318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What did you do to your car today? (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=29073)

slow_ti 08-26-2011 09:37 PM

You'll get used to scrapping haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiFreak 08-26-2011 09:46 PM

the splitters on my car are all scraped up on the bottom, hopefully you don't mess up the wrap on it

looks good though, I kinda like it more than the M-tech bumper

familytruckster 08-26-2011 10:43 PM

Swapped the spare diff cover on with the M-coupe bushing.

KILLO 08-27-2011 09:57 AM

well.....at first im new user....so good time all........
ihv changed the tires and the wheel cup to 17" inch
i really i want to do somthing with the engine but i don't know what to do

tiFreak 08-27-2011 09:40 PM

parked it in the garage and parked the track car in the carport, I also put my E46 in my dads storage unit

gotta protect them from the hurricane :eek:

antny 08-28-2011 05:33 AM

Let's see, I changed the hood struts, fixed a cracked vacuum, replaced a thermostat, flushed radiator, oil change, changed spark plugs, replaced MAF. That was day one of working on my newly acquired ti. Little more work to do on it but it is up and running strong.

jca 08-28-2011 06:04 AM

Did you buy that ti I saw advertised for sale in Guthrie? Welcome to ti ownership!

antny 08-28-2011 06:09 AM

Nope got this one off a buddy of mine who bought it stupid cheap from a kid who didnt know jack about the car. My buddy bought it thinking it would be a good daily but he has 4 cars already and owns his own business and doesnt have the time to work on the car. It needed very minor things to get it back running right. Was the car in guthrie on craigslist or on here? The big kicker is my buddy has 500 bucks invested in the car and all he wanted was his money he has into the car. So I picked this up for 500 bucks :) the motor was replaced with a rebuilt motor last year and only has 2k on the rebuild and 150k on the chassis. When its all said and done after wheels and a respray and fixing the minor issues, I might have 3500 into the car. Not a bad bargain if you ask me.

jca 08-29-2011 03:47 AM

You definitely bought it right. I saw the Guthrie car on AutoTrader, I think.

antny 08-29-2011 03:51 AM

hmmm I will have to look. I have some more poarts and little odds and ends coming for it from buying stuff for it all weekend lol. The AC compressor is squealing so found a cheap working compressor and will probably just switch out the whole thing instead of just the clutch. Shouldn't be too bad. Hopefully some stuff comes in the mail tomorrow. Just need to button up some stuff. I picked up a boser hood for stupid cheap localy also already. Dont know if I will put it on yet but for the price couldnt pass it up.

I see the one in guthrie now. I dont think I would have paid what they are asking for it though.

screamin 08-29-2011 02:25 PM

Blacked Out My Grills

2 Attachment(s)
I came to the realization one day that the grills are the only chrome on the car so I took the grills off, did some light sanding and painted them with satin black paint.

I really like it! Here's a before and after shot.

Ralliart10 08-30-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by screamin (Post 308052)
I came to the realization one day that the grills are the only chrome on the car so I took the grills off, did some light sanding and painted them with satin black paint.

I really like it! Here's a before and after shot.

Looks good:cool:

Vazquezp 08-31-2011 02:03 AM

Ummm I doubled up the taillights on my new ti/// but I'm thinking now that I might have used the wrong bulb its way brighter then the actual brake....

teetime4one 08-31-2011 06:03 PM

i can't wait to get my car back...it's currently safe and sound at Eric's place.
i've got to fix the sunroof clips that broke...and there are a few leaks reported. blah!
ya all know me...i'll get back in full swing soon!

Sean

vsonix 09-08-2011 06:12 PM

We got my ti a new sister! Our 2001 Titanium Silver e46 320i SE sedan has been replaced with:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...s/DSCF0691.jpg

2003 330d Touring M-Sport! Woop, let's hear it for 200bhp, 405nm of torque and average 45 miles per (imperial) gallon. This is just a rough picture as she's going in for a full cosmetic touch-up and wheel refurb in the next seven days, then I'll take some nicer ones...

PS I know she looks a bit low at the back but it's because of the way the driveway is cambered to drain away the torrential English rainfall ;) Now we have two blue M-sport BMWs on our drive, it's like a childhood dream come true, haha!