318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Parting out & Parts (US) (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Misc parts Thule roof rack with fit kit for 1998 318ti (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40872)

Babbsy 11-04-2014 04:34 PM

Thule roof rack with fit kit for 1998 318ti

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

I'm selling my Thule roof rack. Set comes with

48" aero bars
44" fairing (one clip is broken but doesn't affect usability and replacements can be found online for cheap)
4 feet + fit kit I was able to piece together that worked great for my 1998 318ti

Selling for $200 OBO

Local pickup for free in the DC area or $30 shipping

I also have a Thule sidearm bike rack that has seen some wear and probably needs some new nuts and bolts that I can throw in if interested...it's not in amazing shape so I wouldn't bother charging for it. Maybe just throw in a few more bucks to cover shipping.

Thanks!

M-technik-3 11-09-2014 03:14 PM

If you have this when I get back from my next trip sometime next week I might take you up on it. Would be nice to have a rack that fits my M3 & Ti.

Do you have a paypal account?

Babbsy 11-09-2014 06:04 PM

I do have paypal. Just let me know if you're still interested when I get back.

Thanks!

L84THSKY 11-10-2014 03:28 PM

Wow, I have the exact same setup. Aero bars, and two Thule sidearms. I left the sidearms on all year, and the hardware was so rusty, I had to saw off the bolts to remove the racks. I just moved to Manassas from NY, where in VA are you?

Eric

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbsy (Post 367666)
Hi Everyone,

I'm selling my Thule roof rack. Set comes with

48" aero bars
44" fairing (one clip is broken but doesn't affect usability and replacements can be found online for cheap)
4 feet + fit kit I was able to piece together that worked great for my 1998 318ti

Selling for $200 OBO

Local pickup for free in the DC area or $30 shipping

I also have a Thule sidearm bike rack that has seen some wear and probably needs some new nuts and bolts that I can throw in if interested...it's not in amazing shape so I wouldn't bother charging for it. Maybe just throw in a few more bucks to cover shipping.

Thanks!

Babbsy 11-10-2014 04:57 PM

Hey Eric,

I'm pretty close to there. in the Alexandria area.

Yeah, I had the same problem with the sidearm. The braces as well as the bolts are all rusted that's why I'm just offering it to someone if they want it. The rack itself has held up quite nicely its just the mounting pieces of the sidearm that has become quite a mess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L84THSKY (Post 367797)
Wow, I have the exact same setup. Aero bars, and two Thule sidearms. I left the sidearms on all year, and the hardware was so rusty, I had to saw off the bolts to remove the racks. I just moved to Manassas from NY, where in VA are you?

Eric

L84THSKY 11-11-2014 01:16 AM

Yeah, all I need it new hardware, but I think I'm gonna put a hitch on my new car, and use the hitch mount Thule system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbsy (Post 367800)
Hey Eric,

I'm pretty close to there. in the Alexandria area.

Yeah, I had the same problem with the sidearm. The braces as well as the bolts are all rusted that's why I'm just offering it to someone if they want it. The rack itself has held up quite nicely its just the mounting pieces of the sidearm that has become quite a mess.