318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Lounge (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cheapest Track coilovers?? (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42888)

Tad 12-01-2016 01:19 AM

Cheapest Track coilovers??

Simple Q maybe someone knows of an effective coilover setup I can use on track? It'll be a track/street car but it's a secondary car and ridequality is of no importance.
I don't care about brand name either.
nor do I care about adjustability.
I just want to save money and I want it to be suitable for track use.
Oh I do need rideheight adjustability though.

Ebay brands are fine!

THANKS!

anassa 12-29-2016 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tad (Post 382923)
Simple Q maybe someone knows of an effective coilover setup I can use on track? It'll be a track/street car but it's a secondary car and ridequality is of no importance.
I don't care about brand name either.
nor do I care about adjustability.
I just want to save money and I want it to be suitable for track use.
Oh I do need rideheight adjustability though.

Ebay brands are fine!

THANKS!

Not simple! Its better if you set a budget first then find what you can get for it. as cheap as possible + track might be asking for trouble.

maybe someone with more experience on the track can add something.

Tad 12-29-2016 08:16 AM

well I misspoke when I wrote "cheapest"
I suppose I just meant "within the cheap price bracket"
ie 400-800

anassa 01-01-2017 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tad (Post 383234)
well I misspoke when I wrote "cheapest"
I suppose I just meant "within the cheap price bracket"
ie 400-800

Eh. Hard. To recommend anything really.

I know some people like BC, but those are about 1k, I would prefer Ground Control coil-over conversion sleeves with your choice of shocks (Koni) :tongue:. But even that will run you around 1k.

I also don't have any track experience with any of my suspension setups, maybe ask in the track section?

For your budget some good H&R springs + Bilstiens/Koni's seem the way to go for max bang for buck. Getting a bigger rear bar, like from a z3m will help too.

Or even better find a good set of used coilovers and just run those until they die.

Tad 01-01-2017 04:06 AM

Thanks. i just figured some people must have tried out the cheap ones by now and came across some that actually performed pretty good. (usually there's like one or two out of the bunch that do that).
I've run Koni's before and was not impressed. I mean, they definitely do the job, and outperform much of the competition, but mine ended up losing strength after a while.
Mostly street use and one track day.

anassa 01-01-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tad (Post 383276)
Thanks. i just figured some people must have tried out the cheap ones by now and came across some that actually performed pretty good. (usually there's like one or two out of the bunch that do that).
I've run Koni's before and was not impressed. I mean, they definitely do the job, and outperform much of the competition, but mine ended up losing strength after a while.
Mostly street use and one track day.

Well from what I can tell from browsing the web... again this is just theory, but it seems like Jom gets some half okay ratings, you can check those out, and let us know!

jaedon5 03-10-2017 03:48 AM

The bilstein shocks are reasonably priced. I have them and I'm happy with the ride quality. Planning to replace the stock springs with H&R race springs.

Tad 03-10-2017 05:00 AM

thanks for the heads up about jom. that's exactly what i'm looking for.

Um. bilstein shocks though.... those aren't even coilovers..

BMBMW 03-15-2017 05:18 AM

Hi guys , new on forum..
I have some Bilstein shock and H&R springs combo complete , with Bavarian Motorsport camber plates. They were on my E30 that have 5 lug swap .Front is E36 M3 and rear 318ti
I will make thread FS soon
Thanks