318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Suspension (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Any interest in a Group Buy? (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17730)

gimp 08-21-2007 02:12 PM

Any interest in a Group Buy?

A friend of mine has a small parts business and he's a Eibach vendor. Is there any interest in a sway bar package group buy from him? Prices would certainly be under what any other place retails a set for. Eibach doesn't list a "set" for the ti on their site, but we have the parts numbers and can make one.

I'm working on getting a solid price, but I'm just curious to see who is interested.

Mods - if this is a no, no, just let me know.

Thanks!

Update -

I just spoke to my buddy and I have a price/details.

First off, his name is Chookeat and he runs LudicrouSpeed. (http://www.ludicrouspeed.com - the website is still under construction. I'm the web master and I just started a new job, so I haven't been working on it)

If three (3) people are interested, he can get the Eibach Sway Bar Kit, part number 2044.320 for $290 shipped to your door (lower 48 states only - Contact Chookeat for other shipping locations).

From what I can tell, that's $40 less than the cheapest other place I can find before shipping.

I'm not in on the buy, since I only need the front bar (and it's already ordered through him).

He has 4 or 5 sets ready to be delivered, so you can have these pretty quickly if you act now. There are more coming at the end of the month, so there is no close on the group buy. If three or more people are in right now, the first order goes out.

Payment is by credit card.

I'll put up a purchase link later tonight, but post in this thread if you are in.

You can message him over AIM - IM name LudicrouSpd

Thanks guys!

BUY NOW

DustenT 08-21-2007 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimp (Post 132364)
A friend of mine has a small parts business and he's a Eibach vendor. Is there any interest in a sway bar package group buy from him? Prices would certainly be under what any other place retails a set for. Eibach doesn't list a "set" for the ti on their site, but we have the parts numbers and can make one.

I'm working on getting a solid price, but I'm just curious to see who is interested.

Mods - if this is a no, no, just let me know.

Thanks!

Interested.

96cali 08-21-2007 03:29 PM

Possibly interested in springs. They are available in Europe for the Ti but they stopped regular imports to the US. I can get the part numbers off an old thread here.

gimp 08-21-2007 03:52 PM

Give me the part numbers and I'll see what I can do.

bullmand 08-21-2007 04:08 PM

The part number for the Anti-Roll Kit (swaybars) that they used to sell was 2044.320. I might be interested depending on the price.

PettitWC 08-21-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullmand (Post 132373)
I might be interested depending on the price.

same here!!

gimp 08-21-2007 09:25 PM

Updated information. Looks like we are good.

JedzE36/5 08-21-2007 09:36 PM

interested as well.

what are the diameters for these bars and do these bars come with new sway bar bracket bushings?

will price drop with more guaranteed buyers?

gimp 08-21-2007 09:38 PM

The front and rear bars are adjustable:

The front is 28mm and the rear is 19mm. The kit includes all hardware and bushings.

I'm not sure on the price drop for more guaranteed, but I will find out tonight for you guys. He was trying to go as low as possible, but I'm sure I can beat him up for a little more. ;)

JedzE36/5 08-21-2007 09:42 PM

good deal. give him a big push. :)

PettitWC 08-21-2007 09:45 PM

i'm good for it but of course even cheaper is never a bad thing

gimp 08-21-2007 09:58 PM

How many people, right now, are 99% sure they are in? If I can show a good number, I have a better case to get lower.

JedzE36/5 08-22-2007 12:01 AM

i am in.

PettitWC 08-22-2007 02:01 AM

i am for sure

robcarync 08-22-2007 02:55 AM

interested but cant commit quite yet...

does anyone know how difficult it is to install them...ive done a search and i cant find my bentley manual right now (just moved from SC up to raleigh for school....its somewhere im sure...) not looking for step by step instructions....but it is a do it yourself project right? im pretty handy when working on the car so i think i can do it...

and is there anything that needs reinforced by running larger sways...i ask because in my searching i found a comment form jim

Quote:

One thing is for sure, if you run a rear sway bar, the mount on the trailing arms MUST be reinforced.
i dont want to pick up a sway kit and have to go to work replacing other things...im not heavily tracking my car or anything....just autocrossing every once in a while

what exactly is the performance like....i know it 'increases' handling.....and i read one comment that just said the car handled amazing or something like that....not too specfic...

i mean i realize a larger bar will tighten it up and flex less and all that good stuff...just curious about the specfics...trying to make sure itd be worth my money for the kit

anyway....as long as the kit includes everything to install and i wont have to upgrade other parts to use the kit....then id say im 99% in