318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Engine Swaps (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Figure I'll drop this here as well. Dyno results (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31936)

budget76 10-24-2010 01:45 AM

Figure I'll drop this here as well. Dyno results

Specs in sig, unknown besides what's listed. I'm damn happy for a motor with 130k+ on it :cool:
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/2...osheetb.th.jpg

RAiMA 10-24-2010 05:45 AM

Like I said in the other thread, it's awesome for a 2.5 :) Grats!

Monkfish 10-24-2010 10:58 PM

Nice

Great numbers. Did you take any baseline #s for the stock 2.5?

budget76 10-25-2010 04:44 PM

thanks guys. No baseline numbers, I didn't build the motor besides throwing on a new head, sorry. I'm pretty happy considering the mileage, and the fact it's making 20+hp more than claimed from factory.

FNEG 10-26-2010 01:13 AM

i have looked at bf dyno numbers thread before and it seems you might have more up with that motor than you think. not a bad thing at all . just seems high for what's in it from trolling the inter webs.

budget76 10-26-2010 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FNEG (Post 283967)
i have looked at bf dyno numbers thread before and it seems you might have more up with that motor than you think. not a bad thing at all . just seems high for what's in it from trolling the inter webs.

Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying you think it's reading high? I wouldn't be suprised if it is, but I'm not gonna spend the $$ to throw it on another dyno to compare. I figure worst case the dyno is reading 10% high, as that seems to be the variation I see posted all the time on boards. So then I'm making about 190hp at the wheels, which IMO is still pretty damn good for a 130k+ motor.

Keep in mind I have NO idea what's done internally besides S50 pistons and cams/valvesprings+the chip. The guy I bought it from bought it from his uncle, and his uncle was the one who did work to the motor, so I never was able to get details. Someone there had just dyno'd on a different one the day before, and got similar numbers, so I don't think it's too far off either way.

Really doesn't matter to me, it was just a fun day, and I'd still love beating on it if it had 50hp:biggrin:

FNEG 10-26-2010 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budget76 (Post 283989)
Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying you think it's reading high? I wouldn't be suprised if it is, but I'm not gonna spend the $$ to throw it on another dyno to compare. I figure worst case the dyno is reading 10% high, as that seems to be the variation I see posted all the time on boards. So then I'm making about 190hp at the wheels, which IMO is still pretty damn good for a 130k+ motor.

Keep in mind I have NO idea what's done internally besides S50 pistons and cams/valvesprings+the chip. The guy I bought it from bought it from his uncle, and his uncle was the one who did work to the motor, so I never was able to get details. Someone there had just dyno'd on a different one the day before, and got similar numbers, so I don't think it's too far off either way.

Really doesn't matter to me, it was just a fun day, and I'd still love beating on it if it had 50hp:biggrin:

i wasn't saying it is a bad thing at all i wish i had 200hp muchless a running ti. lol but just from reading the boards it wouldn't surprise me if you had a little more done to it then you think, which is a good thing.

budget76 10-26-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FNEG (Post 283992)
i wasn't saying it is a bad thing at all i wish i had 200hp muchless a running ti. lol but just from reading the boards it wouldn't surprise me if you had a little more done to it then you think, which is a good thing.

gotcha:wink: Yep, I wouldn't be suprised if there's more done either, I've seen some low 2.5 results with the M3 cams too, but IIRC they didn't have the chip to utilize them

indiejack 09-14-2012 07:19 PM

Great numbers, I've yet to consider dyno for my 325Ti, too many little gremlins I'm running down. But awesome numbers for the age!