318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   The passing of a beloved member (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43188)

teetime4one 04-23-2017 10:38 PM

The passing of a beloved member

Today we say goodbye to one of the greatest men I have ever known. WolferJ has been a site supporter and member since 2007. He contributed with zeal and authentic enthusiasm towards all. His love for our little BMW model shined through with several beautiful cars and one heck of a swapped track car. Buying and selling was never easier than with James. He gave respect and patience to everyone he encountered.

I met James here on the Org. Although we never had the chance to meet in person, he was always my rock when seas got rough. We spent many hours talking on the phone and catching up. He always took the time to talk with me even if he was swamped with work. I knew his family and he knew mine. We got that close.

Take the time to appreciate each other. Show someone love. Be kind. And most importantly, live life one lap at a time.

I'll miss you Mr. James Wolfe

Shellback 04-24-2017 12:31 AM

just read about it on bfc OT. He helped me a lot on this forum. RIP

Strawman 04-24-2017 02:28 AM

James was a pioneer and a true gentleman. I first met him when he drove all the way to the CA Central Coast from Vallejo to pick up a driveshaft from me, and we became friends. He hosted a get-together a few years ago at his house , and I did not hesitate to make the 5 hour trip. I am sorry I didn't visit him while he was sick to try to comfort him. I hope to see him someday at the apex of his favorite turn. Godspeed James...
Geoff

Coyoteh 04-24-2017 05:37 AM

James, you were such an incredible guy.

He helped me a lot and I learned so much from him. He never asked for anything in return. I remember when I first met him, he offered to help me fix my windows and show me what to do for the next time they break. He didn't want any payment, and only accepted a trade for beer when I insisted.

He helped me organize the local ti meetups, hosted them at his house, cooked for all of us, and went around helping or giving advice for little problems our ti's would have. At a meet when I mentioned my backseat latch was stuck, he just jumped in the hatch and tried to dislodge it forward with his legs.

For everyone else local, we'll have to try and organize a memorial meetup and drive.

30yrMbr 04-24-2017 06:05 AM

I met James on this forum, and meet him in person at Bimmerfest a couple of times. I cannot wrap my head around this news. Too young to have departed, too much of a good person, so sad to have lost him. RIP James.

anassa 04-24-2017 06:27 AM

Oh wow sad to hear. I never got the pleasure of meeting him, but the messages and post I saw from him where always helpful, maybe in the next life. Thanks for your help Mr. James!

1996 328ti 04-24-2017 01:02 PM

So sad. :(

skimmer 04-25-2017 03:00 AM

Terrible loss.

BRADESTAR 04-25-2017 07:18 PM

I’m sorry to see this. Helped out a lot on this board, he cared about it. A knowledgeable and positive dude that had much love for the TI.

His username picture was the favorite of all I’ve seen. I hope we can carry that torch for him….

Wolferj, “The O.G. fighter of H8”

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb8fdp665.png

1996 328ti 04-26-2017 04:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Photos from May 2017 Roundel

cmoore 04-26-2017 07:21 PM

I am pretty sure wolferJ and I exchanged some parts over the years (at near shipping costs). Don't know him beyond that but sorry to hear of his passing. Seems like there are a lot of others out there who did indeed know him well. Without trying to speculate about need, if there is any thought this community try to raise some money/gofundme/or auction a car/parts/something to benefit his family or other survivors?

1996 328ti 04-26-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmoore (Post 384741)
I am pretty sure wolferJ and I exchanged some parts over the years (at near shipping costs). Don't know him beyond that but sorry to hear of his passing. Seems like there are a lot of others out there who did indeed know him well. Without trying to speculate about need, if there is any thought this community try to raise some money/gofundme/or auction a car/parts/something to benefit his family or other survivors?

There is a side discussion on decals. I did suggest that proceeds could be sent in his honor.

spidertri 04-27-2017 10:39 AM

Shocked and saddened, I didn't even know James was sick. He was always a huge help and will be missed. Wish I could have met him in person.

740isport 05-03-2017 03:36 PM

I'm late in seeing this, but James was a true friend. We met up a few times, swapped parts and stories. He was always there to lend a hand if needed and even go over to the pick and pull to check for a part for me on more than one occassion.

James - my friend, you will be missed. You were the epitome of a gentleman and friend. I will see you on the other side!

1996 328ti 05-04-2017 01:11 AM

How you live your life is how you are remembered.