318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Personal bios and Introductions (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Hello from Hamburg (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44315)

Dennis 06-26-2018 07:29 AM

Hello from Hamburg

2 Attachment(s)
Hi! I'm Dennis and been reading here for a while since there is a lot of good information here on the forum.
I'm from Hamburg, Germany and bought my first 318ti in october 2017. I was always unsure about the look of the compact in general until I owned one myself. Since then I became a great fan of it because it's an awesome car. I never wanna miss it again. I hope it will last with me as long as possible.

It's a 1998 318ti, 188.000 km, Sport Edition, Hellrot.

I'll write some further information about it soon and post some pics. I try to keep it original, except some small mods.

ZEK 07-01-2018 06:20 PM

Guten Tag!! Very clean car. How is the 318Ti community in Germany? Looking forward to seeing more photos.

Dennis 07-05-2018 07:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
As promised I'll write some further information. I bought the 318ti in october 2017. Before I owned a BMW E36 316i compact. The car was in bad condition and I only used it for transports. A lot of parts were worn, the paint was awful and the car had several issues. At first I had the idea to build it up in rat style, but as time passed I liked the idea of buying an 318ti.

I fixed some issued and replaced a lot of parts.

- new Bilstein B4 Shock Aborbers
- Eibach 30 mm Sport Springs
- H&R anti roll bar
- Powerflex bushings for anti rollbar mount
- front roll bar mounting was rusted and a new one was welded in
- New Meyle control arms
- leather handbrake handle
- Pioneer DAB+ radio installed
- Axton subwoofer installed
- M3 front lip
- yellow fog lamps
- both indicators replaced
- BMW Motorsport dome caps
- automatic fading mirror
- arm rest
- florr mats
- new ATE rear brakes

And several other parts that were broken or scratched.
Finally it got an aircondition service, new spark plugs and brake fuid. Engine oil was also replaced.
More things are about to come, so stay tuned.

Hatchbacker 07-06-2018 12:19 AM

Moin Moin Dennis,

Willkommen im Forum :biggrin:

Gruss,

Uwe

Dennis 07-29-2018 01:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Last year I was able to get an oem rack system on eBay. Last week I ordered the 350 roof box at the local BMW dealer. As soon as it arrives, I will mount it onto the ti.
I'm thinking of painting it hellrot, so it matches the ti. I'll visit some paint shops to see, if it's necessary and what it will cost.
I'll post some new pictures, as soon as the box is mounted.

@Uwe: Hallo nach Michigan!

John Firestone 07-29-2018 08:59 PM

Ohhhh, that car looks nice.

It appears the windshield washing fluid is showing the effects of the drought. :wink:

With greetings from Fischtown.

Dennis 07-29-2018 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Firestone (Post 389047)
It appears the windshield washing fluid is showing the effects of the drought. :wink:

Yes, need to refill asap. :wink:

ZEK 07-31-2018 10:22 PM

Looking very good!

Hatchbaker- I’m in Lake Orion a few weekends out of the month if you ever need any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro