318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   SoCal IE Shop recommendations --> regulators/AC/RadFan (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42681)

anassa 08-08-2016 02:00 PM

SoCal IE Shop recommendations --> regulators/AC/RadFan

So I will be back in the U.S. in a month! And my parents were kind enough to offer to bring my ti to a shop to get some basics fixed.

1st : A/C - the mechanical parts works for sure - there is a fuse that keeps blowing, I used to know it off the top of my head but its been a year. I think it might be related to my Radiator Fan also not working. - so rad fan needs replacing, and that might fix everything if the fuse is also replaced again, or some basic electrical checks are needed to figure out why the A/C doesn't work.

2nd: Both windows and now sunroof need lube/regulators and some love in general.

It would be awesome to get back to the U.S. with a car with working windows and A/C! Not much to ask I think :tongue:

I don't really know any shops.. since I did most of my work myself. But if someone has a trusted place let me know please!

Thanks.

--- Oh my parents live in Rancho Cucamonga, and I left my car by them.

anassa 08-12-2016 12:51 AM

wow... its completely dead in the world of 318ti.org huh? oh well, happens.

BlackBMWs 08-12-2016 03:42 AM

:) I can help you for NorCal, but no so much for SoCal. Maybe Bryan can help out! :cool:

anassa 08-12-2016 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBMWs (Post 381708)
:) I can help you for NorCal, but no so much for SoCal. Maybe Bryan can help out! :cool:

Ya I understand, but just the thought warms my heart a little. :tongue: haha, but ya I didn't think of asking Bryan, I will shoot him a pm.

Ulysses 08-12-2016 03:59 PM

In San Diego I would send you to Independent Motorcar owned by Chris Keefer. He's in the Miramar area and does great work, sadly its a bit far from Rancho Cucamonga.

anassa 08-12-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulysses (Post 381714)
In San Diego I would send you to Independent Motorcar owned by Chris Keefer. He's in the Miramar area and does great work, sadly its a bit far from Rancho Cucamonga.

Thanks man! ya, I looked it up, a good two hour drive, for some quality work I would do that myself but no way will I send my parents to help me out for that!

Thanks!

BlackBMWs 08-12-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anassa (Post 381713)
Ya I understand, but just the thought warms my heart a little. :tongue: haha, but ya I didn't think of asking Bryan, I will shoot him a pm.

Yes, maybe Javier/Panda or Jerry/Zoner can recommend a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anassa 08-15-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBMWs (Post 381717)
Yes, maybe Javier/Panda or Jerry/Zoner can recommend a shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks again! I am looking forward to being back in the area!

740isport 08-22-2016 07:18 PM

Sure wish I could help, but in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, I'm no help at all. And any others I would recommend would be in San Diego. A good 2 hours from you. Baron's in Miramar would have been my first recommendation.

anassa 08-26-2016 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 740isport (Post 381828)
Sure wish I could help, but in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties, I'm no help at all. And any others I would recommend would be in San Diego. A good 2 hours from you. Baron's in Miramar would have been my first recommendation.

Thanks for the thought!

I'm trying the shop that Bryan recommend so will see how that goes.