318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Great Lakes - US (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Mn (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5303)

myblueTI 04-24-2005 06:08 AM

Mn

Does anybody live in Mn ?

CirrusSR22 04-25-2005 05:56 AM

Me! Bloomington

nick_hegel 04-25-2005 04:43 PM

Me too! Prior Lake

nick_hegel 04-29-2005 05:37 AM

Bump. Come on Minnesota TI's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Represent

myblueTI 05-13-2005 01:24 AM

Is there anybody trying to organize a drive or a meeting for MN Ti drivers?

myblueTI 05-13-2005 01:28 AM

exhaust

by the way nick do you like your supersprint exhaust because i ordered mine a couple weeks ago and it is on back order and its really pissing me off!! :x

nick_hegel 05-13-2005 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myblueTI
Is there anybody trying to organize a drive or a meeting for MN Ti drivers?

Well so far it seems there are only three of us MN ti's. So it I think it would be easy to organize one!!! lmao And oh hell yeah I love my exhaust!!!! :biggrin: I will never use anything other than Supersprint.I wanted to get headers but I've only seen prices for like $800 plus. Where did you order from? I hate when companies say stuff is on backorder. My sis got me a present back in Feb and still hasn't got sh*t cuz its on "backorder". :ashamed:

myblueTI 05-14-2005 05:26 AM

I got my exhaust from leatherz.com i am really curious to se what it sounds like only because my car is an automatic. Do you think it will sound any worse with the auto?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_hegel
Well so far it seems there are only three of us MN ti's. So it I think it would be easy to organize one!!! lmao And oh hell yeah I love my exhaust!!!! :biggrin: I will never use anything other than Supersprint.I wanted to get headers but I've only seen prices for like $800 plus. Where did you order from? I hate when companies say stuff is on backorder. My sis got me a present back in Feb and still hasn't got sh*t cuz its on "backorder". :ashamed:

:?:

nick_hegel 05-15-2005 12:47 AM

Quote:

I got my exhaust from leatherz.com i am really curious to se what it sounds like only because my car is an automatic. Do you think it will sound any worse with the auto?

:?:

I can't say for sure :rolleyes: , but now that I thought about that it might make a difference in the sound. I never really noticed a difference until I hit higher rpms in the car. By the way do you have any pics of your car? I was just wondering which blue it is. Are you on mnsportcompacts.net at all? check it out if you aren't!!

myblueTI 05-27-2005 03:30 AM

Drives?

Does anybody know of any drives or meets anytime soon ? Or is someone willing to organize a drive? :2gun:

myblueTI 06-03-2005 03:17 AM

Meet

I am trying to organize a couple of people or so to meet down at the miday on university one of these weekends if you are willing drop a post and i will try to get some details about it soon :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-03-2005 03:55 PM

Quote:

I am trying to organize a couple of people or so to meet down at the miday on university one of these weekends if you are willing drop a post and i will try to get some details about it soon :2gun:

I'd love to, but I probably won't have my car for like a month or longer. :x I got rearended last week. So my car is sitting in a body shop getting it's rearend felt up and scoped out. :biggrin: If you get a specific day/time setup just let me know and I might have my car back hopefully!!!!

myblueTI 06-04-2005 07:22 PM

that sucks you got rear ended . how bad was he damage to your car? I think i would of fliped if someone rear ended me but oh well ill try to get a date set up for the meet but i dont know where to do it because there are sooo many parking lots and places to meet down there its crazy :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-04-2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

that sucks you got rear ended . how bad was he damage to your car? I think i would of fliped if someone rear ended me

Not horrible few dents in the hatch and the rear bumper. Took it to Hopkins Auto Body(if you know of it). They do really good work and usually help u screw insurance companies into paying for quality work. The rear suspension might be tweakeed a little too. But I was replacing the clutch, getting a camber kit, and replacing my cat this last week anywho. Once I get her back it will be like a brand new TI. Midway can really blow sometimes. I would suggest HarMar mall parking lot. It's close to the area, but away from the homo cops and fart canned civics. Keep in touch about it and hopefully the cars fixed quickly :rolleyes:

myblueTI 06-05-2005 01:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ya i will figure out where we can meet when the time comes but i think i might have a new bimmer by that time i am looking at htis really sweet 323is[IMG]323is[/IMG] :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-06-2005 01:52 AM

