318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Parting out & Parts (US) (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Misc parts Clear OEM Euro Lights all around (angelicmisskitty purchase) (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40623)

Artem 08-24-2014 04:58 AM

Clear OEM Euro Lights all around (angelicmisskitty purchase)

Hi guys,

I bought these lights for my ti (from angelicmisskitty, who was awesome btw) but I realized that I wouldnt want to put clears all around on a red car, it would look weird, and I dont want to get pulled over for no reason - its technically illegal in CA, and I already got an S52 in there... Dont want to give them an extra reason to. :rolleyes:

This is exactly what the car would look like if I put the lights on it: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=360676

As opposed to the car in my profile - I just think in red it's better to have the orange ones.

All lights are OEM, Bosch made, still in the box they came in :) They all have BMW stamps on them. Set includes the side marker lights, the front corner lights, and the taillights.

Looking to get $250 shipped or $220 picked up, just making my money back.

Marv17 08-24-2014 11:45 AM

I would take those front corners off your hands for sure. Lmk if you wanna part out or not

Artem 08-24-2014 04:53 PM

Will do but would much rather sell as a complete package.

Marv17 08-24-2014 05:32 PM

Btw, it isn't illegal to have the clear corners and taillights on the car. Don't know where you got that idea from... And I think any car with clear lights is better than the amber ones. Just my opinion tho.
Anyway, if you decide to part out keep me informed.

Artem 08-24-2014 07:05 PM

I hear you, I really like the clear lights on blue cars and black cars, pretty much any color but yellow and red, dont know why - just looks weird to me :-/

When I was at the ref station, they had all ordinances listed on there, one of them was something along the lines of having clear turning signals on the back of the car. I'm sure its not a huge deal but figured didnt feel like bothering with it.

Marv17 08-24-2014 07:12 PM

Hmm... Maybe you're over reacting about it? Ppl drive with clear lights all the time. Heck even some new cars have it. Would that mean that all the new cars are not in compliance with regulations? I think not. You should look into it more. I would like to see this ordinance. Not debating if you're right or wrong nor trying to argue. Just maybe you'll notice something that will want you to keep them, just in case you have doubts.
Btw, that s52 will be fun in the ti... Hope you get a good LSD for it too.

zoner 08-24-2014 08:28 PM

In CA, you can have a white or amber flashing light in front and an amber or red flashing light in the rear. The rear lens can be clear, but the bulb must be amber or red. Many DOT spec. BMW's have come with clear euro lenses and amber bulbs.

Sec. 24953 CVC, in case you were wondering...

Marv17 08-24-2014 08:37 PM

Awesome information. Good to know. There should be a thread of information like this as a sticky. There ya go Artem. Hope this clears up anything you were in question with.

Artem 08-24-2014 11:44 PM

Yea, that was it exactly, I thought of putting the amber lights in there. I don't care about the law to quite that extent, so it wouldnt be a deal breaker - I just dont really like what it would look like on my car...

If anyone is interested, let me know about the set. :)

Cheers,
Artem

Artem 08-28-2014 06:57 PM

Bump, still available

dakar217 08-29-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoner (Post 365578)
In CA, you can have a white or amber flashing light in front and an amber or red flashing light in the rear. The rear lens can be clear, but the bulb must be amber or red. Many DOT spec. BMW's have come with clear euro lenses and amber bulbs.

Sec. 24953 CVC, in case you were wondering...

There is another code that requires an orange reflector in the front and red reflector in the rear. This is why you see cars with factory equipped clears that have a reflector on the bumper near the headlight. The euro lenses for e36s don't have these, so they are technically illegal under California Vehicle Code. There are also 'euro' amber lenses that do not have reflectors.

CVC 24607 covers the rear and CVC 24611 covers the front.

FWIW I never had an issue with them in 10+ years driving an e36 when I lived in SoCal.

MERTM5 08-29-2014 04:16 AM

Newbie here to this forum. Will you take $200?

Artem 08-29-2014 05:15 AM

Come over, give me a call. I can meet you halfway on price or something. Zip code is 94131 phone number is 617-501 6 three four five

Cheers,
Artem

Artem 08-29-2014 08:07 AM

Actually, nvm... Sorry guys I decided the clear lights with the orange bulbs are badass, I'll keep them and put them on. Just got a set of side marker clear lights for a newer model e36 (same as the x5).

Anyone want my euro steering wheel? I got it in the garage pics, I just put a 99 m3 wheel on it.

Cheers,
Artem

AnuketTi 09-08-2014 06:49 AM

Artem - If you change your mind about the clear stuff, lemme know. Cheers!