318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Exhausts (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Stromung Exhaust is Loud! (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4832)

moku 03-18-2005 04:43 AM

Stromung Exhaust is Loud!

I just installed a Stromung exhaust and it really sounds loud. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm used to the quiet stock exhaust, but it definitely rumbles. I like the tone, but it just seems louder than I anticipated.

For those of you that have a Stromung, does it get quieter or louder?

m44ic 03-18-2005 04:47 AM

in theory if you are s/c your exhuast will be louder than the same car thats not s/c

L84THSKY 03-18-2005 05:53 AM

When I first installed mine, it sounded like I had no muffler. After awhile, you get used to the louder sound. Eventually, it starts sounding like a nice low rumble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moku
I just installed a Stromung exhaust and it really sounds loud. I'm not sure if it's just because I'm used to the quiet stock exhaust, but it definitely rumbles. I like the tone, but it just seems louder than I anticipated.

For those of you that have a Stromung, does it get quieter or louder?

moku 03-18-2005 06:22 AM

Thanks for the replies... I'll hold out and see if things improve, because I do like the tone. I'm just hoping it doesn't stay as loud.

bimmerboi318 03-21-2005 03:41 PM

Yeah it should even out a bit. At first, the whole car resonated. But it turned into a nice even tone. I've had mine for about a year i think? It's sounding nice.

moku 03-22-2005 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bimmerboi318
Yeah it should even out a bit. At first, the whole car resonated. But it turned into a nice even tone. I've had mine for about a year i think? It's sounding nice.

That's exactly how it feels right now... the exhaust just resonates throughout the cabin.

I feel a little better knowing that it won't stay that way. I think it's just that initial shock of the change in exhaust tone; which I think I'm starting to get used to.

moku 03-25-2005 01:21 AM

Update: Not as loud anymore

It's been over a week now since installing the Stromung and I think I've broken it in a bit because it doesn't seem as loud as it did the first day.

I think I had some initial shock as well because of the difference in exhaust tone, but now it seems to only really gets loud under acceleration (particularly between 2500 - 3000 RPM).

I really like the tone, but those first few days had me questioning my decision to get Stromung.

sKunkman 03-25-2005 07:16 PM

Whats wrong with a loud exhaust anyway? As long as it's not ricey...a deep growl from a 4cyl engine sounds intimidating.

moku 04-03-2005 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sKunkman
Whats wrong with a loud exhaust anyway? As long as it's not ricey...a deep growl from a 4cyl engine sounds intimidating.

Nothing if you want it to be loud. I wanted a nice tone that was a little aggressive, but not ricey. In the first week, the Stromung was boomy and resonated loudly in the cabin. But since breaking it in, it has a much better tone. I'm much happier with it now.

Panzer_M 04-03-2005 12:00 PM

I want a LOUD exhaust. heh. least it will sound like it's got a pair.

Getting the SuperSprint Racing Resonator and thinking of getting the Stromung over the Supesprint exhaust, as I like the lines of the Strom more.

city 04-03-2005 03:37 PM

I think the Supersprint is better, Loud exhausts are fun for a while until you get headaches from listening to it growl for hours. The Supersprint has a nice quieter tone and is only *growly* (that even a word lol) when your just taking off or slowing down to a stop. It also sounds intimidating while its idling. I have had this exhaust only with my SC so it may be a bit different without a DASC.

L84THSKY 04-05-2005 04:57 AM

Now that I have the Carbonio cold air intake AND the Stromung exhaust, it sounds even more bad ass. :evil_lau:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panzer_M
I want a LOUD exhaust. heh. least it will sound like it's got a pair.

Getting the SuperSprint Racing Resonator and thinking of getting the Stromung over the Supesprint exhaust, as I like the lines of the Strom more.

Panzer_M 04-08-2005 05:37 AM

link to your CAI?