318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   SoCal (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   SoCal Meet - July 2008 (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22674)

Marv17 07-02-2008 05:02 AM

SoCal Meet - July 2008

Alright fellas. So its that time of the month again... the monthly meet. So it looks like it's going to land on July 12th. AND we already have an idea. It will be held in Ventura this time. So Jesse, you have NO excuse for not being able to show because it'll be at David's house, aka VROOMCP, lol. There will be a BBQ at his house. Not sure what else we'll do, but its a start. For those of us that haven't met David now is our chance to get to know the guy and see his Ti.
I have already asked if it was cool to post his address and he was cool with it. So here it is:

30 Carriage Square
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 340-3284

Bring some tools in case we are able to do lil projects on the ti's or something, if that's cool with David of course. Oh, every member should bring something to contribute to the BBQ as well.

Here's the list so far, guys that usually go. Any new members that have recently joined the org, now is the chance for us to meet you and for you to meet us.

list:
1) David - our host :cool:
2) Lazoh
3) Bobbak
4) Noah
5) Hugo
6) Jesse
7) Marv
8)
9)

Hugo, I know you don't have a ride so we'll arrange a way to pick you up. Oh, and make sure you bring my new camera :biggrin: lol.

Oh and any other ideas to do while at the meet are welcome. as long as we all agree as a group majority. Deal?

318tifan 07-02-2008 06:27 AM

i'll try my best to make it y'all
we need to get some girls in the socal group hahaha

cooljess76 07-02-2008 07:34 AM

I told you guys, David is awesome! I'm definitely there, don't be surprised if I show up on my bicycle.

VROOMCP 07-02-2008 02:08 PM

should be lots of fun.

Marv17 07-02-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooljess76 (Post 182638)
I told you guys, David is awesome! I'm definitely there, don't be surprised if I show up on my bicycle.

that's what i was expecting or your honda bike. lol.

lazoh 07-02-2008 04:59 PM

so far so good for me and where is the rest of the crew?? Bobby you going? Hugo, is your car ready bro?

Marv17 07-02-2008 06:18 PM

what about you Noah? You in?

lazoh 07-02-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv17 (Post 182713)
what about you Noah? You in?

I figured he was but you're right, how about it Noah? Are you in?

318tifan 07-03-2008 07:37 AM

ok, so when are we meeting that day??
i'm coming from the desert, so i might book a hotel in ventura the night before or the night of, or both...
what's there to do in ventura? anything fun??

cooljess76 07-03-2008 09:07 AM

David's house is actually in Oxnard which is right next to ventura, but there's plenty to do up here. This meet will most likely be a simple g2g/BBQ. The driving part will be on your way up here. PCH is pretty scenic, but the 101 may be a little faster. We're only about an hour and a half north of LA, maybe 2 and a half from Riverside/San Bernardino. David will announce the times when the day gets closer, but I wouldn't imagine it going too late in the evening as he has a family.

Downtown Ventura has plenty of bars and pubs, nothing really big as far as night/dance clubs. Obviously we have the beach and harbor, but there's pool halls, bowling alleys, movies, golf, strip clubs and anything else you guys might be in to. For now lets just plan on hanging out with David, getting our grub on and chillin.

Ojai and Santa Barbara are also nearby and very nice. Both towns are home for a lot of celebrities and quite scenic places to cruise through. Ojai is a cool place to grab a bite to eat, cruise the canyons, hike and ride mountain bikes while Santa Barbara is a cool place to go shopping, walk around and enjoy a nice view along the coast. Downtown Ventura is probably your best bet because it's walking distance from everything. A couple blocks from the beach, great little cafes and restaurants, pubs, shops and a movie theater. We have a really nice mall as well.

Oxnard is cool too, lots of good restaurants and big department stores. It's right between Ventura and Camarillo. 30 minutes north of Malibu and 30 minutes south of Santa Barbara.

the governor 07-03-2008 10:22 AM

Sorry guys I'll be drunk in San Luis Obispo the weekend of the 12th. David I look forward to meeting you at SoCal Euro, I've already got my room booked.

lazoh 07-03-2008 02:35 PM

Ok, the updated list is:

list:
1) David - our host
2) Lazoh
3) Bobbak?
4) 318tifan
5) Hugo?
6) Jesse
7) Marv
8)
9)

Who else is going?

BMW_Hatchback 07-03-2008 04:51 PM

I'll be there in spirit.

I live in the soggy east coast :(

VROOMCP 07-03-2008 06:07 PM

That Saturday is pretty much open so whenever you guys decide you wanna show up is fine. I wanna get a head count a few days prior to the meet to place my order for tri-tip and chicken. sooooo good!

I have a pretty big garage and air tools just in case you wanna do some work on your ti's. If anyone has an S52 laying around bring it too...:smile:

I'm not sure what to expect, as this is the first time I host something like this but I'm sure everything will fall in place.

lazoh 07-03-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VROOMCP (Post 182850)
That Saturday is pretty much open so whenever you guys decide you wanna show up is fine. I wanna get a head count a few days prior to the meet to place my order for tri-tip and chicken. sooooo good!

I have a pretty big garage and air tools just in case you wanna do some work on your ti's. If anyone has an S52 laying around bring it too...:smile:

I'm not sure what to expect, as this is the first time I host something like this but I'm sure everything will fall in place.

Thanks for hosting us David and as per the list we should be 5 - 6 of us unless more people sign up. Hope fully we can at least have these many since the past couple of meets have been weak and only 2 - 3 people showing. Once again thank you and see you soon!!