MMMMM purty wheels on it. What engine is in it, 2.5 inline 6? Are you getting rid of your ti??

myblueTI 06-06-2005 02:01 AM

ya its a 323is but it has the inline 6 2.5 so its pretty quick. I dont know i am looking to get an e36 coupe but i still kinda a want a ti. Its just that i want(not need) more power in my ti. I think it would be more worth it to buy a new bimmer than put that much into the Ti what do you think? :2gun:

myblueTI 06-06-2005 02:18 AM

You should make up some bogus stuff about the accident like Ya rigth after you got rear ended umm my downing atlanta supercharger fell off so im going to need that replaced as well oh ya and those 18 inch hre rims those were stolen when my car was towed to the shop so ya im going to need those replaced too

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_hegel
Not horrible few dents in the hatch and the rear bumper. Took it to Hopkins Auto Body(if you know of it). They do really good work and usually help u screw insurance companies into paying for quality work. The rear suspension might be tweakeed a little too. But I was replacing the clutch, getting a camber kit, and replacing my cat this last week anywho. Once I get her back it will be like a brand new TI. Midway can really blow sometimes. I would suggest HarMar mall parking lot. It's close to the area, but away from the homo cops and fart canned civics. Keep in touch about it and hopefully the cars fixed quickly :rolleyes:

:2gun:

nick_hegel 06-06-2005 02:20 AM

lmao, i just realized I think we are the only two posting on this thread!!!!Honestly, I think I would rather have the TI with a swap. Theres something about having the unique body with the engine. Best of both worlds!!! I would think if you take your time and shop around, you could end up finding a good deal on the parts. And I know an awesome mechanic out in Maple Lake that does like a flat rate of $50 an hour. He does all the work on my car and I can completely trust him. I'm thinking of doing a swap once I pay off this car and buy a new one. I want to strip the ti I have now and run an s50/s52 motor, but right now it's just a wet dream

nick_hegel 06-06-2005 02:27 AM

Quote:

You should make up some bogus stuff about the accident like Ya rigth after you got rear ended umm my downing atlanta supercharger fell off so im going to need that replaced as well oh ya and those 18 inch hre rims those were stolen when my car was towed to the shop so ya im going to need those replaced too

LMFAO!!! Somehow i don't think State Farm would fall for a supercharger falling off, but I guess trying doesn't hurt. BTW is that 323 stock cept for the wheels?? and how much are they asking on it?? (I promise I won't try to buy it)

myblueTI 06-06-2005 02:31 AM

i dont know if i want to pay the money for the swap though i hear it is just as powerfull with the dasc so i think i might look into that i alittle more but i am still looking at a swap so. But i hear there is a turbo out there for it and it really hauls balls so i might have to check into that. I just want the cheapest way to keep up with a stock m3. Plus my Ti is an auto so i i want to swap the tranny but a couple of mechanics that i have talked to say that a s/c is better with an auto and a turbo is better with the manual so i have lots to consider but it is still what you call a "wet dream" :ashamed:

myblueTI 06-06-2005 03:37 AM

the 323 has 18" wheels, lowered it 2 inches, exhaust, k&n intake filter, sub and amp, dynomatted trunk for the subs, tinted windows, sirus radio, harmon Kardon sound system, aftermarket alram system and its going for about 13 thousand. I think its a pretty good deal but allot of people are telling me for 13 you can get a m3 but the insurance would rape me because im under 18 so thats not an option. thats why i want to be able to keep up with a m3 but i dont know i really like the look of the e36 coupe allot. Allot to be done too since it has the 2.5 in it too :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-06-2005 03:40 PM

Yup insurance sucks!!! Thats part of the reason I have my ti. I don't think 13k is horrible for it. Car already has good additions to it and still has plenty of potential!!

