318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Parting out & Parts (US) (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Misc parts OEM Roof Rack (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36722)

FunElan 07-22-2012 10:48 PM

OEM Roof Rack

I have an OEM roof rack I don't need. I'd prefer to sell locally in Los Angeles or SoCal because it's easier, but I'll ship if I have to. Buyer pays shipping. Asking $140 obo. I'll put pics up later. Comes with the tools to put it on as well.

I would also trade for a black ///M or Mtechnic front bumper :). That would be the easiest transaction for me.

-Matt

jca 07-23-2012 01:42 AM

Have you posted pics of your ti with rack on this site? The moreagrun one?

BlackBMWs 07-23-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunElan (Post 334820)
I have an OEM roof rack I don't need. I'd prefer to sell locally in Los Angeles or SoCal because it's easier, but I'll ship if I have to. Buyer pays shipping. Asking $140 obo. I'll put pics up later. Comes with the tools to put it on as well.

I would also trade for a black ///M or Mtechnic front bumper :). That would be the easiest transaction for me.

-Matt

Hi Matt! I'm interested. Just would like to see a pic of the bars to see if they can be fitted with Thule or Yakama accessories.

Thank you! Rich :cool:

FunElan 07-23-2012 08:42 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's some pics. A bunch of people are interested, is the etiquette to offer it to the first person to either pm me or post here? Who's still interested after these pics?

BlackBMWs 07-23-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FunElan (Post 334892)
Here's some pics. A bunch of people are interested, is the etiquette to offer it to the first person to either pm me or post here? Who's still interested after these pics?

I am for purchase. Thanks! :cool:

As far as etiquette, I would honor the first confirmed offer to purchase, PM or post.

ryszardsh 07-26-2012 07:05 PM

I have that same rack. FYI, some Thule accesories will fit, as they make some units that will fit any rack. The fit on those is a bit odd, does not use a "foot" inside the rack as does any BMW rack accesory. Rather, the Thule that I have seen fit do so with a sit on top/strap under and 2 bolts on the outside of the bar hiold it all together. Works but not nearly as elegant as the "foot" inside the bar system from BMW. Me, I working on getting some of the "foot" adapters to use with my Thule kayak rack...

If you look around I think there is a post on adapting Thule aero bars to mount to the BMW mounts.

RAS

BlackBMWs 07-26-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszardsh (Post 335205)
I have that same rack. FYI, some Thule accesories will fit, as they make some units that will fit any rack. The fit on those is a bit odd, does not use a "foot" inside the rack as does any BMW rack accesory. Rather, the Thule that I have seen fit do so with a sit on top/strap under and 2 bolts on the outside of the bar hiold it all together. Works but not nearly as elegant as the "foot" inside the bar system from BMW. Me, I working on getting some of the "foot" adapters to use with my Thule kayak rack...

If you look around I think there is a post on adapting Thule aero bars to mount to the BMW mounts.

RAS

Nice, thanks! I did just pick up a Thule 884 system for use with my kayak on my current Thule rack. Interesting in that my kayak is 3 feet longer than my ti. :rolleyes:

Noble_One 08-08-2012 08:18 PM

Still for sale?

I've been trying to locate a roof rack for my 318ti for quite some time now. Is yours still for sale or sold?

Thanks,
Noble

BlackBMWs 08-08-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryszardsh (Post 335205)

RAS

Please let me know if you find and compatable "feet" as I have Thule and Yakima components I can fit. Thanks!

FunElan 08-08-2012 09:16 PM

Rack is sold!

318ti808 08-10-2012 02:31 AM

Go to the dealer and order a rack. I paid about 170 and my local dealer marks it up by almost 50% less BMW car club discount

Norm