318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Group Buy: SEAM S/C (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11053)

HuGo 06-15-2006 12:52 AM

Group Buy: SEAM S/C

I am interested in buying the supercharger by september. I understand that the stg 2 kit will cost maybe around 3,500. Anyone else also willing to purchase the kit by september should join the group buy. We dont know yet if SEAM would do a group buy for a discount but just incase we can start the group buy. So if you want to purchase the kit, join the group buy (if seam does do the discount)

READ CAREFULLY:
I will start a poll AS THE LIST. The poll will be the list of people who are going to join the group buy. (NOT, if you would want to buy the supercharger in the near future or if you had the money you would etc.) I will put "Interested" AS IN you are interested to buy the kit in september. I will put ".." as the second option but do not vote. REMEMBER the poll is THE LIST for the group buy. The poll will be public so that SEAM can see who are interested. Please, dont mess up the poll, its a group buy list.

cali-ti 06-15-2006 03:30 AM

i don't think you'll have many people "committing" until they've actually shown us a finished product. Greg indicated he would send one of the first production units to DustenT for install and comparison to the DASC. i'm personally waiting to (1) see the product (will likely be installed on their test mule) and (2) to hear Dusten's feedback on the product.

DustenT 06-15-2006 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cali-ti
i don't think you'll have many people "committing" until they've actually shown us a finished product. Greg indicated he would send one of the first production units to DustenT for install and comparison to the DASC. i'm personally waiting to (1) see the product (will likely be installed on their test mule) and (2) to hear Dusten's feedback on the product.

I completely agree. Nobody has seen a completed unit yet, so it's a bit early to start a group buy.

I'll be stopping out there at the end of July to see where they are with the kit.

Panzer_M 06-26-2006 09:05 AM

what going on with this? another KO/Midnight Deal?

HuGo 06-26-2006 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzer_M
what going on with this? another KO/Midnight Deal?

so your saying that seam a Midnight/KO is another similarity kit?

Panzer_M 06-26-2006 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1996Bmw318TI
so your saying that seam a Midnight/KO is another similarity kit?

I mean a pipedream kit, that doesn't do what the company promotes.

on a side note

Grassroots Motorsports just did a build up on a 91 318iS w/ early M42 with high miles.
they dyno'd 188whp on the setup, on of the first e30s to get the DASC also.

stormos 06-26-2006 04:11 PM

can we close this sh1t till we get a completed product. it's another road to nowhere....

HuGo 06-26-2006 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormos
can we close this sh1t till we get a completed product. it's another road to nowhere....

you can also never visit this thread again and it will be similar to closed for you.

DustenT 06-26-2006 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormos

I have to agree with Stormos, nobody have seen a completed kit yet. Apparently I'll be the first to see it when it's done, so just sit tight and relax. Gregg assured us that he wasn't going to market with this thing until it was ready to use.

Tyler 06-26-2006 08:27 PM

You want this closed? We can re-open the thread once the finished product is out..

HuGo 06-27-2006 01:07 AM

well let me know dusten cuz when i have the money on september, im ready to buy a supercharger. And i want all the power i can get without having engine problems in the future like Father's S/C

gobbstopper8923 04-30-2007 04:51 PM

actually... now that i think more about it.. i should probly wait until i rebuild my engine or get the engine swap

Viper3812 04-30-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobbstopper8923 (Post 117896)
actually... now that i think more about it.. i should probly wait until i rebuild my engine or get the engine swap

This supercharger no longer exists if it ever existed.

1996 328ti 04-30-2007 07:08 PM

Closed.