myblueTI 06-07-2005 03:06 AM

ya im just going to keep the ti because i think i can do some stuff to it now and wait and just get an m3 when i am older and have the money but i think i am going to try to do some autocrosses this summer. so i am going to do suspension and tires and hopefully my exhaust whenever the hell it comes in :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-07-2005 02:39 PM

Quote:

ya im just going to keep the ti because i think i can do some stuff to it now and wait and just get an m3 when i am older and have the money but i think i am going to try to do some autocrosses this summer. so i am going to do suspension and tires and hopefully my exhaust whenever the hell it comes in :2gun:

Good choice on keeping it! Not very many around so you may as well keep it since you got one already. Anyway there are always going to be plenty of modified 3 series coupes for sale. BTW are you going to the Volksport show on Sunday June 12th??

myblueTI 06-11-2005 12:51 AM

where is this show and what kind of cars are there? Is it just like a meet or is it a show? Are you going to be there? :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-11-2005 07:27 AM

Oh I will for sure be there. I've been planning on it for a few months. I believe it is an actual show! All I really know about it is that it's being held at Westside Volkswagen in St. Louis Park/Western Mpls. Technically it's only a VW show, but my brother talked to a few guys and heard that a bunch of bimmer guys are showing up too. Bring your car if you can make it and I'll keep an eye out for a ti. I'd rather look at a ti anyways!!! lmao

myblueTI 06-11-2005 01:03 PM

I dont think i will be able to make the show i work at 2 on sunday so since your going you should take some pictures and post the good ones for me :biggrin: There should be at least one TI i think but if there isnt oh well i am not going to worry. :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-11-2005 11:22 PM

Definitely taking some pics for ya!!!

CirrusSR22 06-12-2005 03:57 AM

Style 18 Wheels?

Anyone in MN have any left-over 16" OEM Sport Wheels (Style 18 )? I need to replace a bent one. Bad paint is OK, but they must be absolutely true and straight. I don't need the tire.

These ones:
http://zoouz.free.fr/Wheels/TMP_wheel/bmw_wheel_018.jpg

P.S. This is double posted in the WTB section as well. Probably a big no-no, but :rolleyes:

myblueTI 06-12-2005 05:16 AM

Hahaha

Its really funny that all of us in this thread have blue cars hahaha :hahano: must be a mn thing oh well haha :2gun:

myblueTI 06-13-2005 05:27 AM

Black out grill

I am looking for a black out grill in MN so if anybody has one or know someone who does just let me know

nick_hegel 06-15-2005 06:39 PM

Quote:

I am looking for a black out grill in MN so if anybody has one or know someone who does just let me know

Just found this on eBay>>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33645
Seems like a decent deal and good looking kit!!

myblueTI 06-16-2005 12:49 AM

Yes!!!!!

My exhaust just came today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plus i have clear corners and side markers and new white face gauges coming in tomorrow what a good week :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-16-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

My exhaust just came today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Plus i have clear corners and side markers and new white face gauges coming in tomorrow what a good week :2gun:

GOOD STUFF!!! My car just got finished at the body shop yesterday and now its going to the mechanic to finish the clutch and other stuff. I know just how you feel, YAY! :biggrin:

myblueTI 06-16-2005 03:07 PM

well i had to wake up at 8 today so the exhaust plce could squeeze me in to put it on or else i had to wait untill monday. but i got it on now it sounds very good , i love it :biggrin: it sounds good but its not too loud at cruising speeds. peace out gone driving :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-16-2005 04:45 PM

Got any pics of it???

myblueTI 06-18-2005 01:16 AM

something wrong with the memory card so i cant load the pics ill try to take more and post them :2gun:

nick_hegel 06-21-2005 01:24 AM

Supposed to get my car on Friday!!! I talked to Motorwerks and Sears Imported Autos about having an alignment done once I get it. The tech at Sears said they can't do it because of the camber kit and then the tech at Motorwerks had never even heard of a camber kit. Can u believe that?? I hope that it was just a salesman that picked up the wrong line, but OMG what a friggin idiot!

myblueTI 06-21-2005 02:44 AM

what a friggin idiot. Even if it was a salesman he still should of know what camber plates are OMG !! :ashamed: i would be ashamed if i was him