318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   SoCal (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   09' Calendar Cheating/Controversy! (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23841)

HuGo 09-30-2008 01:11 AM

09' Calendar Cheating/Controversy!

MAVERIX IS A CHEATER!

WOW just WOW. Hhhmmm seems someone is trying desperately hard to get into the calendar this year huh?

There's a certain account called "heeleh" giving everyone a 1 on the calendar rather than yes, themselve. Yes Maverix its you. Apparently "heeleh" gave a 1 to everyone but you. Ohh and "heeleh" gave you a TEN!

And who is... jenga and eternal-dread.....who also happened to give a 10.

Common dude, your pic is NOT a 10.

Anyone care to take a look?

http://www.318ti.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6551

Lets see here...

heeleh - join date 9-29-08 with 0 posts.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/member.php?u=6576

jenga - join date 9-28-08 with 0 posts

http://www.318ti.org/forum/member.php?u=6572

Eternal-dead - join date 9-29-08 with 0 posts

http://www.318ti.org/forum/member.php?u=6575

I know the votes do not matter. But when we have to choose the pics we like...well there's going to be already 3 favorite picks towards maverix picture. So the number favorites towards his pic will already be 3 higher than anyone else.

Wow really maverix? That desperate huh?

For sure these 3 accounts (and if there's more) should immediatly be blocked and banned. Steve can we make this possible?

Now for trying to cheat (well before the actual cheating could have began cuz i cought it and trying to stop it) I believe that maverix should be disqualified this year and revoke his picture for the contest. I will make a poll. Let the community cast their vote for the decision. And of coarse at the end, it will be steve decision.

I took a shot of the screen before Maverix tried to edit and erase those votes(if possible).

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...ATINGvotes.jpg

EDIT:

There's another account. Dragonball-live. Same thing, 0 posts but gave him a good score. Looks like jgrimm commented in the page as well

http://www.318ti.org/forum/member.php?u=6504

HuGo 09-30-2008 01:15 AM

I have sent a PM to steve to view this thread. I missed a class at school for the making of this thread :mad: But caught a potential cheater so eh :smile:

HuGo 09-30-2008 01:19 AM

I couldn't create a poll. So ill do it in this post and ill keep updating/edit with the number of votes.

1.) Forgive Maverix, let him keep the picture for the contest.
2.) Remove Maverix pic and disqualify him for the 2009 calender entry.

Cast your votes by saying either 1 or 2.

1.) 3

2.) 14

thesk8nmidget 09-30-2008 01:44 AM

i vote 2

1.) 0

2.) 2

what a punk

HuGo 09-30-2008 01:49 AM

There's another account. Dragonball-live. Same thing, 0 posts but gave him a good score. Looks like jgrimm commented in the page as well

http://www.318ti.org/forum/member.php?u=6504

elchicano 09-30-2008 01:49 AM

Yeah he should be out this year but it's all up to steve. Just in case our opinions matter i vote a #2.

tiFreak 09-30-2008 01:55 AM

I'm gonna have to say 2 :|

wv318ti 09-30-2008 01:56 AM

Thats pretty low if I say so myself, good catch. I could care less if I get in or not. I know I didn't chosse my best pic, but it's not that big of a deal, I don't think he should ever have a chance after this.

HuGo 09-30-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wv318ti (Post 195372)
Thats pretty low if I say so myself, good catch. I could care less if I get in or not. I know I didn't chosse my best pic, but it's not that big of a deal, I don't think he should ever have a chance after this.

I don't care so much either. If I make it...kool. If i don't, then the community didn't want my pic on the calendar. In my opinion (of coarse this is my personal opinion) I think ppl are judging my entry towards me and not towards the picture itself. But that's not the case right now. I am not trying to cheat by creating accounts. I dont think its fair for other ppl who entered. Say #13 pick didn't get in cuz Maverix had 3-4 extra votes. So that put #13 out of the calendar cuz that person wasn't #12.

