318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   I'm thinking about buying a ti. (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Thinking about buying this ti California Edition (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30670)

Mike ti 05-29-2010 06:23 AM

Thinking about buying this ti California Edition

http://hotwheelsfl.com/pictures/1057

I'm going to offer 3500 and go from there, but I've been looking over the pictures, and the one of the front end just at the front bumper looks it bit banged up, but no other pictures showing the damage. What do you guys think? I would really like a California Edition which cultivates both my love of the ti and of convertibles. If I dont think this is legit or I go and they give me the runaround; I've got another ti I'm thinking of buying for 2600 that doesnt even have a sunroof, so I suppose I just want input and advice. Thanks everyone.

Mike

:biggrin:

SDKmann 05-29-2010 06:38 AM

$5k is way too much for that car especially with that damage on the bumper and nose panel. Unfortunately I highly doubt that they will take $3500 as it is a fair amount lower than what they are asking. If you could get it at $4k I don't think it would be a terrible buy. I sold my 96 Cali for $3k last year with 140k miles on the clock and the car definitely wasn't perfect. The interior was a bit rough in places and the exterior had a number of blemishes in the paint and a few dents. So if that is the only damage on the car and it actually has 102k miles on it 4k should be a good deal.

Mike ti 05-29-2010 06:44 AM

Well, it comes down to what I want to do. I have enough for the car at 3500 and a few months insurance now. I have a seasonal job so insurance money in the offseason is always tight. So its either try and get the car at $3500 or wait until September when I'll have around $5000 to spend. With ti's the pop up randomly around the state here and there but this is the first California Edition that I've seen. Just a bit nervous to pass it up. But we'll see and thanks for the input. All opinions are welcome.

chudzikb 05-29-2010 12:21 PM

I say stick to your plan. It is an auto, not as desirable, my $$$$ says they will seriously consider your offer as I doubt they have that much cash in the car. Not a lot of people are willing to cough up that much cash for a car with over 100K on the clock. But, then again there are not a lot of people that are as nuts as we are!

GL! I hope it works out for you.

tiFreak 05-30-2010 12:17 AM

hard to tell, but it looks like it doesn't even have a turn signal on the side where it's damaged, could be a decent project car if you get it cheap but it's possible you might end up with more of a project than you wanted

Mike ti 05-30-2010 01:06 AM

Yeah, I was staring at that corner for about 5 minutes trying to see if there was a turn signal there or not. I dont mind projects, as long as they run. And I've got a good friend who is a mechanic and he said he'd help me out if I ever needed anything. Also found a machine shop that makes gears by request. Some hole in the wall place but if it works. And thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. Any more opinions?

3liter914-6 05-31-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike ti (Post 272433)
Yeah, I was staring at that corner for about 5 minutes trying to see if there was a turn signal there or not. I dont mind projects, as long as they run. And I've got a good friend who is a mechanic and he said he'd help me out if I ever needed anything. Also found a machine shop that makes gears by request. Some hole in the wall place but if it works. And thanks for the advice I really appreciate it. Any more opinions?

If you want a CA top, I have a 5-speed '96 that's overall pretty nice, a few issues but nothing that couldn't be knocked out in a few weekends of tinkering.

I'm in PA, but my GF has a house in Tampa (Port Ritchey, to be specific) that's going to hell and I'm probably going to be making a trip down to kick some asses and clean up some messes very soon. If you're interested we can work out some terms and I can drive that down instead of flying, or driving something else.

PM or email me if you're interested in more details.

Thanks.

Mike ti 05-31-2010 11:32 PM

Very interested, sent you an email!