318ti.org forum (http://www.318ti.org/forum/index.php)
-   Exhausts (http://www.318ti.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   My new toy!!! (http://www.318ti.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9305)

ZeroG 03-03-2006 07:44 AM

My new toy!!!

Look what I found waiting for me when I got home today.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...1/IMG_0036.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...1/IMG_0035.jpg

I hope to complete the install on Sunday!!

HuGo 03-03-2006 08:17 AM

how much you get em for? So your suppose to get 15HP boost right? or do all companies just say that.

angel318ti 03-03-2006 08:28 AM

damn dude I got the same ones from ebay. just put mine in today. I still have't finished the motor yet so I haven't got to see how they sound yet. you have to cut right before the cat but they fit just fine if you cut it right. plus they look good. I also installed the supersprint muffler. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

marcus2116 03-03-2006 03:23 PM

i just bought one yesturday. how far back does it go?

ZeroG 03-03-2006 05:08 PM

I worked a deal with the guy and got them for $210 shipped. I compares them to my buddies Supersprint ones and they are identicle. So we'll see if we get the same kind of performance.

With a 4:1 Header vs. Tri-Y I should loose some lowend tq, but it should increase my high RPM HP. Hopefully the supercharger will make up for the lost tq in the begining. I was also thinking about having them JetHot treated to improve performance. I'll do the install as they are, and maybe I will send them out for treatment later.

If that doesn't work I have been looking at a custom 3.64 LSD. =)

ZeroG 03-03-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel318ti
damn dude I got the same ones from ebay. just put mine in today. I still have't finished the motor yet so I haven't got to see how they sound yet. you have to cut right before the cat but they fit just fine if you cut it right. plus they look good. I also installed the supersprint muffler. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

What Cat?

AlaskaBlue 03-03-2006 05:13 PM

Haha. Yes Officer, I have a catalytic converter. I was looking at those headers too. Let us know how they work.

pdxmotorhead 03-04-2006 08:05 AM

ANy chance on getting a before and after chassis dyno run?

I sure wish somebody would just to show the result, maybe we take up a collection ?

Dave

ZeroG 03-04-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxmotorhead
ANy chance on getting a before and after chassis dyno run?

I sure wish somebody would just to show the result, maybe we take up a collection ?

Dave

I use the same place for the dyno everytime I got so they have about 19 of my charts on file. =)

My car is pretty modified, so my case chart is going to be 209 RWHP!!!

cali-ti 03-04-2006 07:36 PM

what all have you done chad? is this one DASCd or a NA buildup?

ZeroG 03-04-2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cali-ti
what all have you done chad? is this one DASCd or a NA buildup?

I think I have it all written out here on the board somewhere. It is a DASC car intercooled 10 PSI, performance built topend.

cali-ti 03-04-2006 07:50 PM

hmmm ... thought that one had gotten trashed ... or maybe it was just that you picked up an m3 then? guess i'm getting people confused in my head :confused:

ZeroG 03-04-2006 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cali-ti
hmmm ... thought that one had gotten trashed ... or maybe it was just that you picked up an m3 then? guess i'm getting people confused in my head :confused:

Nah... I would have been completely devistated. The car that was wrecked was my Avus TI. The car that I am referring to is the black 318IS. The ///M3 replaced the TI as the daily driver.

ZeroG 03-12-2006 06:04 AM

Everything is in stalled ...

OK, so I finally got eveything installed today.

Ebay Header => SS Cat Bypass => RMS muffler

It will be another week or two before I get it loaded on the dyno. I have to run through several drive cycles to tune the car in closed loop.

As for my first thoughts... The car idles the same as it use to.. When your driving and you hit mid-throttle man is it loud. I don't even recall hearing the Supercharger when I took the car out for the test drive... I even got a fwe looks passing some people on the freeway.

Although, I was told by a friend I did not notice any loss in Tw after the install, but I would be wrong.. The car seems to pull just as stong if not stronger though in the high-end. Woot!

I have an AEM wide ban hooked up to monitor AFRs and everything seems to be as expected...

More to come...

Mendi3 03-12-2006 08:03 AM

Very cool Chad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroG
OK, so I finally got eveything installed today.

Ebay Header => SS Cat Bypass => RMS muffler

It will be another week or two before I get it loaded on the dyno. I have to run through several drive cycles to tune the car in closed loop.

As for my first thoughts... The car idles the same as it use to.. When your driving and you hit mid-throttle man is it loud. I don't even recall hearing the Supercharger when I took the car out for the test drive... I even got a fwe looks passing some people on the freeway.

Although, I was told by a friend I did not notice any loss in Tw after the install, but I would be wrong.. The car seems to pull just as stong if not stronger though in the high-end. Woot!

I have an AEM wide ban hooked up to monitor AFRs and everything seems to be as expected...

More to come...

Nice toy. I want to see it. Can't wait. I would like to know more about the custom 3.64 LSD. I want more details on this.