318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Not A Good Month. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30562)

Tyler 05-17-2010 04:37 PM

Not A Good Month.

I just feel like going on a rant.

2 Weeks ago my Siamese cat went missing and at first i thought it was a coyote that got him then said no way. I think somebody took him, i know i had kids drinking in front of my house the night he disappeared so idk. All i know his brother has changed, he sits on his cat condo and stares out the window hoping his brother will come home. He meows all night long most of them to go out but the others sound like cries or just being sad. My father was rushed to the hospital friday morning and he'll be in there all of this weeks it's looking. I have a Pearl Jam Concert tonight and although they are my Fav Band i could care less about going to the show, and if i don't go i have to drive up to boston to give tickets to friends. My car is temporarily out of commission due to my throttle cable fraying up on me while on the highway yesterday. New radiator sitting in my house for 3 weeks now, got window regulator being shipped in today. Only been replaced 3 times well now 4. I know there is more since this black cloud has been hovering over me for weeks.

Philly 05-17-2010 05:07 PM

Doesn't sound like good times Tyler... I hope you find your cat :( and hope your old mans OK too.

b.u.ti-ful 05-17-2010 05:25 PM

I would say go to the concert.

cooljess76 05-17-2010 05:45 PM

Hang in there man, things will get better. Hopefully your cat will turn up. It pisses me off knowing that there's people who steal pets. I mean it's like kidnapping and people don't realize that pets are family members. I had a yellow lab puppy that I rescued from an abusive home in Sicily. Poor thing was skin and bones, filthy and forced to live in his own poop and pee on a tiny balcony. The neighbors finally called the cops(me) and when I responded I gave the family the option of either turning the animal over or face criminal neglect charges. They willfully turned him over. I didn't even process him into the pound. Took him straight to the vet, had him looked over, shots updated and took him home. About a month after I rescued him and nurtured him back to health, someone stole him from my yard while I was home! He was just a puppy and finally coming back around to trusting people again.

Post an ad on Craigslist, maybe post a few fliers around your neighborhood with pictures and a contact number and check your local Humane Society. I hope you find your kitty, I know it sucks losing something so precious.

Go visit pops. bring him some good food, a book, music or something to entertain him while you're not there. Don''t tell him about the cat or anything that will depress him or make his hospital stay any worse.

PJ's cool. You already bought the tickets, who knows you might have a good time. At least it'll take your mind off things for a little while.

Radiators an easy swap, make sure you properly bleed the cooling system after the install.

Window regulators are a pain, but you've done it before so you know what you're dealing with. Perhaps if you read this article you might be able to fix this reoccuring problem.

Go for a run, bike ride, walk around the block, anything that involves getting out of the house and taking in some fresh air. You're a good guy Tyler, cheer up and hang in there champ:wink:

tiFreak 05-17-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 271167)
PJ's cool. You already bought the tickets, who knows you might have a good time. At least it'll take your mind off things for a little while.

+1, it will be good to do something to get away

sounds like a rough time, I hope things will work out for you

PrimeTimeSlime 05-17-2010 07:05 PM

Go to the concert. You'll thank yourself.

Tyler 05-17-2010 07:31 PM

Yeah i know, most likely will be going.

Honestly the way i felt the first week is i lost somebody close to me, thats how bad i felt about the cat. He was the one to always great me, sleep on my bed, pull back the sheets and get underneath etc. Didn't eat the whole week and barely even drank anything. Sucky situation and wish i knew what happend, thats what really stinks.

I've never done the window regulator myself but i read a write up and it doesn't seem to bad. We'll see how it goes.

b.u.ti-ful 05-17-2010 07:34 PM

Craigslist has some cats found listings.

Tyler 05-17-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b.u.ti-ful (Post 271177)
Craigslist has some cats found listings.

I posted a CL ad the week he went missing. I live on a dead end and my cats don't wander far. Maybe 2 houses up besides that they stay within the dead end. No other cat is missing so i don't think it was an animal. I think he was taken by some a-hole high school kid.

cooljess76 05-17-2010 08:12 PM

I'm sure you already checked, but if not, try visiting your local Humane Society or animal rescue/adoption center. I've had friends lose their pets only to find them a couple days later at the Humane Society waiting to be adopted. I know it seems like someone took him, but it's worth a shot if it means getting him back. Most older cats don't adapt well when they're moved to another home/family. Hopefully your cat bailed if someone took him into their house and perhaps a neighbor or someone might have brought him to the Humane Society.

Tyler 05-17-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 271180)
I'm sure you already checked, but if not, try visiting your local Humane Society or animal rescue/adoption center. I've had friends lose their pets only to find them a couple days later at the Humane Society waiting to be adopted. I know it seems like someone took him, but it's worth a shot if it means getting him back. Most older cats don't adapt well when they're moved to another home/family. Hopefully your cat bailed if someone took him into their house and perhaps a neighbor or someone might have brought him to the Humane Society.

Unfortunately there is no longer a shelter in my city. I know where i live was all over the news a month ago from the floods, my city got hammered and i mean hammered hard. Shelter is closed for good and they are not picking up stray animals, only thing i could do is call animal control to see if it was run over by a car which there is no way in hell that happened where i live.

Sadly i have given up looking, not much more i can do. I have posters up and got 2 calls but when doing my surveillance that night i discovered it was not my cat, it was Siamese but not my color.

ti-billy 05-17-2010 08:31 PM

Hang in there buddy, things will get better.

StealthBimmer 05-18-2010 05:53 AM

Hoping things will work out for you soon. Things have a strange way to change around so stay positive.

Tyler 05-24-2010 07:07 PM

I wish my neighbor didn't come up to me Saturday telling me the German Shepherd across the street attacked a cat 10 days ago and broke the cats legs from biting it cause the damn dog is never on a leash.

If i confront this person again then i might do something stupid so idk what i'm going to do besides call animal control everytime i see it not on a leash.

b.u.ti-ful 05-24-2010 10:38 PM

Yikes - keep your other cat inside!