper and mementos from the hotel as part of you wedding heirlooms.

Cook a romantic dinner at home and plan some slow dancing after dessert. For late night entertainment, screen a slide show you've put together that includes favorite photos of the two of you. The last few are of you holding up a series of signs that tell her how crazy you are about her, the last one has the proposal written on it. Keep the slide show and screen it again at the engagement party.

Does she wear anything of yours? Such as a sweatshirt, boxers, t-shirt, etc.? If so have it embroidered with her name and the proposal. Wait for her to discover it, and it will be a surprise for both of you!

Wrap up a box of travel brochures and posters. Put a card inside the box amongst all the travel swag that reads "Where would you like to go on our honeymoon?" Then ask her on a fun date: miniature golf, a movie and arcade games, bowling, a beach walk and clam bake dinner, a drive with a picnic, concert, and so on. At the end of the evening give her the gift!

Make it sweet. Ask her out for dessert and find a place that makes a killer sundae. Enlist the help of the management and place a ruby engagement ring on top of the sundae (the cherry on top). When it's placed in front of her and she notices the ruby, it's time to pop the question! If you are nervous about the ring being out of your sight then make the sundaes at your place.

Log on to Shutterfly (see below) and make a photo book. Tell the story of you and your sweetie with photos and text. The last photo should be of you, the caption is the proposal.

Draw her a luxurious bath complete with bubbles, oil, scented candles...the works. Float a message in a bottle with the proposal on it.

Read more: How to Make a Clever Marriage Proposal | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_1000371_clev...#ixzz1AiG59vJy

cooljess76 01-11-2011 09:58 AM

The coolest one was my buddy Mike. Took his gf sky diving and had a huge sign layed out drop zone "Marry Me"

My other buddy Mike took his gf hiking in the snow, tucked the ring between his fingers so only the diamond was showing in his palm. Then he reached down and picked up some snow and told her to check out the awesome snowflake he found. Pretty cheesy but I guess it was alright.

roadrash 01-11-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 289603)
The coolest one was my buddy Mike. Took his gf sky diving and had a huge sign layed out drop zone "Marry Me"

My other buddy Mike took his gf hiking in the snow,

"Hi, I'm Jess. This is my buddy, Mike, and this is my other buddy, Mike."

Yeah... vague reference, but someone had to do it. LOL

tiFreak 01-12-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrash (Post 289627)
"Hi, I'm Jess. This is my buddy, Mike, and this is my other buddy, Mike."

Yeah... vague reference, but someone had to do it. LOL

sounds vaguely familiar, tell me what it's from so I don't drive myself nuts trying to remember :lol:

wolferj-RIP 01-12-2011 04:13 AM

Newhart show, "this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl..."

Sorry for dragging this off topic, Ced...

I wish I had a really creative suggestion for a proposal, but none of my friends can get married, so I have a lack of "My buddy Mike" stories to pull from...

BMW_Hatchback 01-12-2011 04:57 AM

haha thanks guy. Feel free to just be creative even if its just an idea, didn't really have to happen

cooljess76 01-12-2011 08:10 AM

Ok this is a little weird, my OTHER buddy Mike proposed to his wife in an isle at Wallmart. He walked over to the jewelry department while she was shopping and bought a cheap ring. Then he walked up to her in the middle of the store and got down on a knee. And if that isn't redneck enough for you, my buddy Grady propsed to his wife in a Waffle House, lol.

I guess it all depends on your gf's personality. Do you think she'd want it to be romantic, funny or shocking? I mean sky's the limit dude. You can take her out and make a quick stop at the bank to get some cash. Then while she's waiting in the car, you can run out wearing a ski mask carring a pillowcase stuffed with socks and an engagement ring. I'd make arrangements with the bank before hand and don't even think about using anything that even resembles a weapon. Or you can make a youtube video of you doing something with your car that cuts into a scene with you proposing.

James, I'm so sorry man. I voted yes and encouraged all of my friends and family to do so as well. That was a bittersweet day, I remember being happy and sad at the same time. Hopefully pretty soon you'll have a "My buddy Cedric" story:wink:

Ced, whatever you do, just don't send a proposal via text or email:tongue: Although posting on her facebook wall might be a little funny.

BMW_Hatchback 01-12-2011 08:16 AM

LOL Jess those are pretty funny. I'm not so much looking to borrow anyone's idea for my relationship, but moreso just seeing how creative you guys can be given a situation common to a lot of us dudes here.

cooljess76 01-12-2011 09:32 AM

oh... Well in that case, it's simple. DON'T FREAKIN DO IT!

I was just thinking, sky diving Mike and snow flake Mike both married Sarahs. Weird. Anyway, I've been a best man 3 times and I've always gotten drunk and screwed up the speech. And I'm not just talking about stumbling on a word or two, I mean I've literally uttered out stuff that even I couldn't understand when I watched the videos after the wedding. It just seems appropriate for the best man to make a complete ass of himself and I have a reputation of keeping up the tradition.

So at sky diving Mike's wedding reception, in my drunken and completely unprepared state of being, the only thing I could muster up at the moment that wouldn't get Mike in trouble with his new wife and extended family was a memory of our conversation when he first told me he was getting married. My exact words were "Dude, I know everyone is giving you a hard time and trying to talk you out of getting married. Well you don't have to worry about that with me. If you want to throw your life away, go right ahead, it's none of my business."

I incorporated that little story into my speech and then turned towards Sarah and said the same thing that I said to Mike. "Sarah, I know everyone is giving you a hard time and trying to talk you out of getting married...":drunk::eek:Didn't go over very well:redface:

BMW_Hatchback 01-12-2011 09:36 AM

:hahahahaha Jess you're killing me

cooljess76 01-12-2011 09:52 AM

True love is hard to find. Sometimes you think you have true love and then you catch the early flight home from San Diego and a couple of nude people jump out of your bathroom blindfolded like a goddam magic show ready to double team your girlfriend...

BMW_Hatchback 01-12-2011 09:54 AM

I don't have to worry about that, thankfully.

cooljess76 01-12-2011 09:54 AM

BMW_Hatchback 01-12-2011 10:02 AM

this one is pretty brutal

roadrash 01-12-2011 10:19 PM

OK, so what did she actually say to the guy when she was rejecting him?

I vote for...
"I love you, but... I'm going to Thailand next week for a sex change operation. To become a woman."