318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   US and North America (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Switching from Black to Gray interior, looking for parts (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=38551)

raamaudio 06-02-2013 10:49 PM

Switching from Black to Gray interior, looking for parts

I need most of the interior in gray, must be in excellent condition.
My car is a CA edition and not sure if headliners were made in different colors.

Parts I Do Not Need:
-Dash, I am installing the gray one of our my M3 race car project
-Console, as above
-Front seats, unless M type, I may just install Recarro Speeds, I have had two sets before, love them!

Willing to pay well or trade for my black parts.

Rick

zoner 06-03-2013 01:38 AM

I have a lot of gray interior parts that I'd let go for next to nothing, but I think shipping would be cost prohibitive and I'm not even sure how to package the big stuff. :(

raamaudio 06-03-2013 01:43 AM

The parts I need have to be in very very good condition.

If you could take them out to Ontario my business is ran from there now and I could have them packed and shipped to me for a good price as I have a FedEx acccount there and a freight account.

Let me know what you have, pics would be great as I am only looking for really good stuff.

I like the black interior but just to hot for our doggies:)

ram@raamaudio.com

wodcutr 06-03-2013 05:11 PM

I have a pair of front ti seats in sand gray. The upholstery isn't in excellent condition but at least you would have the proper color seats to have reupholstered. I had a seat redone in Provo last year for $300. I have other interior parts in sand gray as well. No rear seat.

If you are getting rid of your black rear hatch shelf I am looking for one.

raamaudio 06-03-2013 06:14 PM

I will have to make this more clear, I have an exception list, I do not need gray seats unless the M, sport, etc type but most likely I will buy a pair of Recaro Speed seats for it.

Thanks,
Rick

wodcutr 06-03-2013 08:39 PM

Sorry, I thought I was helping by telling you what I have but you obviously are the only one that knows what you want and I am an idiot for not understanding what that is. Good luck finding the parts you need. I won't bother you any more by posting in your threads!

raamaudio 06-03-2013 08:58 PM

I was trying to say I needed to make my info more clear, which I did, I was not giving you a hard time, that is not how I do things, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sincerely
Rick

We were just down there last weekend, took the doggies(Akita and Irish Wolfhound) for a walk in Park City then down to that great Mexican place to eat in Midway, we love Grannies too.

wolferj-RIP 06-04-2013 02:29 AM

Rick;

I was wondering if you were aware other members have stated that a M3 Coupe dash will not fit the ti, only a sedan dash will work (don't know which dash you have from your donor car). It also will not quite properly line up with the door panels, but it's a minor aesthetic thing.

I'm working on refinishing a set of Dove Vaders now if you were interested, but Recaro seats will probably be cheaper by the time I'm done...

raamaudio 06-04-2013 05:28 AM

That figures, so many parts on this car are unique to it and some that do fit, not what I expected.

I have nicely rolled M3 fenders, M3 mirrors, now the dash........

I could live with the minor fitment issue with the doors not quite matching up.

But, any sedan dash with the right color available to match a ti gray interior?

Thanks, the more info I have the less mistakes, wasted time and money:)

Rick

wolferj-RIP 06-04-2013 06:35 AM

To make it even more challenging, The grayish ti interior is called "Sandgrau". E36 M3 grayish interiors were a Dove Gray. Close, but not quite the same...

Everything in front of the a-pillars is from a e36 sedan, every thing behind them is unique to the compact.

raamaudio 06-04-2013 05:53 PM

Is the only gray enterior the Sandgrau?

Fenders, hood, windshield, etc...I take it as well?

I have a vented hood I was going to work over and use but it does not fit.

At least some parts from the sedan do fit:)

I need to find a local bit of Sandgrau to compare it to the Dove Gray M3/coupe dash I have to see I I want to go that route.

wolferj-RIP 06-05-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raamaudio (Post 350049)
Is the only gray enterior the Sandgrau?

Fenders, hood, windshield, etc...I take it as well?

I have a vented hood I was going to work over and use but it does not fit.

At least some parts from the sedan do fit:)

I need to find a local bit of Sandgrau to compare it to the Dove Gray M3/coupe dash I have to see I I want to go that route.

It is not the only gray color, but the most common... There were dozens of color combos/options...

See here;
http://bmwfans.info/parts/catalog/E3...m_panel_front/

The hood, fenders, front bumper, trim work etc, is all the same as a sedan from the windshield forward.

raamaudio 06-05-2013 05:04 PM

I did not expect so many options, I figured two colors, 3 at the most like most cars have, especially on their "entry level" car.

It is hard to tell some colors in pictures on the net even though I have a very high end color corrected display on my HP 17" laptop I just had built.

I really want gray, have some Sandgrau available I am looking into that is a nice color as well but not sure how it would look with a silver car.

raamaudio 06-15-2013 03:13 AM

Still looking for an actual gray interior, the sandgray does not match well with a silver car, my wife likes it though. We might have a complete swap available here in UT, thanks to wodcutr:) It is not my favorite color being sand....but I guess I can get used to it if we do it.

BUT, I like the lighter just gray better so still looking:)

Thanks
Rick