318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cruise Control actuator and control unit (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14460)

mohaughn 02-21-2007 04:40 PM

Cruise Control actuator and control unit

Anybody want a cruise control actuator? Right now I have the unit that mounts up behind the driver side headlights and the mounting bracket that holds it down.

The bowden cable is attached but the rubber grommet that holds the cable into the throttle body fell apart when I pushed it out. So you will probably need a new bowden cable. It is about 20$ at the dealer.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...52&hg=66&fg=20

So 3, 4, and 7 is what I believe is all in one piece. I also have 8 and 9, the plastic piece that holds the cable to the throttle plate and the little metal clip that holds the bowden cable onto the strut tower. $40 shipped.

I'll take a picture and post part numbers when I get home. I wasn't sure which unit was the cruise control unit so once I've checked my bentleys and make sure I'm removing the right unit I will also have the cruise control unit. I need to look at how the stalk mounts to the steering column to see if I want to remove that.

The control unit will probably be 75$.

L84THSKY 02-21-2007 05:15 PM

I may be interested in some of the parts. I have the actuator, and the bracket, but maybe not all the misc parts, under the hood.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohaughn (Post 107703)
Anybody want a cruise control actuator? Right now I have the unit that mounts up behind the driver side headlights and the mounting bracket that holds it down.

The bowden cable is attached but the rubber grommet that holds the cable into the throttle body fell apart when I pushed it out. So you will probably need a new bowden cable. It is about 20$ at the dealer.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...52&hg=66&fg=20

So 3, 4, and 7 is what I believe is all in one piece. I also have 8 and 9, the plastic piece that holds the cable to the throttle plate and the little metal clip that holds the bowden cable onto the strut tower. $40 shipped.

I'll take a picture and post part numbers when I get home. I wasn't sure which unit was the cruise control unit so once I've checked my bentleys and make sure I'm removing the right unit I will also have the cruise control unit. I need to look at how the stalk mounts to the steering column to see if I want to remove that.

The control unit will probably be 75$.

mohaughn 02-21-2007 07:54 PM

OK. First dibs will go to whomever wants the entire thing. Some of the small parts are so cheap that it may not be worth it to me to box them up and ship them. Let me know what little things you are looking for. If nobody else wants it, we can probably work something out.

aceyx 02-22-2007 01:42 AM

You're asking $110 then?

mohaughn 02-22-2007 01:52 AM

Sure. I'll take 110$ for both the actuator and the control module. I should be able to get it out of the car before Saturday, the control module that is. So I probably can't ship it all until Saturday or Monday.

L84THSKY 02-22-2007 01:55 AM

What about parts 2 & 11 in the picture, what are they? Do you have them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohaughn (Post 107818)
Sure. I'll take 110$ for both the actuator and the control module. I should be able to get it out of the car before Saturday, the control module that is. So I probably can't ship it all until Saturday or Monday.

mohaughn 02-22-2007 02:21 AM

Not sure. I haven't look at how the control unit mounts up under the dash. I do know that there is a cluster of wires behind where the stock dead pedal is. I mounted an aluminum dead pedal to the side wall right in front of those wires. I'm guessing the control unit just plugs right in.

Can you remove the wiring for the cruise control in one bundle?

L84THSKY 02-22-2007 02:35 AM

I dunno, I have a new harness to install anyway. The control box goes behind the glove, so that is where this bracket must go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohaughn (Post 107824)
Not sure. I haven't look at how the control unit mounts up under the dash. I do know that there is a cluster of wires behind where the stock dead pedal is. I mounted an aluminum dead pedal to the side wall right in front of those wires. I'm guessing the control unit just plugs right in.

Can you remove the wiring for the cruise control in one bundle?

mohaughn 02-22-2007 03:13 AM

Ahhh.. OK. I've not even looked for the module yet. From that picture it looked like it was in the driver side kick panel... If those are the brackets holding the control unit in I should have them. Something is holding it in.. :)

Although I do recall that the EWS is plugged into a bigger array that has a bracket to hold all of it. If I can get a picture of how the control unit is mounted would that help you?