318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   318 Ti Sport Sienna Compact info? (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12556)

RoadMage 09-22-2006 12:35 PM

318 Ti Sport Sienna Compact info?

Hi I have just bought a Ti Sport but it is a sienna model but I have no idea about this version. It's not red to make matters confusing so does anyone know what is different about this model?? Very nice car though :smile:

Thanks from the RoadMage

Tyler 09-22-2006 02:56 PM

Sorry i've never heard of that before are you sure thats what it's called? What year is the car and where are you located?

pdxmotorhead 09-22-2006 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadMage (Post 89217)
Hi I have just bought a Ti Sport but it is a sienna model but I have no idea about this version. It's not red to make matters confusing so does anyone know what is different about this model?? Very nice car though :smile:

Thanks from the RoadMage

Pics would help, Makes it easier for the hive mind to spot the differences. :)

Dave

mohaughn 09-22-2006 06:06 PM

I'm also curious where you saw it listed as the "Sienna Model." Was that on the book, or on the original window sticker? I've heard used car dealers make up all kinds of non-sense BS when it comes to selling cars.

Sienna Red is a BMW motorcycle color so my take is that if you have a red car somebody was trying to tell you that the color is somehow the model. Maybe a custom paint job..

bmwracerchick 09-22-2006 06:35 PM

yea definetly post some pictures up....I never heard of this either.

What year is it, does it have sport options like the 16" 5 spoke rims, Mtechnic body kit all around?

I am curious about this now lol

PettitWC 09-22-2006 06:39 PM

yo i'm trying to figure this out too. i've never heard of this

RoadMage 10-02-2006 05:15 PM

Okay folk post to BMW for help no idea how to post pictures om here. Will let you know what BMW say this is the only reference on the net I have found http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk/ins.html

RoadMage 10-02-2006 05:44 PM

The options on the car are the m-tech body and kit suspesion, it has the clear indicators on it as standard I think. 16" alloys m-tech steering wheel, gear changer, and handbrake. Sports seats and thats it I think. Nice to drive :smile:

bmwracerchick 10-03-2006 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoadMage (Post 90467)
The options on the car are the m-tech body and kit suspesion, it has the clear indicators on it as standard I think. 16" alloys m-tech steering wheel, gear changer, and handbrake. Sports seats and thats it I think. Nice to drive :smile:

Clear indicators on our car stock are ambers and people put clears on as a aftermarket, I have yet to see or hear of a factory ti coming with clear corner indicators but I could be wrong. Sounds like the typical sport version ti but I dunno, there is a lot about that link above your post that confuses me. A 318 TD compact? What in the world is that? Then they have the 318ti SE? Anyone know the answer to this one?

aceyx 10-03-2006 04:32 AM

Clear corners are factory in the EU. That's why you can now get them from US BMW dealers.

The 318TD is a turbo-diesel. Not sure about the SE, but I know the old "e" designation was for tuned-down motors (economy).

bmwracerchick 10-03-2006 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceyx (Post 90594)
Clear corners are factory in the EU. That's why you can now get them from US BMW dealers.

The 318TD is a turbo-diesel. Not sure about the SE, but I know the old "e" designation was for tuned-down motors (economy).

oooo ok that makes sense, I didnt know they came out with a turbo diesel for the ti, thats pretty cool.

What is it with europe getting glass headlights and clear corners and we dont...friggin US spec crap. I guess I can understand we have to have ambers for better reflection when the lights are off but why didnt they put glass headlights on our cars...

campaiar 10-03-2006 02:15 PM

I wonder if glass was required in Europe? It makes sense if it's not required in the states, they would save money by using plastic ones instead.

tastade 10-03-2006 02:36 PM

US required glass at one point, and that is why all the headlights were very boring. Once they allowed plastic the styles became much more interesting and flip headlights went away. Now after 10 or 15 years you find a lot of cars with pitted headlights do to the plastic. Can't win. At least it is easy to refinish plastic.

bmwracerchick 10-03-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tastade (Post 90615)
US required glass at one point, and that is why all the headlights were very boring. Once they allowed plastic the styles became much more interesting and flip headlights went away. Now after 10 or 15 years you find a lot of cars with pitted headlights do to the plastic. Can't win. At least it is easy to refinish plastic.

Yea my old car experienced that and still does, my mom drives my old car "chevy Lumina" When she got into an accident one of the headlights were replaced so it was nice shiny and new, the other one is all yellow and almost impossible to give out good light output. Now the new one is starting to cloud and its not even 3 years old the headlight.

Before I got my Depo's not the outside cover but the actual lense of the US plastic headlights started to cloud making one light duller then the other. I find it funny how this car was actually shipped from Germany at the time of purchase and still got the US spec parts put onto it. I wonder if US spec cars will come with glass headlights in the future again.

Anth2006 10-03-2006 08:19 PM

I am sure the (SE) stands for special equipment/edition which means it has added extras from BMW. e.g multi changer or AC and a sunroof (which is rare to find a car with both in the uk) etc etc.
Its quiet rare to find a E36 318ti SE i have never seen one.BMW brought the new E46 compact model out and the vast majority of these are SE models.
Just found an E36 compact SE on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-BMW-316I-...QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this has helped.