318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   WTT: Club Sport Red Milli. Interior for Black M3 leather (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35746)

JustinH 03-15-2012 04:58 AM

WTT: Club Sport Red Milli. Interior for Black M3 leather

Is this ridiculous that I am considering taking the red interior out of my club sport? I would only trade it for the black 'vader' leather interior. I just love those seats.

Anyone interested? It would have to be local in New England. I have a shop we can do the swap at. MY seats could use a shampoo, but no major rips or tears in them.

mtlblue 03-15-2012 05:34 AM

I would have liked to do the same swap, and there's some nice vaders available locally if I wanted to do this, but most would comment that the sport seats are better then the vaders for comfort and support, the sports look good too ;-) and are hard to find. you should keep your clubsport stock if you care about its long term value

BimmerBum 03-15-2012 05:30 PM

We put a set of vaders in our M50 Club Sport. Vaders look good but I much prefer feel of the sport seats.

Make sure you like the feel before you do the swap... after all you cannot see much of the seat when you are in it.

zoner 03-15-2012 05:41 PM

Is it ridiculous? IMO, yes, but if it would allow you to enjoy your car more, I say do it.

However, with a car as rare as the Club Sport, or any rare or limited edition car, for that matter, you never want to make modifications to the car that cannot be easily reversed without affecting the integrity of the car or will diminish the value of the car in the long run. Something like seats are easy to change out, I would just hang on to them and make sure that they are stored properly (condition the leather occasionally, etc.).

JustinH 03-16-2012 02:32 AM

Thanks for the input guys..I agree about the originality aspect.

With that said, the rarity of the car has no allure to me. I should probably try to trade it straight up for another ti sport in a color that I actually like. (Calling you white or blue ti owners!)

zoner 03-16-2012 02:40 AM

What kind of shape is it in? If it's in good shape and you're just looking for a clean ti to modify to your liking, then I'm sure that at least a few people on this forum would be willing to trade or you could sell it and probably make enough money to buy a very clean ti AND pay for a set of clean vaders...

JustinH 03-16-2012 02:45 AM

It's beat up on the exterior..A couple parking lot dings, rust bubbling the pain on the rear fenders, and a crack on the rear bumper. The paint shines nice when detailed.

I'm an auto tech as my profession so I have sunk a lot of oem replacement stuff into it. I would call it very well maintained. It does have a broken rear coil spring that I have yet to sort.

I will think it over and possibly put up a proper thread in the appropriate section in the near future.

I saw a sick white sport on here and was drooling at the pictures...Dont remember who it belonged to.