318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Parting out & Parts (US) (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   WARNING!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM AGENTCHANGE (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28429)

dave45056 10-24-2009 04:44 PM

WARNING!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM AGENTCHANGE

WARNING!!!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!!! AGENTCHANGE IS UNRELIABLE!!!!!

I bought parts from this seller on Oct 7. He communicated with me fine before the sale, but after I sent money he would not return e-mails or calls. I found out last night that he never shipped my parts even though he told me he did. He is a liar and does not communicate after the sale.

When I paid for the part he was selling I sent him an e-mail stating I paid, and gave him the paypal transaction number. I asked if he could ship it that day or the next. After hearing nothing from him for 3 days I sent him an e-mail. He now says that my e-mail was crappy and distateful. And he decided then (2 weeks ago) that he would not ship my part. Did he tell me that? No! Instead a week later he told me he shipped my part. After a few more days when my part didn't arrive he said he will have to check to see what happened, because he shipped it.

This guy is a liar, and so far he is a theif. He is known on other forums as illfoxone and on myspace as youthief (fitting, huh?) He will make up stuff to justify his inaction and poor communication. Don't buy from this guy. He does not know the definition of a deal.

Here is the e-mail he found offensive:

I am getting worried about the parts I have ordered.
When I made my payment on 10/7, I simply asked that you let me know when the parts would ship.
But since getting my money you have not responded to me, even though I have e-mailed and sent a PM thru 318ti.org
It appears that others have also had problems with you shipping parts, based on the posts on your thread.
I am giving you this opportunity to communicate with me about this matter before I make a post on your thread.
Can you please let me know when you shipped or will ship my part?
If you have already shipped it, thanks.
Just a word of advice. Communication is the key to keeping buyers of your parts happy.

Regards,
-Dave

bmvw 10-24-2009 05:15 PM

Paypal can do a chargeback, do it

dave45056 10-24-2009 06:49 PM

I have disputed the transaction with paypal. Hopefully I will get my money back.

bmvw 10-24-2009 06:52 PM

The seller will be asked to provide proof of shipment, as in a tracking number. If he cannot, you'll get your money back. It'll take at least a week though.

cracker red 10-24-2009 06:55 PM

As long as there are funds in his account, paypal can do that. If he's taken the funds out (he has), generally speaking there isn't anything they will do.

He's negative on his balance already, as someone else on another forum has filed a chargeback as well.

<address deleted>

Phone number disconnected.

Any and all information known about this guy will be helpful. I've filed both local PD reports, contacted the OH state attorney, and contact/filed a report with the FBI online fraud division.

Mail fraud is a felony. Having a judgment on your credit report doesn't go away, and getting a loan for much of anything is a bitch with one stuck on you. Not to mention credit cards re-adjusting limits, etc.

It would be well worth Keive's time to simply pay back what he owes, and try and learn a lesson from all this. Communication is key in life.

bmvw 10-24-2009 07:34 PM

Yeah I just assumed it was because the seller was being an ass due to some sort of personality conflict with you. If he's gone fugitive, it's going to be a toughie getting your cash back.

b.u.ti-ful 10-24-2009 07:55 PM

How much money are we talking about?

dave45056 10-24-2009 08:56 PM

I am out 35 bucks. Won't break the bank, but I want it back based on principle.

cracker red 10-24-2009 09:56 PM

I'm out $100. No breaking of the bank here, it's ALL on principle. Just happens that I've been burned before a few times, and I'm done with just "letting it go".

Kieve may or may not learn a lesson, but I'll pursue it until it gets resolved.

b.u.ti-ful 10-24-2009 10:18 PM

I totally understand the principle part, I was just wondering how much $ a person is willing to risk their online sales rep for.

Just about any amount I guess.

gcims 10-25-2009 02:59 PM

my dealing w/ him was similar this summer. He agreed to $20, which I sent via PayPal, for tools he never shipped. When they didn't arrive, communication was poor and he changed his story. I was able to recover my money via PayPal but he never shipped the parts then turned around and posted them as available for sale the same day. I PM'd him that if the tools are still available, I would honor the original deal, just ship them. Never heard a response. It does not make sense to agree to deals, have the items available but not follow thru after getting his money. I have not seen him keep someones money, just borrow it for a week or two. Very odd. It was just a few tools from a ti tool kit.

BMW_Hatchback 10-25-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cracker red (Post 248763)
As long as there are funds in his account, paypal can do that. If he's taken the funds out (he has), generally speaking there isn't anything they will do.

He's negative on his balance already, as someone else on another forum has filed a chargeback as well.

Not true at all, Paypal will refund the buyer no matter if the seller is in the red or not. The seller will then owe paypal, the refund will be added to the negative balance of the seller, and his account will be restricted until its redeemed.

cracker red 10-25-2009 05:05 PM

Not in my experiance, with this guy.

BMW_Hatchback 10-25-2009 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cracker red (Post 248916)
Not in my experiance, with this guy.

that should never happen, at least from now on, because then everyone would do that (rip off someone then transfer funds and then close account :rolleyes:)

cracker red 10-25-2009 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Hatchback (Post 248924)
that should never happen, at least from now on, because then everyone would do that (rip off someone then transfer funds and then close account :rolleyes:)

That IS exactly how people scam other people using paypal. Paypal won't do a damn thing about it, their TOS don't matter, there is no protection using it. I've shipped items to people, had a tracking number and a delivery confirmation, and still got screwed over on a chargeback...all while the buyer text'd me telling me he was screwing me over.

Use a credit card when buying something with paypal, that way YOU can do the chargeback yourself and PP can kiss your grits.