318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Bavauto springs (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8426)

andyman7931 01-10-2006 04:00 PM

Bavauto springs

Who has the bavarian autosport lowering springs on their car? Do you like them? I'm trying to decide what route to take with my suspension and would like feedback. Also what shocks do you run?

I've modified 2 suspensions before, the first on my e30 325is. I got the stiffest H&R springs with bilstein shocks. It handled great but the ride quality suffered and I didn't drive the car much after that. The second was on a 528e. I put the bavauto springs with bilstiens and loved it, the handling was upgraded and the ride quality wasn't hurt too much, but that may have just been due to the heavier/larger car. Anyway, I'm just looking for other people's opinions before ordering something. What about adjustable suspensions?

Tyler 01-10-2006 04:05 PM

I have them but not in my car yet. I will put them in before spring with Blistein sport shocks. There are a few people on here with these. I know Cali-ti has them on his ti.

CASTRO 01-12-2006 05:38 AM

i have them on my ti and my sister has them on her Z3 with bilstein shocks. we both love the set up.

Tyler 01-12-2006 04:28 PM

Also Viper3812 has them too.

2ndBimmer 01-12-2006 04:58 PM

Ive got em. The front is most assuredly low. The ride is firm but not punishing (I dont think). Ive got em with the Bilstein Sport shocks too.

andyman7931 01-12-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndBimmer
Ive got em. The front is most assuredly low. The ride is firm but not punishing (I dont think). Ive got em with the Bilstein Sport shocks too.

is the pic of a car on the grass in your photo gallery your car with the bavauto springs on it? that is definatley low.

Thanks all for the posts, you've reassured my thinking that bavauto springs are what I want, mild upgrade with complete usefulness. If I wanted a harsh ride I could always drive my wrangler.

Viper3812 01-12-2006 05:42 PM

I have the same setup, bavauto and bilstein sports. The ride is great and the wheel gap is completely gone. I also have pics in my gallery with them and the drop with these springs is perfect compared to the other brands with even lower springs because I can clear most things where I live except for a couple speed bumps/humps. Hope you like them too

Mendi3 01-12-2006 07:58 PM

Same here

I have the Bav springs with the bilstein sport shocks and I love them. I have pictures in my gallery as well. The handling and ride are very nice.

andyman7931 01-12-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mendi3
I have the Bav springs with the bilstein sport shocks and I love them. I have pictures in my gallery as well. The handling and ride are very nice.

are those rims in most of your pics from an e46? I just remembered a friend of mine has a set just like them in his garage, maybe I'll have to give him a call soon ;-)

2ndBimmer 01-12-2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyman7931
is the pic of a car on the grass in your photo gallery your car with the bavauto springs on it? that is definatley low.

Yeah, but the grass makes it look lower than it is.
HOWEVER, speedbumps have become my enemy (thats the only problem Ive had).

Mendi3 01-15-2006 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyman7931
are those rims in most of your pics from an e46? I just remembered a friend of mine has a set just like them in his garage, maybe I'll have to give him a call soon ;-)

Yes they are. I had those before I got my CSL ones. They don't look bad don't you think?