318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Personal bios and Introductions (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hello from Santa Cruz (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43051)

Vovochka 02-19-2017 09:19 PM

Hello from Santa Cruz

I was watching a $200 318TI sit on Craigslist for over a month until I went to go check it out. It was missing keys and paper work. The supposed keys were over $300 to replace and the car had 295,000 on the clock. Body and interior were in great condition. I go back to buy it and it sold. Two days later it shows up on Craigslist again for the same price from a different seller. I offered him $200 to tow it to Santa Cruz and he did. Very sketchy.
A crumpled application for duplicate title and 36 dollars at the DMV had the car in my name and registered through April of 2018. 55 dollars had a key made at BMW of Monterey. The 318 fired right up and runs strong.
I've since ordered Koni str.t struts and shocks, HR sport springs, and a luk clutch. I just had Sumitomo htr p02s mounted for slightly more than I paid for the car. I am trying to build this on a budget.

I was wondering if there are any tricks to reducing road noise even more? Maybe peal and seal on the doors and roof..

Sorry for the long story. I wanted a fun, practical, comfortable, economical, and reliable car. I think the 318TI fits that! Looking forward to the forums!

Vovochka 02-19-2017 09:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Photos

Toolmaker 02-19-2017 11:42 PM

Nice find. You will enjoy it

Coyoteh 02-20-2017 06:43 AM

Wow, great find! I hope you have lots of fun with it :cool:

e30topdown 02-20-2017 02:00 PM

Those are the same reasons I hunted for several months for a ti to be my daily driver. And it's been everything I thought for the last year and a half.

Have fun and enjoy!

batmite 02-22-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vovochka (Post 383928)
Photos

That m-sport kit (rear bumper especially) is pretty rare, incredibly good find!

Vovochka 02-24-2017 07:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I decided to do a bunch of work before I get the car on the road.

Cooling system rebuild (The radiator is oddly new so I'll leave that alone)
Plugs and valve cover
Clutch
Mounts

Resurfacing the dual mass flywheel...perhaps not the best thing to do but I'm sure it will be okay.

Looks clean under the valve cover and no wonder why it was leaking oil. Someone got too liberal with the rtv.

batmite 03-03-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vovochka (Post 383970)
I decided to do a bunch of work before I get the car on the road.

Cooling system rebuild (The radiator is oddly new so I'll leave that alone)
Plugs and valve cover
Clutch
Mounts

Resurfacing the dual mass flywheel...perhaps not the best thing to do but I'm sure it will be okay.

Looks clean under the valve cover and no wonder why it was leaking oil. Someone got too liberal with the rtv.

I have oil leakage around my valve cover gasket as well, I'll need to pull the plugs to see how bad it is... It's certainly on my to-do list... Thank goodness this is not my daily driver! :P