318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Personal bios and Introductions (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hey I'm Crash (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32213)

crash 11-30-2010 05:03 PM

Hey I'm Crash

Hi Guys
I'm Crash I'm 17 and live in the NE burbs of chicagoland and I am a Asian lover :lol:. And I'm hopefully going to get a 1995 318Ti on it's second engine that has a blown headgasket for free :D withen the next month.
Joined to start doing research on what I need to do to get this car fully running. The car has alot of new parts that were swaped right before the gasket was blown (hopefully nothing got to damaged from just sitting in a garage for 3+ years). New parts included new struts all around, new rotors and ceramic pads all round, and fresh all seasons didn't even get 100miles on them.

Well that's my story now the cars.
The car was given to my brother by a close freind of his because he didn't want to junk the car after the frist engine was blown. The car belonged to the freinds mom and she passed so he didn't have money to fix it. So it changed hands to my brother who found an engine with ~10k Miles on it from a wrecked bmw and replaced all the parts mentioned above. Of course the shop who did the engine swap screwed up (messicans lol I'm messican too) and broke the black plastic coolent pipe(don't remeber exact name at the moment) and instead of replacing it like they should have patched it to make it work that lasted ~120 miles and broke in the city and my brother (lacking any information about cars) drove the car 40+ miles back to town with that pipe broken which killed the head gasket. Pipe was replaced but it was too late the damage was done and it would have cost 1200+ for a head job my brother was broke at this point and the car has sat since.

Plans for the car:.
Complete Gasket replacment
Get heads check and smoothed
Get it running:
Timeing belt
NGK R plugs
Castrol Syntethic (sister has a 745i, freind has a 330ci both run this with great results in this weather)
replace coolent and bleed system
Replace brake fluid and bleed system
Replace hood with one that doesn't look like it went through a crusher lol

Feature plans:
Cold air
Body kit
18" m series wheels
Xenons with halos
and way into the future replace auto tranny with manuel and turbo.

Help?:
If anyone wants to do me the favor and link me to treads on head gasket replacement that would be awesome. :).
Schematics on engine & torque ratings
any info you may think I need

I'll get pics later if requested

Thanks
-Crash

John_in_VA 11-30-2010 05:33 PM

Welcome! Using the Knowledge Base threads and basic Search function for your topics of interest (as well as Spell Check) will take you far in your pursuit to get this car where you want it. The DIYs in the Knowledge Base are well-prepared and presented. You will also find information regarding the engine in a general E36 forum, such as http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...splay.php?f=14
Good luck!

crash 11-30-2010 05:35 PM

Thanks will use that and sorry work comps only have IE6(no spell check)

Ji Money 01-07-2011 12:52 AM

Hey crash, welcome to the site. Asian lover heh? :biggrin: I'm partial to caucasian women myself and I'm an Asian dude.

crash 01-07-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ji Money (Post 289248)
Hey crash, welcome to the site. Asian lover heh? :biggrin: I'm partial to caucasian women myself and I'm an Asian dude.

You wouldn't happen to be Filipino now would you lol

I'm Mexican with a nack for finding the rarest stuff I have one of only Vietnamese girls in town that isn't super brown lol

Ji Money 01-07-2011 02:34 AM

No I immigrated to the US from Korea. South Korea in case anyone else reading this gets suspicious!!

Canadian 01-07-2011 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash (Post 289249)
You wouldn't happen to be Filipino now would you lol

I'm pure flip and i'll tell ya, any race mixed with some pinoy...ohh my goodness it's a whole other story. :_pelvic2: You're a smart man for favoring orientals. No disrespect to the other females out there, I'm an all round brotha!

crash 01-07-2011 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian (Post 289263)
I'm pure flip and i'll tell ya, any race mixed with some pinoy...ohh my goodness it's a whole other story. :_pelvic2: You're a smart man for favoring orientals. No disrespect to the other females out there, I'm an all round brotha!

Man The stories I could tell you about the flips around here

I once got a FOB flip and OMG :_pelvic2:

Canadian 01-07-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash (Post 289264)
Man The stories I could tell you about the flips around here

I once got a FOB flip and OMG :_pelvic2:

Aha! Well i have yet to find a FOB but if azn girls where thermostats..They blow hott!! Anypoo good luck to your future repairs, just bought myself a 318 two months ago after i wreaked my 325. Can't wait to put some money into it this spring!! Oh and welcome to 318ti.org!

crash 01-07-2011 05:58 AM

Thanks Man But no thanks to the cold the repairs have been put off for warmer weather lol

Canadian 01-07-2011 06:22 AM

i hear you man, but at least we can save up! I'll hit you up in the spring!

tiFreak 01-08-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ji Money (Post 289254)
No I immigrated to the US from Korea. South Korea in case anyone else reading this gets suspicious!!

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...best-korea.jpg

sorry, just felt the need to post it :lol:

Canadian 01-08-2011 10:05 AM

Seems like a nice vacation spot :P

picabu 01-22-2011 05:37 PM

hey crash! Viet girls are the best! I married one :)

Ji Money 01-22-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiFreak (Post 289380)
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...best-korea.jpg

sorry, just felt the need to post it :lol:

ROFL! Oh **** that place is just a living nightmare...