318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   CA 1998 Sierra Red complete+total part-out (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33669)

318ti-redu 06-08-2011 07:20 AM

1998 Sierra Red complete+total part-out

5 Attachment(s)
Update: Sold my E46. Using money from that to finally finish fixing the 318ti. I'm sure you guys understand why. Thanks for all inquiries and hope you find what you need.

This is a 1998 318ti auto with what is basically a new engine. Niece drove car with blown head gasket which caused a small irreparable hairline crack to the head. Head was replaced and had a valve job done a few months back. Engine block was checked, honed, and pistons were given new seals. Engine has less than 5 miles on it. Interior is black with gray pillars and headliner.

This car was to be bought over Memorial Day weekend but the buyer had a change of heart, so this is finally being completely parted out. I've tried to save it from this sad outcome, but I have neither any more time nor money available to be able to finish fixing it. Everything is up for grabs. EVERYTHING.

Here's a list of what is either wrong, damaged, or missing (much shorter than listing what is still good):

- Rear lid/deck/shelf missing
- Rear hatch seal (rubbery one) has chunk missing out of it
- Driver's side door: missing mirror, dented door, missing interior door panel
- Driver's side fender dented
- Floor mats missing
- Antenna: non-OEM brand
- Rear bumper clear coat fading in a few spots
- Front shroud (nose panel) bent in one spot
- Major sagging at the headliner, moonroof, and some sagging at pillars

Prefer to sell engine whole and not take apart. Many, many new OEM parts were put in. Everything inside and out can be taken apart, unless parts are integral with other part.

If there is something you need, please PM me. PLEASE DO NOT POST MESSAGE IN THE THREAD. I would like to keep the thread available for updating what is sold.

When PMing please send me the part(s) you need (part numbers would be great) and zip where items would be going to give you a shipping estimate.

Thanks.

cooljess76 06-08-2011 07:32 AM

PM sent. Where are you located?

Edit; found your zip in an old thread. 91030-South Pasadena for other SoCal members that may be interested.

Marv17 06-09-2011 08:47 AM

I'm Interested in some parts. I am also local and can pull the parts out myself. Not looking for mogle parts just some body stuff an interior pieces.

lazoh 06-09-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv17 (Post 302567)
I'm Interested in some parts. I am also local and can pull the parts out myself. Not looking for mogle parts just some body stuff an interior pieces.

PM him as per his instructions for parts needed, I don't think he will reply to you here.

Marv17 06-09-2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazoh (Post 302578)
PM him as per his instructions for parts needed, I don't think he will reply to you here.

I already did :p

cooljess76 06-09-2011 09:50 PM

I sent a PM just moments after he started this thread while he was still logged on, still no reply.

318ti-redu 06-10-2011 04:55 PM

Sorry guys for not responding sooner. Have had jury duty this week and also having to take care of other things. Will get back to all PMs this weekend.

Noneone2 06-12-2011 01:08 PM

pm sent

Marv17 06-15-2011 06:35 PM

so whats the word?

318ti-redu 06-16-2011 05:18 AM

Sorry guys for not getting back to you sooner. I've been busy getting my E46 ready to go out the door. It is being sold and hope to have check cleared by this weekend. Once it's gone I will need to keep the 318 to have something to drive around. It is strictly a money issue so I'm sure you all will understand. So as of now, parts are not available, unless I have extras. I will PM those who have requested parts with the news.

Thanks for all the inquiries.

318ti-redu 06-22-2011 10:57 PM

Please close this thread.