So you vote a 2?

spidertri 09-30-2008 02:05 AM

I was hoping there wouldn't be any drama with this, but no, people (Maverix) have to resort to cheating.

wv318ti 09-30-2008 02:11 AM

I'm all about the art of the picture, the better it looks the more it should be in. I think it needs to be up to the senior crew anyway. Becasue some people will just give ones and twos to just get there car on a callender pic for people to look at.

HuGo 09-30-2008 02:12 AM

Maybe I should add to my rant thread to not create new accounts to cheat in the calendar :rolleyes:

I know this is going to be brougt up at some point. About what happened last year....I did NOT cheat. I didn't go creating accounts. What I did was have my friends (not fake accounts) put up some of my pictures up and the socal ti group pictures. I took a lot of pictures I liked and wanted a variety other than sticking to 1 favorite. But i never cheated because I didn't go ahead creating accounts to up my vote/rating.

I thought this year we were going to try to do this legit in hopes of rating the car/picture for what it is. Or choose the pics ppl like and go from there.

BMW_Hatchback 09-30-2008 02:24 AM

What would Jesus do? Forgive your brother 7 times 7 million billion gillion times...times 7
I say let him give it a go with a new photo.

elchicano 09-30-2008 02:29 AM

i say nope whats the purpose of that. So far there were no issues with the calender until this. So we should get this resolved and go on with the calender.

wv318ti 09-30-2008 02:35 AM

I say No Go you learn your lesson in cheating. I have no care for any type of cheater.

M3_KILL3R 09-30-2008 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuGo (Post 195357)
I have sent a PM to steve to view this thread. I missed a class at school for the making of this thread :mad: But caught a potential cheater so eh :smile:

hahaaha you skipped class for that
i mean this is productive! lets get our pitch forks and hunt the mother down! lol

no thats not cool at all...i mean the car might be amazing in his eyes. Nevertheless, the picture is not showroom quality. The scenery is obviously dead :rolleyes:
i saw we take action.....

M3_KILL3R 09-30-2008 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiFreak (Post 195371)
I'm gonna have to say 2 :|

isnt he you best friend on the .org? not cool man not cool

lazoh 09-30-2008 02:38 AM

I also vote 2!! Good catch Hugo

angel318ti 09-30-2008 02:43 AM

I would ask steve if he can block voting for members with 100 or less posts. I think that would be the fairest way to fix the issue. It is possible that there are 3 or 4 people out there with the same taste as he has out there. Unlikely, but possible. I say he gets disqualified this year and good luck in 2010. Its such as slap in the face to see people doing something like this. I hope he chimes in and sheds some light in the situation.

lazoh 09-30-2008 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M3_KILL3R (Post 195390)
isnt he you best friend on the .org? not cool man not cool

He has shown that he is a good friend since good friends let you have it when you do stupid things!

BMW_Hatchback 09-30-2008 02:48 AM

friends don't friends cheat in a 318ti.org calender poll

angel318ti 09-30-2008 02:53 AM

why is this in the regional forums?

lazoh 09-30-2008 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel318ti (Post 195397)
why is this in the regional forums?

Because Hugo caught this cheating character and he is restricted to post ONLY in this section.

M-technik-3 09-30-2008 03:10 AM

Gonna have to agree with the crowd allow to stay forfeit his entry into calender if it was voted in.

Honestly we are a small enough community where this should not happen.

Maverix 09-30-2008 03:10 AM

Lol, dragonball-live is my cousin, and heeleh is a old friend of mine from runescape. As for the rest, I have no clue who they are. Steve can run a IP check on all of em. Only person that is in the same city as me is dragonball-live. And there is no rules against that.

jgrimm 09-30-2008 03:14 AM

Haha Hugo, I was gonna post something similar to this in the calendar thread a while back but never got around to it. Thanks for bringing it to everyones attention and I hope the dude actually learns how to take a nice photo instead of making stupid accounts to up his picture rank. What a desperate nub.

......At least he gave my pictures a 10 on his actual account....balances out to a 5.5/10..... still not high enough to forgive him though.

I say option #2, take the chumps picture out and maybe he can try better next time.

jgrimm 09-30-2008 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverix (Post 195403)
Lol, dragonball-live is my cousin, and heeleh is a old friend of mine from runescape. As for the rest, I have no clue who they are. Steve can run a IP check on all of em. Only person that is in the same city as me is dragonball-live. And there is no rules against that.

