318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   nice to meet you guys :) (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12816)

netadpt 10-10-2006 07:14 PM

nice to meet you guys :)

Hello my name is Adam and I am getting ready to purchase a 97 318ti if everything goes through okay with the bank lol ... I've wanted one of these little beemers for a few years. I'm finally in a position to where I can get the car and tinker with it as well. I'm thinking about doing a 2.5 engine swap and possible turbocharger setup, some nice suspension, m3 side skirts,lips if available and cf misc exterior parts. I just want a clean fast little setup so I think this is the car for me (from the research i've done). I live in Addison Texas! I just moved here not to long ago from Indiana so I don't really know anyone so if anyone knows where the spot to hang out and talk about car stuff locally, let me know :) I think that's about it... nice to meet you all!!!

Bluebimma 10-10-2006 07:48 PM

Sounds like youve got a lot of plans for this future car. Hope all goes well, keep up updated on the purchase and progress of the ti. Welcome to the Forums.

Tony

3DGE 10-10-2006 08:20 PM

Nice to see a new member! Hope everything goes well with your new car!

Take lots of images of your new ride! Hatch backs RULE!

netadpt 10-11-2006 01:01 PM

will do guys.. glad to be here :)

netadpt 10-11-2006 01:08 PM

I called my buddy all excited last night about what I was getting (the ti) and told him i'd be building the engine for a SC and throwing the SC on supporting mods etc etc. I told him I wanted to get around 300rwhp and he was like... MY honda will smoke that car, my hondas faster. I'm like dood you have no idea it's a whole new class but his car is heavily modded. I was like man you can't compare the two. I said well stock for stock my car would have had a faster 1/4 run. He disagreed. lol wow man, I hope I wasn't like that to people when I modded/drove my honda, actually I know I wasn't he's always been a tool. Once I get my engine built, sc, etc etc I'm taking that boy to the track and owning him :D I wasn't even looking for a story of whos car was faster, I just wanted him to be like " ah man that's cool so you're getting back into the import thing huh, NICE" or somthing. not a hater. I didn't bash him when he was running around on a stock honda and two sets of coilover springs all bouncey etc. I guess I don't get some peope. anyway I just wanted to vent.. lol yea, sorry, thanks :)

Etienne 10-11-2006 01:10 PM

Welcome to the forums... and the "ti family..." hehe.

edit: venting is generally well received here... especially when it is about "heavily modded" hondas :).

300 RWHP with just a super charger on the m44...? If you want to get that kind of power out of the ti you'll need to swap in a much bigger power plant. -- Check the swap section for info on that.

netadpt 10-11-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etienne (Post 91693)
Welcome to the forums... and the "ti family..." hehe.

edit: venting is generally well received here... especially when it is about "heavily modded" hondas :).

300 RWHP with just a super charger on the m44...? If you want to get that kind of power out of the ti you'll need to swap in a much bigger power plant. -- Check the swap section for info on that.

ok will do thanks and yea I know right lol heavily modded hondas hehe :chainsaw:

Tyler 10-12-2006 11:26 AM

Welcome to the site...

netadpt 10-13-2006 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 91812)
Welcome to the site...

thanks nice to meet ya. anyone from Texas around here or no? I have 8 hours until the auction ends for the car. The guy I'm buying it from is actually on this site as well. It's the blue 318ti from cali (coast) I hope I get it..

shaneco13 10-13-2006 11:50 PM

that would be sweet if you did. i personally dont have a ti myself, but i have a chance on getting one. it would be nice to live in the south where you are cause, well COLD SUCKS. it has been on and off snow flakes for the past 2 days here in MN. whatever though, its gonna be nice sat and sunday so thats all i am worried about. welcome though, as we are both rather newbies on here. pending i actually DO pick up the ti i am looking at then ill be on here a lot more.

netadpt 10-14-2006 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneco13 (Post 92022)
that would be sweet if you did. i personally dont have a ti myself, but i have a chance on getting one. it would be nice to live in the south where you are cause, well COLD SUCKS. it has been on and off snow flakes for the past 2 days here in MN. whatever though, its gonna be nice sat and sunday so thats all i am worried about. welcome though, as we are both rather newbies on here. pending i actually DO pick up the ti i am looking at then ill be on here a lot more.

I didn't win. I had no access to a computer sunday with 4 hours left and got outbid by 150 dollars. what a bummer. Well I guess I'm going to hit the classifieds of this section now lol and honestly I dislike living in Texas, stay in the cold buddy at least you can snowboard and the girls are down to earth. Maybe not as hot lol but all around better :) I promise