318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Got ripped off (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31811)

xxxJohnBoyxxx 10-05-2010 03:35 AM

Got ripped off

Someone ripped me off in Utah for a MAF sensor. I advertized for a 1995 M3 and got a 1996+ MAF. The guy claims it will fit first then says he has another buyer, now he is saying he sent a 1995 sensor.

So I'm stuck and can't get my money back. He is a real tool cussing over text calling all kinds of names and all when I'm trying to work this out. I spent $75 for the sensor and it is a nice MAF but will not work on the I-4 turbo DME programming I have.

Anyways I've had it with this Jackass and this is what I want to do.

I want to take a dump in the box he sent and mail it back to him. Is that illegal?? I hope he opens it and gets the point.

I'm almost tempted to fly up there and personally deliver the MAF to him face to face and get a refund due to his words. Down here if you talk like that to someone you get your teeth knocked out...This guy is a total wimp, won't answer his phone but will pound away all kinds of cuss words at me over text.

John S

BimmerBum 10-05-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx (Post 282514)
Someone ripped me off in Utah for a MAF sensor. I advertized for a 1995 M3 and got a 1996+ MAF. The guy claims it will fit first then says he has another buyer, now he is saying he sent a 1995 sensor.

So I'm stuck and can't get my money back. He is a real tool cussing over text calling all kinds of names and all when I'm trying to work this out. I spent $75 for the sensor and it is a nice MAF but will not work on the I-4 turbo DME programming I have.

Anyways I've had it with this Jackass and this is what I want to do.

I want to take a dump in the box he sent and mail it back to him. Is that illegal?? I hope he opens it and gets the point.

I'm almost tempted to fly up there and personally deliver the MAF to him face to face and get a refund due to his words. Down here if you talk like that to someone you get your teeth knocked out...This guy is a total wimp, won't answer his phone but will pound away all kinds of cuss words at me over text.

John S

How did you pay? Just take care of it through a dispute resolution provided by your payment method. After thousands of online transactions, I find the best way through a bad one does not include pouring fuel on the fire.

That said... I have the old maf from my S50ti, message me if you are interested.

cooljess76 10-05-2010 05:54 AM

Sucks John. I was in the same boat a few months ago. Bought an alternator from a guy on bf.c. I was very specific in my WTB thread that I was looking for a clean, rust-free alternator because it was going on my polished S52. He responded that he had exactly what I was looking for and sent me pictures of a nice looking alternator. When it arrived at my house, the thing was filthy and covered in rust. I opened a paypal dispute and they pretty much told me I was SOL. They told me that if I received a package, the item condition or contents of the package didn't matter. It was complete BS and I was very pissed. Especially since I've heard other cases where people were refunded for the exact same reason. Paypal sucks. I ended up selling the rusty alternator for a little over half of what I spent, but still took a loss. I seriously wanted to fly to Conneticut and throw the darn thing through the guys living room window.

Marv17 10-05-2010 05:55 AM

bummer man.
if you take a crap in the box it will smell and it won't be delievered. you'd have to seal it in some kind of plastic container so when he opens the box it'll open the plastic container as well. would be hilarious.

cooljess76 10-05-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv17 (Post 282535)
bummer man.
if you take a crap in the box it will smell and it won't be delievered. you'd have to seal it in some kind of plastic container so when he opens the box it'll open the plastic container as well. would be hilarious.

rattlesnakes don't smell...:icon_evil

RAiMA 10-05-2010 06:04 AM

Put a call out for some hookers to his house lols Make sure they're th eexpensive ones he can't afford or can't be traced back to you.

That can cause trouble on all sorts of fronts lols

xxxJohnBoyxxx 10-05-2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAiMA (Post 282539)
Put a call out for some hookers to his house lols Make sure they're th eexpensive ones he can't afford or can't be traced back to you.

That can cause trouble on all sorts of fronts lols

RAiMA~Man I like how you think. I did make a payment to his wifes PayPal account

Jess~PayPal dropped my dispute right away. He could have taken a dump in the box and sent it and that would have been good enough for them.

I do have plenty of miles from flying all over the US from my old job for 13 years and could fly out and hand deliver it to him but I would need bail money to make it back home. The guy is taunting me now texting me about haha PayPal dropped your dispute. I truely hope he gets screwed on some parts just like he did me in the near future, same attitude and all.

cooljess76 10-05-2010 08:44 AM

Well hey man, paypal has screwed thousands of people. When I asked what exactly it was that they do, they told me they protect your personal and financial information. Personally I think they provide a great opportunity for crooks to rip hard working people off. I mean I can list a diamond ring on craigslist or sell a car part on a forum and once I receive the money I can send the buyer a roll of toilet paper and paypal won't do anything! If you want to start a class action lawsuit against paypal, I'm game:cool: The rusty alternator wasn't the first time paypal screwed me. I got ripped off for a plasma TV that I bought on ebay a few years ago. The seller had a fake account and never sent me sh!t. I lost $1898 on that deal and paypal didn't do squat!

hotmilk400 10-05-2010 03:22 PM

that sucks, i never had a problem with paypal / ebay. got my money back a few times.

my personal fav are boxes full of bugs. my mom works at the postoffice, and heard all kinds of stories.

also, it is more easy to open a dispute with the credit card company and win the dispute, they will basically give you the money, and the other person has to sue to get it back (so they never do) not sure how that works if you use paypal and your credit card tho, they might say that u need to dispute with paypal. i would still ask your credit card company thought about the situation, and see what they say. they might just give you the money, and screw paypal out of the money.

b.u.ti-ful 10-05-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxxJohnBoyxxx (Post 282514)
I want to take a dump in the box he sent and mail it back to him. Is that illegal??

Without even looking it up I will say YES it is illegal.

chrisbec 10-05-2010 05:44 PM

My vote is NO! Just chalk this one up to a loss from a crooked seller, it happens. You win some, you loose some when you deal on line. It's a gamble, just as simple as that. For every X number of good deals there is going to be a crappy one in there sooner or later. Just don't get ripped off like Jess did, WOW, that one hurts just reading about it!

Mr.Squeelerz 10-05-2010 07:12 PM

I say go to a pay phone and order 10 pizza's delivered to his house.

xxxJohnBoyxxx 10-05-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Squeelerz (Post 282567)
I say go to a pay phone and order 10 pizza's delivered to his house.

I'm in Florida he is in Utah. If he was local I would visit him.

I have a 500 mile rule. If your within 500 miles and talk to me like he did I show up and let you say it to my face. He is a little out of my range for the 500 mile rule. I did a lot of research on him last night and have all sorts of information on him, family pictures and all, he is a truck driver, wears fake Oakles, owns B&E Company and his pictures of himself make him look like a total douche bag wanker:tongue:

Mr. Crow 10-05-2010 08:22 PM

Wow, thats a major bummer John.

The unfortunate truth is that your kindness was taken advantage of, we all know you are not of his sort. Its hard to let words and actions go when you are upset. Dealing online is a gamble, as most of us have done so. Everytime I make a transaction private party or not, I cringe at the thought of getting screwed.

There is very little you can do now except use your frequent flyer miles and go to his home and beat the $h!t out of him. Or do massive research and dwell on your anger.

Im not trying to chastise you, just saying your a bigger man. Take the loss, and trust that "he will reap what he sews".

Still, that would be tough to swallow. I wish you the best.

dave45056 10-05-2010 08:56 PM

Why not post his name and other info here?
Then we'll know who NOT to buy from.