318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Cars for Sale (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   PA 97 318ti DASC (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44022)

cmoore 11-29-2017 11:12 PM

97 318ti DASC

5 Attachment(s)
SOLD, feel free to remove. Sold to 318ti.org member!

Car is an active model. 5-speed, about 175K on it. Maybe 1000 miles since low mileage DASC install - was told about 30K on the DASC (but I have no way to prove that). Was installed locally by BMW mechanic at home who does work in his home garage that has a lift, so not exactly a DIY.

At the end of this posting is a link to an ad from a while back when I attempted to sell prior to the DASC install to clear space in my driveway garage for a renovation we were about to undertake. Sadly, renovation is winding down and a lot of bills are coming due so its back on the market to help pay to finish the renovation. And my apologies for not parking the car next to a windy road freshly waxed to take better, sexier pictures, i just don't have time. There are more pictures in the other ad - and we all know what they look like. And if there is something you really need to see, I can take specific photos of that, etc.

Will quickly list some of the upgrades/recent maintenance at time of DASC install: (I have #'s somewhere for leakdown and compression test prior to the DASC install just to make sure its worth doing with the motor with this mileage)

Bilstein/HR sport
DS-1 rims with tires 2-3K miles on them
Sport model sway bars with new end links.
Reinforced plates for shock/strut mounts.
braided brake lines
larger e46 328 new, vented rotors brakes/calipers/brackets
rebuilt steering rack
cooling system overhaul
most recently new supersprint cat back.

probably a bunch of other miscellaneous things - have had the car for maybe 5-6 years by now, slowly improving and upgrading things over time.

comes with a ton of parts - see previous ad - more since.

http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40819

still, won't try to suggest car is perfect.
small rust bubbles at rear quarters,
bad front fender repair showing through (from PO) but I have a montreal blue OEM fender waiting to be installed.
headliner sagging
a-pillars badly repaired
check engine light on for missing DISA (havent got a chip yet)
ABS light for seat belt tensioner
a few parking lot dings and such but its a driver car more than a show car.

While I am anxious to offset some upcoming bills, I won't give the car away, I am not that desperate to sell, but maybe a little.

Looking for $4500. We all know what the DASC is worth, recently was offered $2500 just for that. So that plus 2K for car seems pretty reasonable. Probably not the ideal time to be selling a car like this going into the winter in the northeast/mid atlantic, but maybe it would make a nice Christmas present for someone who already has heat in their house.

If you have questions PM or email me, 267-235-8599

(And/OR selling a 116k mile 98 Z3 with the aluminum 2.8 - which would make a great car for a lightweight 318ti swap)

manydubs 11-30-2017 05:47 PM

Sell the DASC and car separately. You be able to move the DASC quickly.

cmoore 11-30-2017 06:20 PM

dasc

Yes, the DASC can sell easily by itself, and I have been offered $2500 for it already. But renovation doesn't give me the time, so if someone really wants just the DASC that badly, then they can pull it off the car, restore the M44 back, and sell the car separately themselves. The brand new exhaust is worth a lot, the wheels, seats, suspension could easily bring my asking price +, but I don't want a car that doesn't run sitting in my driveway taking up space.

Open to offers.

runnr548 12-04-2017 04:40 AM

Cool Ti! GLWS!

cmoore 12-12-2017 11:53 PM

SOLD - feel free to remove

Thanks for the ad. May be back again one day. And if i come across random loose parts in garage, I may put them up.