318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Engine Swaps (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   [332ti: S54 Hellrot Slicktop] (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43159)

BMW_Hatchback 04-10-2017 05:25 PM

[332ti: S54 Hellrot Slicktop]
 
Recently acquired a slicktop 332ti from a good friend and I'm slowly in the process of taking it to the next level. I'll dive into the 5 inch record book as soon as I get my hands on it

Current mods:
  • S54; Cold air intake, SPAL electric fan, Magnaflow exhaust,
  • 6 speed; M5 clutch, Z3 LSD with finned diff cover, SSK
  • AC Schnitzer rear aero
  • BC coilovers, camber plates, BBS RK, sway bars
  • Cross-drilled brakes, not sure what brand
  • Angel eyes, euro taillights
  • Lambda Speec Racing door panels

Thins to do:
1. Swap interior to black
2. Move battery further back
3. Sport rear bumper
4. Dual tip muffler
5. Graphics

Some quick pictures:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2896/3...f5ed68d1_b.jpg
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2815/3...a72a88cc_o.png

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2928/3...5d8608c6_o.png

Here's what I've done so far:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2872/3...45168079_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3944/3...345a5384_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3928/3...8ba1ec0a_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2884/3...f6416d96_b.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3942/3...a89f026b_b.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2904/3...491e2467_b.jpg

anassa 04-12-2017 04:55 AM

So jealous of your clean projects! They all look well done and clean.

What are your ideas for the brakes to keep the s54 under control? Also whats the rear diff ratio?

How is the comparison between the s54 vs s52 and m52?? Really interested in your comparison on power delivery and feel within the 318ti.

BRADESTAR 04-12-2017 10:21 PM

Sounds fast. Lotta power packed in that small thing, which can't be a bad thing.

Though I'm most excited about seeing #5 on your to do list. Matter of fact it'd be nice if you'd post more pic's of your current graphics work as well, or have I missed that?

E36Fiend4130 04-13-2017 05:25 AM

Lucky!
 
Man I saw this on Autotrader! I was gonna buy it, but when I called was told it recently sold.. Nice pickup though. I drool thinking about how much fun that car must be with that S54 in it!

BMW_Hatchback 04-13-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRADESTAR (Post 384517)
Sounds fast. Lotta power packed in that small thing, which can't be a bad thing.

Though I'm most excited about seeing #5 on your to do list. Matter of fact it'd be nice if you'd post more pic's of your current graphics work as well, or have I missed that?

It's like riding a wild horse right now, begging for open road. I'm unsure of the graphics I'd like to do, but I've always been fond of the AC Schnitzer design here:
http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/fileadmin...4bf1869bac.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by E36Fiend4130 (Post 384528)
Man I saw this on Autotrader! I was gonna buy it, but when I called was told it recently sold.. Nice pickup though. I drool thinking about how much fun that car must be with that S54 in it!

Ha it's all yours brotha come get it outta here

E36Fiend4130 04-13-2017 08:21 PM

AC FTW!
 
Dig that AC look! Always loved their wheels. And don't tease me man! I would honestly buy that car just for the S54 :D but if you ever do look to sell it, Id be very interested in it. My sport is currently in need of a lot of TLC, Everyone tells me to just buy a new car. But I love my Ti !!

BMW_Hatchback 04-15-2017 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E36Fiend4130 (Post 384593)
Dig that AC look! Always loved their wheels. And don't tease me man! I would honestly buy that car just for the S54 :D but if you ever do look to sell it, Id be very interested in it. My sport is currently in need of a lot of TLC, Everyone tells me to just buy a new car. But I love my Ti !!

Right! I would love a set of their wheels. I think I may go with my RS-IIs or Fikse for this one initially with the rubber

I'll keep you posted on this car's progression

anassa 09-25-2017 08:02 PM

Bump for update on this.
:confused:


Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Hatchback (Post 386767)
Updating today with the recovered headliner I did over the weekend, pics coming


Yay!! Lets see it!

BMW_Hatchback 09-25-2017 08:06 PM

Updating today with the recovered headliner I did over the weekend, pics coming

BMW_Hatchback 09-27-2017 08:19 PM

Interior update #1:

Converting the interior to black, starting with the headliner and overhead pieces

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4377/2...0de9692274.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4493/2...c797824e80.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4380/3...2d15a08d4d.jpg





Next is the dash and carpet, probably next week

BRADESTAR 09-28-2017 03:06 AM

I want this car.

I hadn't seen many of the Hellrot cars with a non-Black interior. Looking great though. However, I do NOT envy the work that you have coming up. The carpets are a lot of work!

..Do you still have your other TI?

BMW_Hatchback 09-28-2017 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRADESTAR (Post 386797)
I want this car.

I hadn't seen many of the Hellrot cars with a non-Black interior. Looking great though. However, I do NOT envy the work that you have coming up. The carpets are a lot of work!

..Do you still have your other TI?

I do still have them, and have recently come up on another helrot, new thread for that one soon

anassa 09-28-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Hatchback (Post 386800)
I do still have them, and have recently come up on another helrot, new thread for that one soon

Yay for the update! Good work, its looking good! Someday (years?) I also need to go through my interior and clean it up . . . its just very low on the priority list!

740isport 09-29-2017 03:16 PM

Wow, looking great. Want to come to California and help with my headliners? I've only got 3 to do. LOL

More seriously, what material did you use?

BMW_Hatchback 09-29-2017 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW_Hatchback (Post 386795)
Interior update #1:

Converting the interior to black, starting with the headliner and overhead pieces

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4377/2...0de9692274.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4493/2...c797824e80.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4380/3...2d15a08d4d.jpg





Next is the dash and carpet, probably next week

Quote:

Originally Posted by anassa (Post 386804)
Yay for the update! Good work, its looking good! Someday (years?) I also need to go through my interior and clean it up . . . its just very low on the priority list!

It took a day and a friend to help lay down the material since it's large. It can be done with one person, though.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 740isport (Post 386826)
Wow, looking great. Want to come to California and help with my headliners? I've only got 3 to do. LOL

More seriously, what material did you use?

Haha pay for the ticket out...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:02 AM.

vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1999 - 2018, 318ti.org