318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   I ordered my Leatherz armrest today. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16257)

Will'sBimmer 05-28-2007 11:19 PM

I ordered my Leatherz armrest today.

I placed my order for my armrest and should get it and have it installed by this week. I will post pics of the whole thing if anyone is interested. If not then I will post some pics of how it looks when I get it all done. How many other people on here have an armrest???? and how many have the armrest from Leatherz.com??????

ATF 05-29-2007 12:18 AM

I kind of wanna make my own, it doesnt look THAT hard.

Will'sBimmer 05-29-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATF (Post 121764)
I kind of wanna make my own, it doesnt look THAT hard.

If you make one post pics on how you did it.

Tyler 05-29-2007 04:11 AM

I've had a Leatherz armrest for a few years now in my ti.

Will'sBimmer 05-31-2007 09:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got good news today. My armrest was shipped just yesterday and already it is here today. Wow and the shipping I got was just USPS priority. Well I will be taking pics and doing the installation work in a few hours. So I will be posting again here soon. :tongue: Also on a side note. Has anyone ever ordered the door armrests from Leatherz.com They say they fit the Z3 but they also look to fit our door panels too. Here is a pic and tell me what you think.

ATF 06-01-2007 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will'sBeamer (Post 122248)
I got good news today. My armrest was shipped just yesterday and already it is here today. Wow and the shipping I got was just USPS priority. Well I will be taking pics and doing the installation work in a few hours. So I will be posting again here soon. :tongue: Also on a side note. Has anyone ever ordered the door armrests from Leatherz.com They say they fit the Z3 but they also look to fit our door panels too. Here is a pic and tell me what you think.

Ask em for dimensions. They did dimensions for the center armrest

marko 06-01-2007 12:25 AM

wow, that looks good too - see I thought you were refering to the center arm rest - which what I would like to get some day. like the ones below..

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...est&category0=

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will'sBeamer (Post 122248)

Will'sBimmer 06-01-2007 05:08 AM

Pics!

5 Attachment(s)
Here are just a few pics of the armrest and the process of installing it. I also took the time to take pics of the cupholder and the cupholder area so if anyone wants to know what it looks like without the cupholders. Also I took some pics of these weird drill holes labeled for Telephone holes. There is three in total. And the cupholder has Saratuga or somehting technologies.

ATF 06-01-2007 05:10 AM

I was rather surprised when I took out my cup holders how easy it was to take out.. A few screws and that was that. I was disgusted how much syrup like substance was under it though, damn previous owner was a slob.

Arm rest looks good, still kind of wanna make my own.

edit: Where does the arm rest get mounted to? (On the Arm rest and on the console) I'm curious to see if the hinge area is padded as well.

Will'sBimmer 06-01-2007 05:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics. I will be taking a picture of the armrest in the installed in the car tomorrow morning. Right now it is too dark and I can not get a good pic. So I will clean the interior tomorrow and take a pic of it squeezed between my Vaders.:biggrin:

Will'sBimmer 06-01-2007 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATF (Post 122290)
I was rather surprised when I took out my cup holders how easy it was to take out.. A few screws and that was that. I was disgusted how much syrup like substance was under it though, damn previous owner was a slob.

Yeah I found some dirty sticky stuff too. Not to much of it but enough to make me clean everything out before putting it back. I was also surprised at how easy it was to take off, just two clip screws really. They dont even tighten down they just really snap in.

ATF 06-01-2007 02:55 PM

Is the arm rest cushioned or is it like, lightly padded and pretty much solid?

Will'sBimmer 06-01-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATF (Post 122311)
Is the arm rest cushioned or is it like, lightly padded and pretty much solid?

The armrest is lightly padded I would say. It is not like a cushion that your arm would sink into and then leave an impression when you lift your arm up. But enough padding to be comfortable. I love it. And to answer you other question about the hindge and if it is padded. The armrest was already attached to the hindge, I had to just attach the hindge to the console.There is no padding between the hindge and the back of the console. But there is some padding on the back of the nut plates that are located behind the first wall of plastic where I had to drill holes. I hope you understand what I am trying to say if not then I will take some pics.

Will'sBimmer 06-02-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATF (Post 122264)
Ask em for dimensions. They did dimensions for the center armrest

Ok the dimensions are 2' wide and 11.5' long. I measured my doors and the have the same measurments. So I will be ordering them soon and installing them into my car.:biggrin:

uaza 06-02-2007 08:45 PM

I don't get it.. my car doesn't have the cupholder.... will this leatherz armrest fit?