318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Exterior (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   aftermarket headlights (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39125)

Pinion 09-20-2013 08:15 PM

aftermarket headlights

looking to change my headlights. looking to modify from stock.
Any pics of some, ebay is too scary to just buy a pair

Lbcnu24 09-21-2013 06:43 PM

Welp, take a look at my pictures. Those are Depos, Chrome, and glass. They got Halos, which were installed by Depo. Very nice set. They make the car. The blacked out Depos are more expensive. The package deal comes with corners too. I bought from ebay. No hassles. Very promising!

R111S 09-22-2013 10:10 PM

I got E36 DJ Auto European Headlights (ZKW Type MBM101-00R/L0) with 35W 5000K HID Low beam Bulbs and White Light LED Angel Eyes from DDM Tuning for $242 shipped. They came with Halogen High beam Bulbs too. It took some trial and error (perseverance wins the day) to aim them correctly and I had to move the Alarm Horn but very pleased overall.

Pinion 09-22-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R111S (Post 354177)
I got E36 DJ Auto European Headlights (ZKW Type MBM101-00R/L0) with 35W 5000K HID Low beam Bulbs and White Light LED Angel Eyes from DDM Tuning for $242 shipped. They came with Halogen High beam Bulbs too. It took some trial and error (perseverance wins the day) to aim them correctly and I had to move the Alarm Horn but very pleased overall.

any pics?

marleymon 09-23-2013 12:42 AM

I have depos (installed by the po) and they are nice however after research, the plastic is cheap and lot's of people (now including me) had the slide brackets for the corner light break with ridiculous ease. Now the headlight is basically useless. I have read you can zip tie the corner in place, I havent gotten there yet so mine is taped for the moment.
I guess maybe i'd avoid depos...:redface:

Pinion 09-23-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleymon (Post 354187)
I have depos (installed by the po) and they are nice however after research, the plastic is cheap and lot's of people (now including me) had the slide brackets for the corner light break with ridiculous ease. Now the headlight is basically useless. I have read you can zip tie the corner in place, I havent gotten there yet so mine is taped for the moment.

thanks for the info

Lbcnu24 09-23-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marleymon (Post 354187)

I didnt know that shizer

R111S 09-23-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinion (Post 354181)
any pics?

I don't put my photos on a hosting site so sorry no pics. They do look good. I suggest doing a search on bimmerforums or some other BMW Enthusiast Website for "DJ Auto E36". The German BMW Websites definitely have even more variety of Headlight solutions.

Lbcnu24 09-26-2013 05:46 PM

Pinion! Check this thread out at our brothers website.... It speaks of issues and known problems/adjustments....

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=278115

As I stated before, my purchase was nice, got everything... I didnt install them, however to my dismay, the Depos were brittle and break easy when attaching the corners on. There were two versions of Depos, one with non LED halos and one with... I got the ones that were not LED, cause I thought they were CCFL... Which are bright, not super bright... What I received were halogen like... I was pissed! Didnt look like anything in the picture...

This threAd that I shared explains DJ AUTO reviews... You may like them... Cheers

I'm on my way to ordering a replacement set.... But which ones... Chrome or smoked is the question?

Pinion 09-26-2013 07:07 PM

did already, thanks. seems everyone is stuck on one kind of headlight, looking to go outside the box a bit more

R111S 09-28-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinion (Post 354363)
did already, thanks. seems everyone is stuck on one kind of headlight, looking to go outside the box a bit more

www.Autoanything.com has a large selection of Anzo USA and IPCW E36 Headlights. Nearly all of them have integrated the Turn Signal Corner section into the Headlight housing. Be sure to select the Sedan units (not the Coupe) since our Corners are Sedan style.