318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Personal bios and Introductions (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Club Sport owner (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38848)

antedc5-s 07-29-2013 09:39 PM

New Club Sport owner

Hello 318ti.org. My name is Anthony and I recently purchased bimmern00b's clubsport. I have some pics on my phone I will upload later and also will b starting a build thread where I will slowly but surely bring this club sport back to a glorious existence...and then some:) I have engine swap plans but lots of other things need to be address first like paint, rust, interior bits ex....

This is my first BMW. I am a Honda fan boy at heart. I love Hondas but building one here in ny is very risky. Too many thefts have led me to build a bmw. I still have and will keep my 2006 Acura RSX type s as a track/auto x car but the ti will also be following those foot steps as well.

Its amazing how the ti is not a popular platform. Cheap well built rwd. I have read even other bmw owners talk down about the ti. These people obviously don't know what built not bought means.

If all goes well My club sport will be s65b40 powered.:2gun:

teetime4one 07-30-2013 12:54 AM

Welcome to the org
Enjoy the new ride...and don't listen to other BMW owners. Our cars are a blast to drive and easy to work on. They just don't get it. We do!
Glad you could join us.

Ralliart10 07-30-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teetime4one (Post 352038)
Welcome to the org
Enjoy the new ride...and don't listen to other BMW owners. Our cars are a blast to drive and easy to work on. They just don't get it. We do!
Glad you could join us.

+1 :cool:

antedc5-s 07-31-2013 03:54 AM

Thanks guys its a pleasure to join the community. So much damn research to. It should be fun. Where would I post up a build thread? In what section of the fourm? Or would this be it? Have a bissell wet vac coming from a amazon. Interior should look great when done. Will take losts of pics

ti-billy 07-31-2013 04:14 AM

Welcome, congrats on the new ride!

antedc5-s 07-31-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ti-billy (Post 352071)
Welcome, congrats on the new ride!

Thanks billy

antedc5-s 08-13-2013 03:47 AM

I need someone to tell me what is the black plastic string? Behind the passenger side panel/carpet in the trunk with the gas pump symbol on the end of it. What the is that for?

teetime4one 08-13-2013 11:53 AM

It is for the fuel door. If it ever gets stuck in the lock position...pulling that cord will unlock the door. The door locks when you lock the car doors. Unlocks when the central locking system is deactivated.

antedc5-s 08-14-2013 01:59 AM

Thank you good sir. I didnt think it locked. So thats what that rivets for. It doesnt lock on my car tho. Great. That seems like a bitch to fix.

teen ti 08-14-2013 02:12 AM

An S65 is a hell of a lot of motor for a ti and kind of a shame to put it in a clubsport, I'd be very interested to see it though! Good luck on making it happen and welcome to the org!

antedc5-s 08-14-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teen ti (Post 352528)
An S65 is a hell of a lot of motor for a ti and kind of a shame to put it in a clubsport, I'd be very interested to see it though! Good luck on making it happen and welcome to the org!

I see where your coming from but ithink it will make the car special. Considering the condition of the car[rust and paint] the amount of good I have planed in restoring it should offset the engine swap. I mean all tis have the same engine so If any car should have come with a better engine it should be the clubsport. And considering it will never be desirable like an e30 m3 why not even those get swaped.

teen ti 08-14-2013 02:47 AM

As long as its loved and taken good care of thats all that really matters, and you seem like you've got that covered so turn that sucker into one hell of a car!

antedc5-s 10-23-2013 05:30 AM

Ok time for an update. As for now nothing on the car has changed yet but I have bought an s50 off craigslist. I have a question. m3 cluster must be from a 95? Trying to find a place where I can media blast the car is a bitch. V8 swap still the future goal just cant stand the 4s power and don't feel like spending the time fixing the oil leaks on it so for now the i6 will do great. Still excited.

zoner 10-23-2013 07:45 AM

I've said this before and I'll say it again, and I'm really REALLY not trying to bust your chops, but the Clubsport, by its very nature, is a special car- it does not need to be modified. If you are planning on restoring it, unless this car was a total basket case when you obtained it, restore it to its original condition. I'm all for 6-cyl swaps and believe me, I would LOVE to see someone stuff an S65 into a ti, just to see what it can do, but if that's your endgame- buy a base, or active, or even a sport model that they made thousands of, not a model that they only made 300 or so of, maybe less than 3/4 of which are still on the road. Ti's were never meant to be high-performance machines- that's what Motorsport cars are for. That is all. </soapbox>.

That said, welcome to the .org! (I know, I'm a few months late...) :)

Coyoteh 10-23-2013 10:09 AM

The Clubsport is a special car, but the engine has nothing to do with what makes it special. In my opinion, I say go for it! Best of luck with the project :smile: