318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What did you do to your car today? v.2018 (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42517)

rbush 11-11-2017 10:54 AM

I accidently set my car on fire

after replacing the drive shaft, head gasket, new transmission filter and fluid, differential gear lube, new oil pan gasket, new harmonic balancer, water pump, thermostat, hoses, vacuum lines, spark plugs and wires, new tires, window regulators, fuel filter, new radiator and antifreeze, wheel bearings, valve cover gasket, had the head milled and new valve seals, replaced the bushings and tie rods and most of the rest of the front end suspension, I finally got to the end where I could get it back on the road. I was waiting on o-rings for the injectors and decided to test the injectors. I turned the engine over with the key and it all caught on fire. all the engine wiring harness, battery, and various controls in the engine compartment burnt. windshield and parts of the dash and liner, seats, burnt. I am sick. not sure what I'm going to do with it now. anyways thats what I did with my Ti today. I'm lucky the garage didn't burn down or got hurt. but I'm still just sick.thank you all for the excellent advice thru the years. it has been great to get to know all of you. thank you.

BlackBMWs 11-13-2017 01:56 AM

Oh man, glad you and your garage is OK. Very sorry to hear about your car. Where are you located? If you decide to put it back together, I have spare stuff...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbush 11-13-2017 11:23 AM

springfield, mo. I am going to take some pics today and try to post them

BlackBMWs 11-13-2017 03:52 PM

I just reread that the dash and seats were damaged as well? Ya, you are very lucky. I suspect totaled at this point at much of the wiring may be toast.

Salvage and transfer parts and engine to another shell. So sorry dude...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan 11-22-2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbush (Post 387153)
after replacing (...) it has been great to get to know all of you. thank you.

You did lots of work and probably spent quite a bit of money and its just.. I dont know. I literarly cant imagine how would i feel if that happened to me.

Here is what I did... I reglued all door (yeah both) linings and linings next to back seats few days ago... It was prety much falling apart and now they are as good as new.
Also changed out my thermostat this evening. Im literary amazed how good new thermostat works... and now i know how its actually supposed to work. Such a great experience now, can imagine how much difference it will make when it gets even colder outside.. its around 5 degrees celsius now

2spicey 12-30-2017 06:09 AM

How much she weighs???

I have been wondering for a while how much my Ti registers on the scales... today I took her to a weighbridge and, without that heavy spare wheel and steel cradle, 1/4 tank of fuel, my non air-con model weighed 1140kg. I am about to join the 328Ti club. Brought a z3 m52b28 last week with low km on it, a m50 manifold and molly flywheel. The next few months will see a... lot of late nights:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

P.S Happy new year everyone

BlackBMWs 12-31-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2spicey (Post 387644)
I have been wondering for a while how much my Ti registers on the scales... today I took her to a weighbridge and, without that heavy spare wheel and steel cradle, 1/4 tank of fuel, my non air-con model weighed 1140kg. I am about to join the 328Ti club. Brought a z3 m52b28 last week with low km on it, a m50 manifold and molly flywheel. The next few months will see a... lot of late nights:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

P.S Happy new year everyone

PIcs as you go forth... cheers! :cool:

jggonzalez 03-31-2018 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just installed a set of aluminum pedal covers on Trixie. They look and feel great.

https://pix.sfly.com/QDzjyk

apexspeedtech 04-01-2018 06:34 PM

I'm overseas visiting family for the holiday, but I just ordered a subwoofer to compliment the new head unit front and rear main speakers I installed a few weeks ago, can't wait to get home and install it!

Bozola 04-02-2018 01:23 AM

Friday, I replaced 10 speakers with a bav sound 10 speaker set.