Dude, explain why all of these accounts where made on the same day (except the dragonball one) and explain how they all still have ZERO posts. And explain how they all gave your ****ty photo a 10 and everyone else's a 1.

Just fess up and take it like a man.

lazoh 09-30-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgrimm (Post 195407)
Dude, explain why all of these accounts where made on the same day (except the dragonball one) and explain how they all still have ZERO posts. And explain how they all gave your ****ty photo a 10 and everyone else's a 1.

+++1!!!

Maverix 09-30-2008 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgrimm (Post 195407)

Why don't you pm them and ask where the hell they came from? If you look at the other ratings dragonball has given, he has given good ratings to other people. He's voting fair. I can give you heeleh's and dragonball's IM, and you can talk to them personally. As for the other guys, I have no clue.

madfronter 09-30-2008 03:23 AM

Pretty lame if you ask me. There has to be a way to make the voting as fair as possible.

madfronter 09-30-2008 03:25 AM

I also don't like how it shows what you rated the other peoples cars. I think that is an issue that should be addressed ASAP!!!!!!!!

jgrimm 09-30-2008 03:26 AM

Dude I don't give a sh*t about you rating our pictures unfairly, cuz those votes don't count and I'm certain that everyone else on this site that has the slightest eye for a well taking photo will rate yours poorly. Even if you make 5 additional accounts for yourself it still wont counteract all the actual members that rate your cr*appy photo for what it deserves.

madfronter 09-30-2008 03:28 AM

And this guy with no posts "heeleh" has voted my car a 1 so he can get his shot rated higher. This pisses me off so much. Steve Please step in here. Ban this guy!!!

Maverix 09-30-2008 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgrimm (Post 195415)
Dude I don't give a sh*t about you rating our pictures unfairly, cuz those votes don't count and I'm certain that everyone else on this site that has the slightest eye for a well taking photo will rate yours poorly. Even if you make 5 additional accounts for yourself it still wont counteract all the actual members that rate your cr*appy photo for what it deserves.

Where exactly is your proof that I made 5 accounts? Once again, do a IP check.

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp

My IP is 75.34.85.93
I don't know the other IP's, but i'm sure Steve can surely see them.

angel318ti 09-30-2008 03:31 AM

I really don't care if you get all 10's on your pictures. Its pretty crappy that you would go and rate other members pics unfairly. Yes, the voting does not count but WHY? What do you gain from this? I'm trying to make sense of this but I really don't get it.

Maverix 09-30-2008 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel318ti (Post 195418)
I really don't care if you get all 10's on your pictures. Its pretty crappy that you would go and rate other members pics unfairly. Yes, the voting does not count but WHY? What do you gain from this? I'm trying to make sense of this but I really don't get it.

How did I rate someone unfairly? Give me 1 example that I rated someone unfairly, and I'll remove my picture.

angel318ti 09-30-2008 03:34 AM

you are right I can't prove it but how old are your cousins? 5? come on, grow up!

angel318ti 09-30-2008 03:35 AM

anyway, I'm done discussing this, have fun guys but keep it clean :rolleyes:

jgrimm 09-30-2008 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverix (Post 195417)
Where exactly is your proof that I made 5 accounts? Once again, do a IP check.

http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp

My IP is 75.34.85.93
I don't know the other IP's, but i'm sure Steve can surely see them.

k, you (or a bunch of your family members) made 4 accounts for you man. Don't keep denying it dude cuz it make you look like an even bigger a*ss.

And BTW, you really must be retarded if you keep making accounts to vote on something that doesn't even count. Holly Sh*t ur Dumb.

I'm done ranting, someone else rip into this tard.

Maverix 09-30-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel318ti (Post 195420)
you are right I can't prove it but how old are your cousins? 5? come on, grow up!

Lemme rephrase that last one. If Steve can prove that I made multiple accounts, I'll remove my photo. And he's 21. I don't understand. Is everyone suppose to have the same opinion? Am I not allowed into the contest?